Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did my 90 day today all told took me 15 minutes number 69 at 10:35 and out of there in 15 minutes.

Not sure about the girls out front. The lady right behind me was told she had to go to the airport. the girls out front had given her a queue number.

One other thing that may or may not have changed. I had signed my report before I went in and she had me sign it in front of her. I had always thought that was the correct way and they always gave me the feeling it didn't matter so thuis was the first time I signed it before I went in and sure enough I had to sign it below the other one.

I notices as I was leaving the queue card number 12 laying on the desk for the yearly extensions.

Has any one heard an update as to the conversation the conciliates and the immigration here in Chiang Mai were having. It was reported at the Ex Oat Pat club business meeting that there had been discussion with bringing the on line appointment back only having an out side company set it up. I spoke briefly with the British representative on that council and he said no it would not be that useless only ten appointments a day one. It would be 30 a day. Of course this is in the talking stage. Out side money would be appreciated as the Promenada has offered to donate 200,000 baht towards helping out there.

He confirmed that the money came from Bangkok and they were not releasing enough money. He mentioned that several of the staff have to buy there own supplies. Another poster said that was nothing a little ink and pens and papers. I wonder if he would feel that way if he got up to have his visa renewed and they had no ink to stamp it.

Several times I have asked the staff in a nice way if they thought Bangkok would send them help. I just got a smile and no answer.

Went and did my 90 days today. Everyone seeking a retirement visa got a number.

I arrived at 6.50am done by 9am then did a re-entry permit, that only took 15 mins from the time I got my number till the time I was called.

Seems a waste of time to me to arrive at 0 dark thirty for a re-entry visa when you can check in at 9 and be done in 15 minutes.

An altogether pleasant experience at Immigration for me today, and I still won't pay those visa agents a penny...ever!!!!

think a bit of porkys,with nj post,69 cards issued for 90 day reports,and finished in over a hour,one a minute now I know they have improved but that's exceptional,dont see how you can spot queue card for extensions, As its in the far corner and I agree staff should bring there own stationary,keeps the cost for our visas low.

think a bit of porkys,with nj post,69 cards issued for 90 day reports,and finished in over a hour,one a minute now I know they have improved but that's exceptional,dont see how you can spot queue card for extensions, As its in the far corner and I agree staff should bring there own stationary,keeps the cost for our visas low.

I agree

When i was doing my 90 day in December i was no 25

i was there for over 1 hour before i was called

And thats No Bull

So Work That One Out

Plus Every Day is Different Tomorrow Will Be Different

i wonder if it has to do with when people actually arrive here

Maybe people do not arrive in the Peak Season

Maybe some of the people who have arrived like me in September and afterwards will have a different experience at immigration as to people arriving in January or February

I agree

When i was doing my 90 day in December i was no 25

i was there for over 1 hour before i was called

And thats No Bull

So Work That One Out

Plus Every Day is Different Tomorrow Will Be Different

i wonder if it has to do with when people actually arrive here

Maybe people do not arrive in the Peak Season

Maybe some of the people who have arrived like me in September and afterwards will have a different experience at immigration as to people arriving in January or February

I think NJ's report is credible. He says he was No. 69 for the 90-day reports and was done by 10:50 am. They have the capacity to do 180 per day, or 90 by lunchtime, so that part checks out. What is odd is that the early morning queue wasn't long for 90 day reports, but admittedly on-line reporting is working better now.

Also credible is his report of the queue number being processed at the retirement extension desk. They collect the queue cards on a spindle at the front of the desk. That's handy if you're waiting for your queue number to be called -- you can see which one is being processed.

A friend went today for his retirement visa extension. He arrived at 6 am, was about No. 17 in the queue, but got Queue ticket no. 15 because a couple people didn't have the correct documents and weren't given queue tickets. He said that if someone had arrived at 8:30 am when they started to hand out queue tickets, they would have been ok -- only about 24-25 people in the queue and they're distributing 30 tickets these days.

He was seen before lunch and told to come back in the afternoon to pick up his passport.

I didn't ask him about the TM28/TM30 situation, but he rents in a condo building where he's lived for a long time and travels frequently, so I think that's probably under control, with a TM30 on file for him.

He did say that the queue for 90 day reports was quite long, but he doesn't know if everyone received a queue card or if anyone was turned away.

A friend went today for his retirement visa extension. He arrived at 6 am, was about No. 17 in the queue, but got Queue ticket no. 15 because a couple people didn't have the correct documents and weren't given queue tickets. He said that if someone had arrived at 8:30 am when they started to hand out queue tickets, they would have been ok -- only about 24-25 people in the queue and they're distributing 30 tickets these days.

He was seen before lunch and told to come back in the afternoon to pick up his passport.

I didn't ask him about the TM28/TM30 situation, but he rents in a condo building where he's lived for a long time and travels frequently, so I think that's probably under control, with a TM30 on file for him.

