90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

Apparently, this is normal procedure but previously I had not come up against it. 

Today I took a friend to immigration to do his 90-day report. He got his number just before 11am. He was number 104. We milled around and then at 11:26 we went to the processing desk and the two ladies were twiddling their thumbs and saying that they had done their 100 for the morning and you had to come back at 1pm when they would start taking numbers again. 

It's more than a half-hour before lunch break and they just stop. Absolutely outrageous behavior and more so since they had that smug, "We can F--- with you however we want and there's not a damn thing you can do about it," grin on their gobs. 

Who came up with this rabbit-out-of-a-hat number of 100? I mean people are sitting right there waiting, and you stop working 36 minutes before lunch? What manner of bullshite is that? 

It's rude, mean-spirited, petty and condescending, to name a few adjectives I could think of. 

As my friend said sarcastically, "You don't suppose if they only got to 97 by noon that they would work over to make up the last three, do you?"

I think this behavior is scandalous and if I thought lodging a protest would do any good, I would; but it won't and probably I'd be flagged for the next time I have to report myself. 

It's more blatant evidence that Thailand does not really want people to be here long term and will frustrate and irritate you in any small way they can find to prove that point. 

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received my approved mailed in 90 day report today.  7 days from when I mailed it in.  I was a little concerned because it was from a new address from my previous residence of 7 years.  I enclosed a copy of my new TM30 which my landlord had previously obtained for me. Apparently, no problem. 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, dingdongrb said:

I'm happy to hear you have had success. I'm also happy to hear that you know how the 99.9% feel. Did you take a poll to get that conclusion?

I have expressed some of my past issues with the Thai postal service on other threads and won't be repeating myself. With them being a 'manual' process and I'm sure with limited resources, they don't do a real bad job. However I am happy to be able to make payments like my TOT, water, and electricity in person easily as I wouldn't trust the postal system with any time sensitive or payment mailings. But hey, that might be just me.

Who goes to a post office to mail payments for electricity ,water ,TOT ?... duh ....you go to a 7/11 or a direct debit from your bank account.

I am talking about 90 day reporting which can't be done at a 7/11 .....get it ?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, Trujillo said:

Apparently, this is normal procedure but previously I had not come up against it. 

Today I took a friend to immigration to do his 90-day report. He got his number just before 11am. He was number 104. We milled around and then at 11:26 we went to the processing desk and the two ladies were twiddling their thumbs and saying that they had done their 100 for the morning and you had to come back at 1pm when they would start taking numbers again. 

It's more than a half-hour before lunch break and they just stop. Absolutely outrageous behavior and more so since they had that smug, "We can F--- with you however we want and there's not a damn thing you can do about it," grin on their gobs. 

Who came up with this rabbit-out-of-a-hat number of 100? I mean people are sitting right there waiting, and you stop working 36 minutes before lunch? What manner of bullshite is that? 

It's rude, mean-spirited, petty and condescending, to name a few adjectives I could think of. 

As my friend said sarcastically, "You don't suppose if they only got to 97 by noon that they would work over to make up the last three, do you?"

I think this behavior is scandalous and if I thought lodging a protest would do any good, I would; but it won't and probably I'd be flagged for the next time I have to report myself. 

It's more blatant evidence that Thailand does not really want people to be here long term and will frustrate and irritate you in any small way they can find to prove that point. 

Of course Thailand wants foreigners here, it drives the economy, big time. You just have to be mature enough to work around it.

You could of course  have mailed the 90 day repor,t like most people do, instead of creating a drama.

On 2/2/2017 at 4:47 PM, Trujillo said:

2 or 3 pm is the magic time to do a 90, if you absolutely have to do it in person.  My last mail in was done on 26 December and returned on 30 December.  18 THB each way for registered mail.  I was cutting it close, because I assumed the online would work.  I'm not banking on any grace period.  Next time, I am mailing 16 days before, so they will have it 15 days before.

3 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Of course Thailand wants foreigners here, it drives the economy, big time. You just have to be mature enough to work around it.

You could of course  have mailed the 90 day repor,t like most people do, instead of creating a drama.

