90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the reports on posting 90 day reports having problems ...... posted mine in 14 days early.

Sent EMS on Friday 22 Jan.

Returned EMS Tuesday 26 Jan.

Zero problems ..... apart from me wasting 10 days ...... Grrrr

(37bht each was for EMS, 5bht for envelopes, total cost 84bht)

AFAIK the online 90 day reporting cannot be done for the first 90 day report following an entry to LOS. Does that apply to the postal option too? In light of the report by MaeJoMTB above, and the very recent success of a postal report, I'm tempted to try that as a first option for my next one.

With all the reports on posting 90 day reports having problems ...... posted mine in 14 days early.

Sent EMS on Friday 22 Jan.

Returned EMS Tuesday 26 Jan.

Zero problems ..... apart from me wasting 10 days ...... Grrrr

(37bht each was for EMS, 5bht for envelopes, total cost 84bht)

With my own recent experience this confirms that both online and postal options are currently functional; even though some do not find this to be the case especially when submitting online.

I sincerely applaud the efforts of those who are trying to improve the situation in Chiang Mai Immigration. However, would not a beneficial first step be to establish why these two alternatives work for some but not all? I doubt that any-time-soon we will enjoy full transparency of the workings within our local immigration office but suggest that a significant benefit, to the increasing number who need to use them, would be that this forum were able to advise them of exactly what is expected; interpretation by individual I/O's notwithstanding.

My 'signature' reveals that I am a dreamer.

"I sincerely applaud the efforts of those who are trying to improve the situation in Chiang Mai Immigration. However, would not a beneficial first step be to establish why these two alternatives work for some but not all? I doubt that any-time-soon we will enjoy full transparency of the workings within our local immigration office but suggest that a significant benefit, to the increasing number who need to use them, would be that this forum were able to advise them of exactly what is expected; interpretation by individual I/O's notwithstanding."

​You are absolutely correct Some things work for some people, but I am absolutely 100% sure that I was told no more postal reports by the officer yesterday. What is needed for this consortium of consulates to try and get some definite info for their fellow countrymen and post online.After all we all want to conform to the law but need direction as to the best way to do it that works for everyone

AFAIK the online 90 day reporting cannot be done for the first 90 day report following an entry to LOS. Does that apply to the postal option too? In light of the report by MaeJoMTB above, and the very recent success of a postal report, I'm tempted to try that as a first option for my next one.

I can confirm that the on-line 90 day reporting option works just fine for the first report after entry into LOS. In fact, it seemed to be just the fix I needed. In the past I couldn't do 90 day reporting on-line, but I could for Hubby. (up until the recent trip, we had different entry dates)

I can confirm that the on-line 90 day reporting option works just fine for the first report after entry into LOS. In fact, it seemed to be just the fix I needed. In the past I couldn't do 90 day reporting on-line, but I could for Hubby. (up until the recent trip, we had different entry dates)

Nancy, congratulations on getting the 90-day online to work. Could having filed a TM.30 just after you last re-entered Thailand (either by you, your landlord or condo association) also have had anything to do with you being able to file your first 90-day report online?

I've nearly always used 'mail-in' system to do 90 day reports, but after mailing (EMS) my last one on the 12th January (for report date of 23rd), today is the 26th so got paranoid, so popped down today at 4.15pm, spoke to chap who deals with it explained situation and showed him EMS receipt etc... brushed that aside waving his hands, NO EMS, NO EMS, so I reconfirmed with him again, he definitely said no mail-ins. Don't know if this is the same for anyone else, but ThaiVisa IS NOT reporting that they have stopped.

I've nearly always used 'mail-in' system to do 90 day reports, but after mailing (EMS) my last one on the 12th January (for report date of 23rd), today is the 26th so got paranoid, so popped down today at 4.15pm, spoke to chap who deals with it explained situation and showed him EMS receipt etc... brushed that aside waving his hands, NO EMS, NO EMS, so I reconfirmed with him again, he definitely said no mail-ins. Don't know if this is the same for anyone else, but ThaiVisa IS NOT reporting that they have stopped.

As previously posted the guy said the same to me.

Needs clarifying by a head honcho or such.

So what did he do? did he give you a 90 day receipt or tell you to go to Premanada Immigration and file there?

The guy tells different things to different people every day. Seems he just want to get rid of people asking questions ASAP.

