90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

New topic for 90 day reporting for 2016 Previous version here - 90 Day Reporting Comments & Experiences 2015

This is to post your comments, experiences and questions for the 90 day reporting at CM immigration. The pinned topic, 90 Day Report - Procedures, outlines the requirements.

Note: Off-topic posts will be removed to keep this topic clear

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having serious problems doing my 90 day report on the immigration url. Every attempt to complete each section of the online fails. Typing in letters or numbers is impossibly slow. I have tried I.E Firefox, and Chrome.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

I had success last month. Used Chrome switcher agent on a Macbook pro. Took many attempts to fill in the form. I found filling the pop ups ( Cal. Natl.) first helpful. You can then see your typed blanks fill in (Slow). If you go to fast and not wait you will crash. I had also mailed mine in the week before, never came back. Not sure if they saw I did it online and trashed the return. Had success with mail in with the one prior.

Regarding 90 Day Report mail-ins. A few posters have noticed that service seems to be a bit slower nowadays. Agreed to a point. Up to three months ago all my mail-ins were turned around in one day after it was received. This time I mailed in on Dec 24th. I used EMS on the return envelop so I can track it from the time Immigration mails the receipt out. Mine was either mailed out on Dec 30 or 31st. The CM post office recorded my return envelop being received on Dec 31. Somebody was working on the holidays. The returned EMS mail hit my mailbox yesterday Jan 5th.

I highly recommend having your return envelop sent EMS. Costs 30 THB extra and saves you a lot of heartburn wondering if CM Immigration has processed your 90 Day mail-in before your expiration date. At least CM Immigration is still doing 90 Day mail-ins up to par. Kudos.

I'm having serious problems doing my 90 day report on the immigration url. Every attempt to complete each section of the online fails. Typing in letters or numbers is impossibly slow. I have tried I.E Firefox, and Chrome.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Hi, same here........ driving me Nut's......Help somebody !!!!!!

Regarding 90 Day Report mail-ins. A few posters have noticed that service seems to be a bit slower nowadays. Agreed to a point. Up to three months ago all my mail-ins were turned around in one day after it was received. This time I mailed in on Dec 24th. I used EMS on the return envelop so I can track it from the time Immigration mails the receipt out. Mine was either mailed out on Dec 30 or 31st. The CM post office recorded my return envelop being received on Dec 31. Somebody was working on the holidays. The returned EMS mail hit my mailbox yesterday Jan 5th.

I highly recommend having your return envelop sent EMS. Costs 30 THB extra and saves you a lot of heartburn wondering if CM Immigration has processed your 90 Day mail-in before your expiration date. At least CM Immigration is still doing 90 Day mail-ins up to par. Kudos.

I am a little happy to hear this as I am still waiting for mine to be returned.

The last couple years every one has turned around in less than a week.

I did expect a delay since they would be closed for New Years

Mailed registered on 28th received /signed for by Imm on 29th

No return yet & I did mess up a bit this time. Every time I sent before I send registered & also return envelope registered.

This time for some reason girl at post office put the stamps for registered but claimed the returning post office was the only one who could

put the numbered sticker on it.???

I thought this is wrong because I have always had it done for me before & take a photo of them with my phone before sending

But....TIT & I have maybe been here too long as I did not want to argue with her & let it go 555

Keeping my fingers crossed that it is just as you experienced & slow due to holiday etc.

Will just do the EMS both ways next time & maybe avoid the cannot put the registered sticker on return envelope @ sending post office story? :)

Will hopefully update here upon arrival ;)

I thought by the title this thread was about doing the 90 day in person, not by mail?

Anyway, I was getting a bit late to do my 90 day (family illness and lazyness) but dropped in at 2pm today just in case I would be accepted. Nope, they said come back tomorrow.

Went next door to the company who offers this service, they quickly checked my papers and said 300 baht. Paid them and they said 5 minutes - 5 minutes later I got my passport back with the updated 90 day slip.

What a great service when you really need them.

Doug

What can you say Immigration will not accept 90day reporting after 1400hrs, however walk next door and pay 300Baht, then you reporting is done within a few minutes

Simple not right....you are being pushed to G4T, or try the next day

My wife did my 90 day report this week. She said the staff were being deliberately lazy; spending most of the time playing with their phones or mucking about. She also said that they stopped serving at 11ish and returned at around 1.30. Hoping for an inactive post sometime soon...