For some reason, the old timers believe that important stuff should be done first thing in the morning...just like at the DMV in the US (car registration).  You have to pick lulls.  I'll give them credit for not getting there at 6, like my neighbor, but I don't  ever recall seeing lulls before lunch time...usually the tension is building.  Then there is a crazy rush right after lunch with people fighting for numbers and many returnees from the morning.  I think 4 pm would be better than 1 pm, for a 90, and you could still let G4 do it...but worst case you would be out an hour of time, as opposed to 4 hours. 

15 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

2 or 3 pm is the magic time to do a 90, if you absolutely have to do it in person.  My last mail in was done on 26 December and returned on 30 December.  18 THB each way for registered mail.  I was cutting it close, because I assumed the online would work.  I'm not banking on any grace period.  Next time, I am mailing 16 days before, so they will have it 15 days before.

Similar situation.  I realized I only had 13 days. It was Saturday (Post Office closed) and Chinese New Year.  I went to one of the mailing services at Big C and they did the EMS.  In fact the girl was familiar with the Immigration procedure and handled it easily. It was processed and returned without a problem (as posted #632 above). Note to self; next time watch the date closer and mail before the recommended 15 days.  

17 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Who goes to a post office to mail payments for electricity ,water ,TOT ?... duh ....you go to a 7/11 or a direct debit from your bank account.

I am talking about 90 day reporting which can't be done at a 7/11 .....get it ?

I do go to 7-11 to pay my electric bill... I think I said that in my post:

" As for electricity payment, there's nearly two 7-11s on every street in CM so stopping once a month while I'm out and about isn't an issue."  Duhhhhhhhhh

Actually you were posting that 99.9% of everyone doesn't have a problem with Thailand's postal service.....  and I was merely remarking, I have had numerous issues before with their manual outdated service.

You could have actually read my post, wherein you would know I was taking someone there, not my 90-day. You would also have known, had you read my post, that I did not say anything to the staff (I am not insane), and was venting my frustrations on a forum board. 

Regardless of how you cut it -- mail in or otherwise -- this 100 number cut-off at 11:26am at immigration, when they still have 36 minutes of work time before lunch, is insulting to the people who are sitting there with numbers just over 100. 

The officers must be thinking, "We could process at least eight more people before lunch, by why bother when we can make them wait two more hours while we check Facebook?"

On 2/4/2017 at 5:17 PM, silverhawk_usa said:

I received my approved mailed in 90 day report today.  7 days from when I mailed it in.  I was a little concerned because it was from a new address from my previous residence of 7 years.  I enclosed a copy of my new TM30 which my landlord had previously obtained for me. Apparently, no problem. 

Good to read this.  Mine is due on 20th.  I EMS on the 2nd, confirmation arrived on Friday the 3rd... Sunday the 5th is officially 15 days.  Gotta always play the technicals here.  As of today "Item not found"  Hoping it gets mailed by the 14th, I need a couple of days to investigate it and if I have to go to Prom Immigration... dreaded place, although I could pickup a re-entry permit for the smoke season.
I have never had a problem with the thai post office involving my 90 day mail ins.

On 2/6/2017 at 3:00 PM, Trujillo said:

You could have actually read my post, wherein you would know I was taking someone there, not my 90-day. You would also have known, had you read my post, that I did not say anything to the staff (I am not insane), and was venting my frustrations on a forum board. 

Regardless of how you cut it -- mail in or otherwise -- this 100 number cut-off at 11:26am at immigration, when they still have 36 minutes of work time before lunch, is insulting to the people who are sitting there with numbers just over 100. 

The officers must be thinking, "We could process at least eight more people before lunch, by why bother when we can make them wait two more hours while we check Facebook?"

Just say for example, their supervisor told them, you take care of 100 or lunch time, which ever comes first (in the case of them being "busy")... 100 comes up and they process in their heads.. Ok, I can stop now.  The idea that they could actually work up to their scheduled time never occurs to them.    I do avoid going there, except I have to for my extension and re-entry.  

On 2/6/2017 at 3:00 PM, Trujillo said:

This reminds me of a story I heard many years ago from a friend who was in the USA AutoWorker's union. There were quotas that were pretty much required to be met for each of the production processes. He said he would go to work, work his arse off for the first 6 hours to meet his required quota, and then tell his boss that if he's needed he could be found sleeping over in the corner on some broke down cardboard boxes. He told me that was never an issue with the factory management as long as he made his quota.......  No wonder items in the USA are priced high......  and unions sux.