Do you frequent the office daily and earwig to everything he says to people? He wasn't trying to get rid of me quickly in fact he took his time to explain to me as he was so quiet, but he was adamant that you could not do reporting by post any more. just saying, up to you if you want to make your own enquiries ^_^

So what did he do? did he give you a 90 day receipt or tell you to go to Premanada Immigration and file there?

Nope his assitant, scanned my passport there and then and printed a new 90 day docket/receipt for my passport???

Nancy, congratulations on getting the 90-day online to work. Could having filed a TM.30 just after you last re-entered Thailand (either by you, your landlord or condo association) also have had anything to do with you being able to file your first 90-day report online?

Yes, good point. Our condo office filed new TM30 reports for us AND we each have done a new retirement extension since the we last re-entered Thailand, too. So, it seems that CM Immigration has finally gotten all the details lined up for us properly in their computer system.

It will probably get messed up when we take another overseas trip later this year and re-enter. Of course, the condo office will file a new TM30 when we return, but something is bound to get messed up.

No, it does not seem so. I have a new passport w/a new entry to LOS last October so this month was my first 90-day report. I mailed it in and picked up the new slip Monday (as I reported in this forum)

The online reporting system worked well before on only internet explorer but now seems to crash frequently. Have also had friends who have used this and not had any confirmation reciept; which means no proof if anyone needs to check there 90 days like the police. Personally not a fan of the risk.

Is the online 90-day reporting system sensitive to the version of IE used? Specifically, does anyone have first-hand experience within the past month or two of successfully reporting using IE, or an IE spoof, for version 8 or version 9?

I filed 90-day reports on-line for Hubby and me on Sunday using a genuine version of IE 9 on a machine loaded with the Visa operating system. I was surprised with just how nimbly I moved thru the website. When I input data it was accepted immediately. I used pull-down menus where ever possible and only input required info -- nothing extra.

Immediately was able to print out receipts show the status as pending and the next day (Monday) printed out receipts showing "Accepted" plus what they call an Appointment slip, which looks like the receipt you receive when you report in person.

I'm a believer now.

Is the online 90-day reporting system sensitive to the version of IE used? Specifically, does anyone have first-hand experience within the past month or two of successfully reporting using IE, or an IE spoof, for version 8 or version 9?

I filed 90-day reports on-line for Hubby and me on Sunday using a genuine version of IE 9 on a machine loaded with the Visa operating system. I was surprised with just how nimbly I moved thru the website. When I input data it was accepted immediately. I used pull-down menus where ever possible and only input required info -- nothing extra.

Immediately was able to print out receipts show the status as pending and the next day (Monday) printed out receipts showing "Accepted" plus what they call an Appointment slip, which looks like the receipt you receive when you report in person.

I'm a believer now.

Will be trying next week.

Only need a 30-35 person a day online visa appointment system up and running and we have almost cracked it!

Thanks Nancy. I'll try the online approach once or twice before going postal. I think I read the guide, the link for which Tywais posted, about online procedures too quick. It says you MAY need to do your first 90 day after entering LOS in person UNLESS you have submitted a TM.30 / TM.28. I did both recently so fingers crossed. Had you submitted TM28/TM30 following re-entry to LOS too?

Thanks Nancy. I'll try the online approach once or twice before going postal. I think I read the guide, the link for which Tywais posted, about online procedures too quick. It says you MAY need to do your first 90 day after entering LOS in person UNLESS you have submitted a TM.30 / TM.28. I did both recently so fingers crossed. Had you submitted TM28/TM30 following re-entry to LOS too?

Yes, my condo office files a TM30 at our request when we re-enter the country and gives us a screenshot to use as a receipt.

The people that have been following my posts will know that I mailed in my 90 day report and have not received an updated receipt in return. Yesterday after almost 3 weeks decided to visit the old immigration office and try my luck for a receipt.

