90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

Just got off the phone from Airport Immi (well, the wife did, actually......).

Our problem? - 90-day papers sent by EMS 29th December and nothing received since then.

We were told the following :

1. It's no longer possible to mail in 90-days - you have to come in person.

2. For those that have already sent by mail - it's possible to get the "next date for renewal" over the phone (but you need to ask, as they don't volunteer the information !). Have your passport info handy.

3. Around the next renewal date - you have to come in person to do your 90-days. If you don't have a proper 90-day receipt, then you will have to explain once again about the "phone date".

We were advised to use the online 90-day registration, so we asked for the web-page address. The answer was "Sorry, I don't know". blink.png

CM Immi at its best..............

Still, I don't doubt there'll be plenty of other variations of the 90-day procedure.......coffee1.gif

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMM UPDATE

Posted our 90 day report by EMS 8th January 2016

Nothing received back, so today we went to IMM Airport

We were told new reporting date 11th April, however would not gives up a receipt "IMM officer with glasses'

"TOO MUCH POST"

While I was on the IMM issues, I decided to go to IMM Prom and do my TM28 and TM30 ( never did one before)

My wife and I arrived at 1400hrs, sat at the 'HOUSEMASTER DESK", did not need a queue ticket

A girl turn up at 1415hrs, very friendly, checked the form TM30 and documents, stamped the receipt and that was it, out by 1430hrs

We were told they did not need the TM28, as we submitted the TM30

I went to Nakhon Sawan Immigration this morning (125km away) and got to the office at 10am.

At 10.02 I was out of the door with my completed 90 day report.

Done, simple and easy.

I believe that NS comes under the CM region. but I am not sure.

Friend went on Monday, same scenario, posted in not received back.

However, he was given a slip by the officer with the glasses who seems to be the centre of the problem.

Those that are not given a slip but just a report date could perhaps find themselves liable to fines?

Total inconsistency a master cluster--c.

We had the TM30 form, plus 2 TM28 forms for my wife and I

The IMM girls simply would not accept the forms, we asked several times...STILL NO

Only TM30 needed

We are the house owner / master, we copied and submitted a copy of the yellow book with all the other documents

What can you do?

We had the TM30 form, plus 2 TM28 forms for my wife and I

The IMM girls simply would not accept the forms, we asked several times...STILL NO

Only TM30 needed

We are the house owner / master, we copied and submitted a copy of the yellow book with all the other documents

What can you do?

Hully Gully,relax, do nothing is my suggestion.I enquired at Promenada a month ago,forms in hand prepared.As soon as the officer saw my yellow book he said "no need you are in the "system" ,whatever that means.Immigration and "system" is a total oxy moron.

Worst that can happen is a stint in a re education camp and a small fine, which maybe negotiable.

Came across this very detailed and up to date article on 90 day reporting. It goes into what seems to be happening with mail-in and not getting a hard receipt and that is immigration is entering the up to date information from the mail-in TM47 and expecting you to go to the online reporting page and use either your passport number or reference number which the IO is supposed to give you.

https://sites.google.com/site/ccccrecent/home/immigration-online-reporting-help

Came across this very detailed and up to date article on 90 day reporting. It goes into what seems to be happening with mail-in and not getting a hard receipt and that is immigration is entering the up to date information from the mail-in TM47 and expecting you to go to the online reporting page and use either your passport number or reference number which the IO is supposed to give you.

Thanks for the info and link - very interesting. However, this seems to suggest that MAIL-IN is still very much alive and allowed, although IMMI no longer send the slip back to you - you now have to check your status and print the slip, yourself..

This definitely contradicts the info given to us by IMMI a few days ago, that it's no longer possible to MAIL-IN your 90-day application. Mind you, it's well-known that IMMI doesn't always give the out the correct and understandable info - especially verbal info (over the phone)..

Does anyone actually know 100% whether the 90-day MAIL-IN possibility is STILL available - or NOT ?

Sorry you guys in Chiang Mai are having all these problems. I did mine a few days ago in Jomtien, and I didn't need to sit down. Handed in my passport and got it back about 3 minutes later. Amazing Thailand!

Good to hear that - and naturally we wish that CM Immi was like Jomtien - efficient, quick and polite service (I remember it well).