I have been reporting my 90 day by post for 2 years .Never had more than a 4 business day turn around.

I posted the last 90 day report on December 24 expecting with the New Year holidays there could be a delay.

Today, January 8, I still had not received my receipt.So drove into the re furbished Airport Office arriving at 11.30 am, plenty of parking, very few people

Waa directed to a desk which had an officer, who has worked there for long time, and a girl sitting on the computer.

He chose to speak to my wife in Thai and I know he speaks English as we have talked before.

The story went like this, they will no longer accept reports by postal mail you have to do it online or go to Promenada,because they dont

have enough staff. The girl went through a small pile of reports and mine was there attached to the return registered envelope.She processed it immediatly

Now the clincher he told my wife I was lucky I could have been fined 4,000 baht for late report if I hadn't come in ,hang on I still had 9 days, the girl

had no more than 20 reports to process. His parting shot was "tell your husband there is no more corruption in Immigration" not sure what that had to do

with my visit. So you have been warned folks that is my experince today.So online or go to Promenada as at todays date,it well could change again.

Mods please move this post if you think it should be somewhere else.

I have been reporting my 90 day by post for 2 years .Never had more than a 4 business day turn around.

I posted the last 90 day report on December 24 expecting with the New Year holidays there could be a delay.

Today, January 8, I still had not received my receipt.So drove into the re furbished Airport Office arriving at 11.30 am, plenty of parking, very few people

Waa directed to a desk which had an officer, who has worked there for long time, and a girl sitting on the computer.

He chose to speak to my wife in Thai and I know he speaks English as we have talked before.

The story went like this, they will no longer accept reports by postal mail you have to do it online or go to Promenada,because they dont

have enough staff. The girl went through a small pile of reports and mine was there attached to the return registered envelope.She processed it immediatly

Now the clincher he told my wife I was lucky I could have been fined 4,000 baht for late report if I hadn't come in ,hang on I still had 9 days, the girl

had no more than 20 reports to process. His parting shot was "tell your husband there is no more corruption in Immigration" not sure what that had to do

with my visit. So you have been warned folks that is my experince today.So online or go to Promenada as at todays date,it well could change again.

It gets worse every day. Of course, this is what the airport office was telling people months ago....only to have the Colonel in charge tell us the complete opposite.

Yes, it would be helpful if other people who haven't received their 90 day receipts yet went to the Airport Immigration office and asked about the status of their 90 day reports. When this happened before, it was because the people had traveled out of the country and didn't realize you have to do your first 90 day report in person after you return -- because there isn't a TM 30 report on file. There has to be a new TM 30 submitted each time you return to the country.

We need to determine if this is an across-the-board refusal to do 90 day reports by mail for everyone.

Last two 90 day reports were quick and efficient at Jomtien Immigration office. Polite staff. Can't fault them since the place has been re-organized.

Tommy, this is the Chiang Mai forum. What caused the Jomtien office to be reorganized? Had conditions sunk to the utter depths of depravity like we have here in Chiang Mai -- to the point that foreigners were complaining to their consulates and embassies, writing letter newspapers, etc? I've heard the Jomtien office is now the model of efficiency but I don't know why. What causes it to be so good? I find it hard to believe that Jomtien expats are any more polite, better dressed or better prepared than we are here in Chiang Mai.

same thing happened to me on Monday report not come back,went to airport office spoke to elderly officer,who your right would only speak to my missus,told me or her,to go home as 90 registered,must admit last time I spoke to this guy he was jovial and very helpful,love to no who has upset him,as he was a good friend for farang,and yes he told me no more mail,go office.ps report come in post Tuesday,16days it took.

Last two 90 day reports were quick and efficient at Jomtien Immigration office. Polite staff. Can't fault them since the place has been re-organized.

use to be the same at chiang mai office to a certain degree,until they turned bandit on there customers,or vice versu

They have won with the "retirement visas" they are stopping mail in?

Online 90 days will be the next to go as the local office gives approval or not I believe? This is a situation out of hand that it appears nobody can/ will do anything about.

My last mail in did not arrive in a reasonable time,I also went in to ask what was happening, same long term officer who had told me months ago that mail in was no longer accepted and I should go to Prom, things changed after

Nancy's efforts and it was acceptable and subsequent mail in's turned around in a few days. Anyway, the officer checked my "submission" noted that it had been received,

I cannot say what I was asked to do before I received my printed receipt, this was end of November.