Walked in there at 1.20 pm. Went up to the desk and explained to a smiling lady my situation. She seemed very sympathetic and I handed over my paperwork and passport. Then she handed it over to another lady, then the second lady handed it over to a third lady and told me to follow her and she lead me to 2 girls sitting next to the old officer with the glasses, the man that never looks anyone in the eye, and I thought, OMG NOT HIM! Then in trepidation my heart began pounding. The 2 girls took my passport and paperwork while interrupting an old American they were serving. The old man who looked like the grim reaper was going to claim him at anytime soon gave me dagger looks. After checking my paperwork and passport again the 2 girls handed over my paperwork to the officer with glasses. He was very busy heaps of passports and paperwork being thrown at him from left, right and centre. Then he threw my passport and paperwork onto a table behind him and ignored it. Then after 5 minutes another girl came on to the scene that I noticed was very beautiful, a stunner in fact that made my heart pound even faster, and she grabbed my paperwork. She then proceeded to put my passport through some sort of scanner checking my paperwork a dozen times over, while checking my passport photo and eyeing me up with suspicion at the same time. While all this was going on I watched carefully what was happening with the old American man being a few inches behind him. He had also mailed in his 90 day report but had no clue how to fill in his paperwork. He kept rehanding over his paperwork to the girls and still could not get it right. The officer was becoming brassed off with him and I thought please don’t wind the officer up until I have my receipt. Then it dawned on me that it’s people like him that are throwing spanners into the works of the system and maybe why the 90 day mail in has been discontinued, selfish pigs that should use an agency instead of gumming up the works. In my mind out of anger I was thinking, hope he dies soon. Don’t really mean that, just how I felt at the time.

Then the beautiful young lady gave the officer an approving nod. Then another lady approached me and looked at my paperwork. She asked me to sign all my photocopied passport pages. I signed the photocopies and she handed me back my paperwork, so why she asked me to sign them I have no idea. Then the officer with a disgruntled look on his face said I should not have mailed in my 90 day report. I responded with words something like, forgive me my lord for I have sinned. Then he issued an up to date receipt and stapled it into my passport. The whole process took 20 minutes.

ZAPPO, FINISHED – MAIL IN 90 DAY REPORTING HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

The people that have been following my posts will know that I mailed in my 90 day report and have not received an updated receipt in return. Yesterday after almost 3 weeks decided to visit the old immigration office and try my luck for a receipt.

Walked in there at 1.20 pm. Went up to the desk and explained to a smiling lady my situation. She seemed very sympathetic and I handed over my paperwork and passport. Then she handed it over to another lady, then the second lady handed it over to a third lady and told me to follow her and she lead me to 2 girls sitting next to the old officer with the glasses, the man that never looks anyone in the eye, and I thought, OMG NOT HIM! Then in trepidation my heart began pounding. The 2 girls took my passport and paperwork while interrupting an old American they were serving. The old man who looked like the grim reaper was going to claim him at anytime soon gave me dagger looks. After checking my paperwork and passport again the 2 girls handed over my paperwork to the officer with glasses. He was very busy heaps of passports and paperwork being thrown at him from left, right and centre. Then he threw my passport and paperwork onto a table behind him and ignored it. Then after 5 minutes another girl came on to the scene that I noticed was very beautiful, a stunner in fact that made my heart pound even faster, and she grabbed my paperwork. She then proceeded to put my passport through some sort of scanner checking my paperwork a dozen times over, while checking my passport photo and eyeing me up with suspicion at the same time. While all this was going on I watched carefully what was happening with the old American man being a few inches behind him. He had also mailed in his 90 day report but had no clue how to fill in his paperwork. He kept rehanding over his paperwork to the girls and still could not get it right. The officer was becoming brassed off with him and I thought please don’t wind the officer up until I have my receipt. Then it dawned on me that it’s people like him that are throwing spanners into the works of the system and maybe why the 90 day mail in has been discontinued, selfish pigs that should use an agency instead of gumming up the works. In my mind out of anger I was thinking, hope he dies soon. Don’t really mean that, just how I felt at the time.

Then the beautiful young lady gave the officer an approving nod. Then another lady approached me and looked at my paperwork. She asked me to sign all my photocopied passport pages. I signed the photocopies and she handed me back my paperwork, so why she asked me to sign them I have no idea. Then the officer with a disgruntled look on his face said I should not have mailed in my 90 day report. I responded with words something like, forgive me my lord for I have sinned. Then he issued an up to date receipt and stapled it into my passport. The whole process took 20 minutes.

ZAPPO, FINISHED – MAIL IN 90 DAY REPORTING HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

1. 90 day mail in HAS NOT been discontinued- there has been, to the best of my knowledge, any official announcement; only various conflicting posts from individual experiences.

2. Signing the copies of passport pages, etc has always been the process- whether 90 days, extensions of stay, etc.

3. As I posted earlier this week, I went to the AP IMM office to followup my mail in paperwork- I had to only provide my passport; it was scanned; then the slip was signed by the IO- he was friendly & polite and I was in and out in 5 minutes. He did not say that mail-ins were no longer allowed....

Archived