You're lucky. biggrin.png

For us that live well outside of CM, we have to use a WHOLE DAY for Immi, just for the smallest of services - and maybe even then, we have to return the next day.......sad.png

Thanks for the link. Interesting, if true. Be nice to get some first hand reports of confirmation that the information is indeed accurate wrt this new information regarding mail-in reporting and the receipts.

All this to simply inform them that (in most cases) you have not changed address. Online reporting you must use the "correct" browser when nearly any other internet task functions with any browser. Why can't we just email the docs and they can email back the verification, is that too easy?

Visa guru ubonjoe said, "I don't think that will work. The only reports saved in the online system are those done through the online reporting system.

Mail in and reports done in person will not be there since the online system is not tied to the local immigration office reporting system."

Thanks & nice article/info write up!

Also what your saying confirms what was told to me at the airport office the day I went to check why i never got a receipt mailed back

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881961-90-day-reporting-comments-and-experiences-2016/page-4#entry10324041

The only thing different is that he never told me to go & print out a receipt but instead just said now I can use online next time & it is easier.

I have actually tried using my passport info to check status & maybe print a receipt but it states in Thai (ไม่พบข้อมูล) No Find Data/Info wink.png

I think the main thing is that we "who were verbally given a new expiration date" are clearly in the system. Which is why he could look at the screen

& get our next expiration date

So 15 days before that date or no less than 7 just go online & file our next 90 day notice.

As he said.... "easier" for all I'm sure

If for what ever reason that is beyond you then you can still go in & they have your expiration in the system so furnish the needed/usual docs

The only drawback (if there is one?) is I guess folks like me that used mail in before, now need to try online. But I have to agree with the officer Ultimately Easier for everyone

Because no lines...no piles of mail to go thru & no slips to print & stuff into envelops & mail etc.

I will report back on how it goes for me in April online. I have tested the IE Tab for firefox & it seems to access their database easily without flickering like plain firefox does. thumbsup.gif

All this to simply inform them that (in most cases) you have not changed address. Online reporting you must use the "correct" browser when nearly any other internet task functions with any browser. Why can't we just email the docs and they can email back the verification, is that too easy?

Actually when you say

Why can't we just email the docs and they can email back the verification, is that too easy?

I think ultimately it would not be easy at all

Imagine the worker tending it at Imm...

Goes to work checks today's email & gets 180 emails smile.png

Then still has to input the data check your data etc & email you back a receipt.

Suppose you did not send it right ....they then need to email you back & tell you?

Imagine how many threads/conversations they would need to maintain via email.

Sadly I think there are just so many foreigners here now & yes I also agree the whole 90 day deal

is redundant after they have already agreed to extend our stay a year at our yearly extension renewal...but that is another subject biggrin.png

Has anyone manged to print a 90 day receipt from the IMM database, after reporting by post

You can fill out your passport number, DOB and nationality

But does it work?

I tried and I think is a BIG NO

As I said in my post

I have actually tried using my passport info to check status & maybe print a receipt but it states in Thai (ไม่พบข้อมูล) No Find Data/Info

But as I also said...Since the clerk could easily input our PP info & see our next expiration date...that shows we are clearly in the system.

Just do as the clerk suggested & use online next time to renew & all should be fine.

Yes the one drawback is no mail in next time but...That is probably the intent & a way to get folks herded over to online reporting

Hopefully it all works fine on next renewal smile.png

Actually when you say

Why can't we just email the docs and they can email back the verification, is that too easy?

I think ultimately it would not be easy at all

Imagine the worker tending it at Imm...

Goes to work checks today's email & gets 180 emails smile.png

Then still has to input the data check your data etc & email you back a receipt.

Suppose you did not send it right ....they then need to email you back & tell you?

Imagine how many threads/conversations they would need to maintain via email.

Sadly I think there are just so many foreigners here now & yes I also agree the whole 90 day deal

is redundant after they have already agreed to extend our stay a year at our yearly extension renewal...but that is another subject biggrin.png

Yes I can imagine that is why i sugested it... you should only need to send a new form if you change address otherwise your email contains your ID code, and a no change message , they reply they got it..end of story till next time. Sent to a sseparate Imm. email address. The Imm. law states every long stay alien needs to report address every 90 days it should not be such an issue, it should and could be easy. The whole situation is just obsurd. ..... snail mail is iffy and now requires a trip to old imm., online doesn't like my browsers, In person is ...inconvenient, degrading and competative...... so I will use an agent.