This seems rather strange as we have one post by Connda who posted his 90 day report on the 24 dec. and received his confirmed slip on the 5 jan. and Sparkles who posted his the same day and did not and then was told no more 90 day by post. So is this of cover up of a slip of an immigration officer or a mistake by the poster

Posted mine on Dec 18/15 and they received it on the 21st. Just received my receipt back in the mail today Jan 8/16 exactly 3 weeks after mailing. I see rumors on here that the mailing has been cancelled can someone please confirm this positively?

Thanks

This seems rather strange as we have one post by Connda who posted his 90 day report on the 24 dec. and received his confirmed slip on the 5 jan. and Sparkles who posted his the same day and did not and then was told no more 90 day by post. So is this of cover up of a slip of an immigration officer or a mistake by the poster

Well I can only tell you as it happened, my experience was 11.30am today.No mistake trust me. You should not be surprised things change very quickly here.

There was no point im me arguing the logic that to bring it in, or post it, takes exactly the same time for the girl to process it on the computer.

Expect more reports in coming days as I know one person who is still awaiting his mail in to return .He posted 3 days after me.

I always seem to be unlucky with my 90 day report at the immigration Promenada.

The 1st time I went at 1 m... was told all the numbers had been used up.

2nd time (the next day) went really early... still did not get seen till gone 3 pm.

Yesterday I went at 7.45 am.. the 90 day line was really long... I knew I would have not got a number or at best not got seen till the afternoon... I did not want to wait in that boring place all day...

So I went in the visa service shop thing next door and the girl got my 90 day in less than 10 minutes.. for only 300 baht.

In the old place in the city I used to get the 90 day really quickly and never had any problems. I can't drive as I am partially blind and have to rely on friends to take me there.... so next time I am going to try the on line reporting.

My 90day is coming up, any updates on mail in situation ?

As reported in other threads, the 90 day mail-in service got a little behind during the holidays and the staff processing them at the airport doesn't take kindly to people coming in person to inquire about the status of their report. But, they are still accepting 90 day reports by post. Go ahead and mail yours, but definitely do it 15 days ahead of the due date. Don't try to cut it too close.

2nd time (the next day) went really early... still did not get seen till gone 3 pm.

Yesterday I went at 7.45 am.. the 90 day line was really long... I knew I would have not got a number or at best not got seen till the afternoon... I did not want to wait in that boring place all day...

So I went in the visa service shop thing next door and the girl got my 90 day in less than 10 minutes.. for only 300 baht.

In the old place in the city I used to get the 90 day really quickly and never had any problems. I can't drive as I am partially blind and have to rely on friends to take me there.... so next time I am going to try the on line reporting.

For your 300 baht you could have had a nice breakfast at Rim Ping's "Bistro" and seen a movie. I'd rather do that than give the money to G4T. Did you ask yourself how it is that they can jump the queue to get your report done in 10 minutes and what you're doing by supporting that?

For your 300 baht you could have had a nice breakfast at Rim Ping's "Bistro" and seen a movie. I'd rather do that than give the money to G4T. Did you ask yourself how it is that they can jump the queue to get your report done in 10 minutes and what you're doing by supporting that?

Obviously he didn't. He asked him self do I want to sit here all day long or just pay 300 baht and be on my way. He decided that he did not want to sit there all day long so he just paid 300 baht and was on his way. In the process he helped speed up the line for those who want to sit there all day.

I strongly suspect he is a bit like me. He didn't come to Thailand to straighten it out just to retire.

My 90day is coming up, any updates on mail in situation ?

As reported in other threads, the 90 day mail-in service got a little behind during the holidays and the staff processing them at the airport doesn't take kindly to people coming in person to inquire about the status of their report. But, they are still accepting 90 day reports by post. Go ahead and mail yours, but definitely do it 15 days ahead of the due date. Don't try to cut it too close.

Don't you love Thai visa. One poster says they are no longer taking mail in 90 day reports by mail and it goes viral. The fact is they are still taking them in.

Sorry for your sight problems ,maybe get a friend to help you with doing it for the first time online as it doesnt work for some of us.

You now know the reason that you have to wait hours if you queue to process it at no cost.

You mention only 300 baht for less than 10 minutes "work" is ok ,that's a days wages for many Thais.

Archived