He did say that the queue for 90 day reports was quite long, but he doesn't know if everyone received a queue card or if anyone was turned away.

Thanks for the detailed report NancyL

As i have said many times

I believe it is at the end of the year when most people come to live in Thailand We all seem to come at the same time

So when we do our extensions there is always a line up

SO maybe anyone wanting to come live in Chiang Mai on a O A Visa

To come early in the year

When they do there Extensions there may not be a long line up

Plus as previously stated by numerous posters

if you come after a long weekend there will be long Ques

Well this did not apply to this visa Extension

So it is just pot luck what day and how many people turn up

It just like Russian Roulette

at this particular day (today) the zoo.s service sounds finebiggrin.png

BUT

a friend of mine.last week experienced the opposite

his reason for missing out(told to me). was that visa agents and aliens took the available slots available.before he arrived at .7.30.am

. BEFORE the latest drill (where most v/ agents had a cough) they were out of the way,smile.png now they are in the rank and filesad.png

my v/agent is very happy at the new drill ,( to get rid of that cough) and pay her staff accordingly, in leiu of that cough ,and do her gig without u know what being involved

a nice evening to allsmile.png

Thanks for the detailed report NancyL

As i have said many times

I believe it is at the end of the year when most people come to live in Thailand We all seem to come at the same time

So when we do our extensions there is always a line up

SO maybe anyone wanting to come live in Chiang Mai on a O A Visa

To come early in the year

When they do there Extensions there may not be a long line up

Plus as previously stated by numerous posters

if you come after a long weekend there will be long Ques

Well this did not apply to this visa Extension

So it is just pot luck what day and how many people turn up

It just like Russian Roulette

I believe you are correct. People that get their retirement in the month of December give and take seem to have the longest line ups.

Today (Tuesday) they were turning people away in the afternoon for 90 day reports.

That is to be expected a day after a holiday. Mine was due tomorrow so I went in last Thursday as I said it was only a 15 Minute trip.

BUT

his reason for missing out(told to me). was that visa agents and aliens took the available slots available.before he arrived at .7.30.am

. BEFORE the latest drill (where most v/ agents had a cough) they were out of the way,smile.png now they are in the rank and filesad.png

my v/agent is very happy at the new drill ,( to get rid of that cough) and pay her staff accordingly, in leiu of that cough ,and do her gig without u know what being involved

It's so good that there are visa agents to assist those who can't speak English or Thai, since those seem to be the two languages recognized at CM Immigration.

BUT

Huh?!

Which makes the 3000 baht fee for the retirement visa seem a tad expensive, especially if all the paperwork is in order.

Does this 3000 baht fee include the cost of the extension?

The 3,000 baht fee at G4T is for the permission to stay another 365 days. It does not include the 90 day reports. I do not know if they give you a break on the cost of them if you extend with them.

I believe the other two major agents do.

I can not confirm that for both off them but Thai Assist does from what I have heard. They charge 1,500 baht for 4 of the 90 days and 1,000 baht if you use them to extend. Plus I have been told you can forget about it they will alert you when it is due.

I am trying to learn different options for visas and extensions...

I found Assist Thai Visa Services on Google Maps, seemingly located on ChiangMaiLand between ChangKlan and Mahidol 11/41. I guess that is "Thai Assist"?

Can anyone provide info on the entity known as G4T?