14 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

This reminds me of a story I heard many years ago from a friend who was in the USA AutoWorker's union. There were quotas that were pretty much required to be met for each of the production processes. He said he would go to work, work his arse off for the first 6 hours to meet his required quota, and then tell his boss that if he's needed he could be found sleeping over in the corner on some broke down cardboard boxes. He told me that was never an issue with the factory management as long as he made his quota.......  No wonder items in the USA are priced high......  and unions sux.

Going back 40 odd years before I became the successful most handsome guy I am today, I worked as a refuge collector, or in England was known as a dustman for about a year.

Our working day for rubbish bin collections was from 7.00 am to 4.00 pm Mon to Fri that included an hour for lunch break. Similar to your auto workers, when we arrived for work at 7.00 am we also worked our <deleted> off running around as if our feet were on fire. By 11.00 am we had completed our rounds and then went home on full pay for the remainder of the day.  Although a crap job It really was money for old rope. One of our work mates would finish his shift wearing his smelly filthy old overalls, go back to the depot, shower and then go home wearing a bowler hat and suit looking like an executive, no one would ever guess he was a dustman. Back in those days we had the strength of the unions behind us and if management ever complained then we would stage a walk out and go on strike, again on full pay. 

Seems to me that immigration are on a similar good time roll and providing they meet their expected quotas, then the bosses don`t give a darn.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, congrats to CM Immigration 90 day mail in department and the CM branch of the Thai Post Office.

My expire date was 20 Feb.

EMS'd my 90 day to the old immigration address on morning of Thursday 2 Feb.  Immigration received it 4pm on Friday 3 Feb.  Sunday 5 Feb was the 15 day point.  
Sent out from immigration afternoon of Friday 17 Feb and I received 4pm today Saturday 18 Feb.

First experience with the 90 days mail reporting went fine after 6 or 7 successful online reports. Due date is 18.02.17, I sent the documents by registered mail to Immigration Promenada address on 03.02.17, delivery was confirmed to Immigration on 07.02.17. The form was approved on 09.02.17 I received it back on 17.02.17. So, until the online reporting is back I will use the mail option.

• 2 weeks later...

Send  my 90 day with mail on the 14th that was a little bit late because it expire today the 27th .

Today when checking the mail i see they send the return envelop on Saturday the 25th around 3 pm.

Did not know they are working on Saturday also now , but lucky for me because i was already preparing the papers again to go so them my self today.

Next time i will send it before the 15 day to have a bigger time frame.

Good luck

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

26 pages on 90-day reporting! :laugh::cheesy:

Come on people, how difficult is it to affix a stamp to an envelope and hand it to the postman/postlady?

Incredible!

For those who know the system no problem for those that don"t I guess the thread helps?  1507625.GIF

8 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Send  my 90 day with mail on the 14th that was a little bit late because it expire today the 27th .

Today when checking the mail i see they send the return envelop on Saturday the 25th around 3 pm.

Did not know they are working on Saturday also now , but lucky for me because i was already preparing the papers again to go so them my self today.

Next time i will send it before the 15 day to have a bigger time frame.

Good luck

Been the case for a long time.I think its mainly CM Uni students geting some work experience under guidance

4 hours ago, elektrified said:

26 pages on 90-day reporting! :laugh::cheesy:

Come on people, how difficult is it to affix a stamp to an envelope and hand it to the postman/postlady?

Incredible!

I think you would be very surprised by how many people don't know about the mail in option .I have  mentioned it in my village many times,.The village has a high proportion of foreigners, who had never heard about the easy ,hassle free ,method.

I suggested to an Imm officer years ago that they could put a large sign at their office offering this option.Of course that didn't work ie offering adivce.

So unless you are a visitor to this site, which would be the vast majority of foreigners living here, you would never know. 

• 1 month later...

Took 4 days from sending it  to receipt arriving in my home mailbox.  Used the Promenada address I posted previously.  Sent EMS and this time it didn't go through the Lamphun center as it always had using the Airport address, stayed local.

Archived