I have actually tried using my passport info to check status & maybe print a receipt but it states in Thai (ไม่พบข้อมูล) No Find Data/Info

Same for me. Even tried a complete fresh Windows installation and opened all possible security holes. Same error message. I know it's in their system for sure since last Monday, but the frontend still does not accept it.

I saw on that site I linked to earlier they have a survey. Would be good for members who are in the mailed-in/no receipt situation to get some stats.

Whoever recently has MAILED their 90-day reports to Immigration

I mailed (EMS) mine Friday the 15th but don't have a response as yet (won't be too worried about it until after this coming Friday).

But....I don't see what this survey has to do with anything about mailing in (other than the first question....and I've never heard that you could check online for whether they got or did something with your mailed-in report).

I mailed (EMS) mine Friday the 15th but don't have a response as yet (won't be too worried about it until after this coming Friday).

But....I don't see what this survey has to do with anything about mailing in (other than the first question....and I've never heard that you could check online for whether they got or did something with your mailed-in report).

There have been 2-3 reports recently from members who have mailed in but not yet received their receipt. They called or went to Airport office and was told no mail-in but they entered the info in the computer and informed them to check approval/receipt using online via passport # or reference number. The officer would not give them a physical receipt. Also mentioned in the article.

Yes I can imagine that is why i sugested it... you should only need to send a new form if you change address otherwise your email contains your ID code, and a no change message , they reply they got it..end of story till next time. Sent to a sseparate Imm. email address. The Imm. law states every long stay alien needs to report address every 90 days it should not be such an issue, it should and could be easy. The whole situation is just obsurd. ..... snail mail is iffy and now requires a trip to old imm., online doesn't like my browsers, In person is ...inconvenient, degrading and competative...... so I will use an agent.

Yes I agree this is how it "should" be

Meaning a form mailed only "if" your address has changed.

Seems quite redundant to be doing this every 90 days if nothing has changed.

Especially since we have already been given approval to stay 1 year at our yearly extension interviews.

But sadly this is one of those things where you just wonder why. rolleyes.gifsmile.png

Because the truth is it serves no real purpose at all & is likely never looked at by anyone.

It just causes more work for all on both sides of the counter. wink.png

Instead next time they come in for an extension....just fine those who have moved (different address on forms)

& did not report their change of address

There have been 2-3 reports recently from members who have mailed in but not yet received their receipt. They called or went to Airport office and was told no mail-in but they entered the info in the computer and informed them to check approval/receipt using online via passport # or reference number. The officer would not give them a physical receipt. Also mentioned in the article.

You can add me to the mailed in but not yet received their receipt list.

My previous mailing online reports have been successful and always received a receipt in return.

This time posted my 90 report by EMS 2 weeks ago and heard nothing since. Tried the online 90 day reporting using every browser, has never worked for me and no exception this time round. Tried the online 90 day verification but it asks for a reference number that obviously I don`t have and when sending my details received a message, data not verified. It`s seems I have to visit immigration next week pleading for mercy. This is beyond the joke and not an acceptable practice, an endurance game, enough to make any sane person go nuts. Ridiculous.

My previous mailing online reports have been successful and always received a receipt in return.

This time posted my 90 report by EMS 2 weeks ago and heard nothing since. Tried the online 90 day reporting using every browser, has never worked for me and no exception this time round. Tried the online 90 day verification but it asks for a reference number that obviously I don`t have and when sending my details received a message, data not verified. It`s seems I have to visit immigration next week pleading for mercy. This is beyond the joke and not an acceptable practice, an endurance game, enough to make any sane person go nuts. Ridiculous.

I Spent300 Baht easier and have no worry like you now

I Spent300 Baht easier and have no worry like you now

Please don`t remind me, I`m now having deep regrets.

Tried the online 90 day verification but it asks for a reference number that obviously I don`t have and when sending my details received a message, data not verified.

In the check status you have a tab to use the reference number and one to enter you passport number. Did you try the passport number option? Or was that the 2nd part of your statement?

Archived