I went to Promenada immigration yesterday to extend my curmudgeon visa.
I gathered all my paperwork at home; double-checked that I was not leaving out something, and hopped on the bike. When I arrived at the mall, I took the bike into the same place I always park. It was a little eerie since there were no cars or bikes, and only after I motored in quite a ways did I see a small cluster of bikes. I parked there.
Of course the glass doors were locked and I had to walk around the…promenade and found myself at the back of the line for old fogies. People line up the stools intended for the restaurant tables and use them as place-holders in line. I put my bag down and counted the seats to the front. It appeared that I was number 26. I wasn’t sure that was going to be good enough, but I had come with my wallet stuffed with cash in case I had to bail and go with the G4T agency.
I had arrived in line at exactly 6:50am.
The 90-day reporting line swelled after I arrived, in part because of the bevy of Chinese students who are in Thailand to study the language. I chatted with some, and I am not sure what use Thai would be in Yunan, but there they were.
That line stretched out of the back of the breezeway and far out onto the grass. I don’t know how many numbers.
It’s a shame that immigration can’t be bothered, or are too stubborn to actually update their website. The woman in line behind me had the list printed from the site in which it listed what you needed to provide to immigration, including a medical certificate and a document showing no criminal record. She also had a rental agreement for her apartment, which someone had told her she needed. There were various other rumors floating about I happened to earwig. How many numbers they gave out, that you could still do retirement at the airport immigration, “medical cases” were taking up valuable retirement numbers, how immigration “changes their requirements” every year, etc.
One thing that is worth noting is that all agents, including G4T, can only stand in line for one person, unlike the prior situation at the airport office where an agent would come in with two fistfuls of Burmese passports. However, there still exists a degree of unfairness; the man in front of me was extending his own retirement visa, but also was doing something with the passports of his wife and their four kids (his own kids, not acquired by a Thai woman). They did not have to be in line, but he said they were on “standby” to come later if need be. I don’t know what that was all about, but I didn’t press him on the issue – he was some Christian mainliner and wasn’t very friendly after we chatted earlier and I dropped the F-Bomb as an adjective. He had a friend there in the 90-day line, (“friend” meaning they had just met but because they both were sucking off the same teat, they were instantly “in” with each other). The “friend” spent most of the time reading the Bible, rather conspicuously I might add. “Look everyone! I’m reading the Bible, and there’s hardly any light!” (no pun intended). I instantly regretted not bringing my hardback copy of the Noble Koran and how that would have gone down if I had left that as a place-holder on my stool next to his. . . .
A man about three places in front of me had prepared, and I’m not making this up, his passport and a blank retirement extension form, that was all. I couldn’t help but wonder what he thought was going to happen when they called his number. Did he think one of the nice, helpful immigration fairies would flutter over and wave his magic wand and all his documents would marvelously appear, signed, sealed and delivered (with a medium blue background too)?
Anyway, people started standing up and so I stood up too, then looked up at the head of the line and saw that nothing was happening so the sheep sat down again. Finally, we all stood up and the line was really slow; they were checking documents before giving out numbers. The woman behind me was fidgeting and nervous then mentioned that she’d forgotten to bring her pension statement from the US Consulate (cue Thai slide whistle sound effect, canned laughter).
As we were getting closer, the guy in front was saying that the number lady only had a few cards left in her hand. He said, “I see number 27,” which almost momentarily made me feel good – until the man in front of me got his number card (No. 30) and the lady gazed at me with that quasi-blank, “I think I’ll have a cookie now” look and said, “All full! No more numbers today!”
The first thing I thought was, “OF COURSE YOU’RE FULL,” but the only thing that spat out of my mouth was, “YOU GOTTA BE SHITTING ME!” Another cookie smile.
So I turned around and announced to the crowd, “That’s it; no more numbers!” to a mixture of confused looks and consternation. I’m sure the Jesus-man ahead of me was fully aware that it was in fact Jesus that had allowed him to pass and the F-Bomb heathen (that’s me) to be cast out of the flock.
So I turned on my heels and walked straight into the waiting arms of Our G4T the Redeemer, who received me with warmth and tenderness.
I asked a very pregnant lady with those totally black contact lenses that make you look either like an insect or a zombie if I could get my extension done with them today. She looked through my papers and everything was good. Obviously I didn’t have an appointment with G4T, but they took me right away. More on this presently.
So I coughed up three large for the privilege of allowing them to do my extension and another 500 for the multiple re-entry permit. I was instructed to wait for them to call me, “at about 2pm” (It was a bit after 8:30am then) to come back.
So I walked over to the Rimping “Le Bistro” or something like that, and ordered their eggs Florentine because I remember someone posting that it was worth eating (and because I don’t ever recall eating that before, most likely because I have never been to Florentine).
It was tasty but nothing I would go back and order again. The single egg was either from a dwarf chicken or a big pigeon. I made a rough calculation and came up with:
1 small egg: 3 baht
1 tablespoon spinach: 2 baht
1 small puffy round piece of bread: 3 baht
1 tablespoon Hollandaise sauce: 2 baht
2 tablespoons lettuce with ½ teaspoon vinaigrette: 2 baht
Total food cost: 12 baht
The menu price is 85 baht but actually you will be paying 93.50 baht. I am aware there are overhead costs – rent, salaries, electricity, etc. but …well, it makes you think.
So I started to walk out to my motorbike and passed the entrance where I had driven in (and the exit I thought I would be taking out). Across both were thick ropes that had been put up since I had parked. They were hard to see and once inside the parking garage I looked back and could barely seem them as they were pale concrete colored. If I had not walked by them (and paid attention) I would certainly have driven right into them. If I had driven my scooter I would probably have garroted myself; as it was I had taken the chopper – who knows what would have happened there.
So I found a way out (looked like for employees) and went home.
At around 2pm I had not gotten a call so I drove back and walked into the G4T office and said, “How’s it goin’?” A skinny, pimply guy who had been fielding questions at the desk outside of immigration earlier in the morning repeated to himself, “How’s it goin’?” while getting my stuff.
I needed to sign some extra copies of my passport (you need an extra set of copies for your re-entry permit in addition to the ones for the extension), recite at least one key verse from the Koran and dance an Irish jig while juggling two eggs and an apple. Well, not that last part.
The young lad escorted me into the CHAMBER OF RUBBER STAMPERS and right up to the retirement desk. Photo taken (glasses off, for some reason). Then off to the re-entry desk where some Japanese gentleman was talking to the Pol. Sub. Lt. about golf in pretty decent Thai. There were some old clubs by the wall tied together with an old Tesco bag.
The cherubim-looking fellow next to Pol. Sub. Lt. (if you’ve been there, you know who I mean) processed my papers while Pol. Sub. Lt. questioned me about golf. I looked at the clubs that someone had given him that day and told him they were a bit on the old side; several irons, a putter and a driver. He said he was a beginner and I said, jokingly, that I could give him lessons. Pol. Sub. Lt. asked where one could find a driving range, I suggested Gymkhana. Suddenly he was telling me that I would be giving him golf lessons (he’s now taking photos of my re-entry form with my phone number and his handwritten “Golf” next to it) as if it’s a done deal. He is Pol. Sub. Lt. and I take his name card and then tell him I will charge him for lessons. Without missing a beat he smiles and says, “How much?” To which I reply, “I haven’t thought about it,” but I am actually thinking, “How about 3,000 baht plus a 500 baht tip?”
So I went back with the lad to the G4T office to retrieve my bank books and asked him why he was helping out at the immigration outside desk if his agency had nothing to do with immigration. His mouth moved as if actual words were coming out instead of the string of random syllables of nonsense he was spouting. It mumbled something like, “Weo wa see uh, oh duh ei, uh hu….”
I then asked him what “G” stood for. “That’s the name of my boss who owns the shop,” he said.
“So he’s connected with immigration, right?”
“Oh, no, no.”
“A friend of someone in immigration?”
“Oh, no, no.”
So, inside I talked to the black-eyed woman and she said the same thing, although as I tried to push passed the “press release” replies, her formerly good English ability suddenly took a rather abrupt nosedive. I felt like either they were telling the truth or had told me as much truth as they were willing to tell.
She also told me that they will have someone stand in line for each “appointment” someone has made for them (regarding retirement) and I was able to get served on that day because “someone had canceled,” and if that person had not canceled, I would have had to come back the following day. It could have been true, I can’t say.
Outside G4T I see Mr. No. 30 and his brood. There are actually only two teenage kids and a wife, not sure what happened to the other two children of the corn. He said he arrived in line about 10 minutes before I did. God’s will, I guess. It was about 2:45pm and he still did not have his extension. I left.
Overall, I got a real sense that immigration as a whole does not see the current situation as problematic. Yes, there are lots of people, and some do not make it on that day. The early old bird gets the worm; that’s how it is and how it’s always been. I think they would say, “We are doing a little better now. It is what it is.“
It does seem, however, that at any random time, you look around and there does not seem to be much activity. Maybe they are using some Zen document checking and stamping technique, I’m not sure.
One little tidbit of information I think a lot of retirees forget is that when you get your new, one-year extension, your 90-day requirement DOES NOT CHANGE. Apparently, a lot of people think, understandably so, that their ticker resets after the extension. It does not. I brought this up with Pol. Sub. Lt. and it took about four attempts to even get him to understand what I was driving at. A 25-watt bulb finally went off over his head and he smiled and knew that would benefit everyone. Alas, that’s not how things are done – thought exiting other ear, thank you.
Extra credit tip:
The woman in line behind me was given her extension that day even though she did not get a number and did not go through an agent.
How?
Highlight the invisible text below for the answer:
She had a bus ticket for that evening to Kanchanaburi. They said they would process her after all the others that day, about 3pm.
So if you want to keep an ace in the hole, hang on to any long distance bus ticket and act panicked and weepy if you miss getting a number; show the ticket but do not let them study it for dates. Pass go, collect 200 dollars….
So what are the requirements?
The same as in the thread “Documents Required…” which have not changed for me for the past three years in Chiang Mai:
1. Application form (TM7 printed double sided) (I just downloaded the form from their website and typed in the information.)
2. 4x6 cm photograph with medium blue background
3. Copy of the applicant's passport (Front page, first visa and re-entry permit, current visa extension and re-entry permit, and the previous year’s visa extension and re-entry permit. You also need all of this for a re-entry permit too.)
4. Proof of income, e.g., retirement pension, interest earnings or dividends, etc.; and/or
5. Certificate of local bank account deposit together with copies of bank account records (Bank statement and bank book(s). I used two fixed term accounts of 800,000 baht, which was shown in two consecutive bank books. They did NOT want to see any additional accounts for “living expenses” or anything like that.)

Thank you for an enjoyable and informative read.

They really should rename it the Curmudgeon Visa, in your honor.

I will pray for your atheistic soul.

Which makes the 3000 baht fee for the retirement visa seem a tad expensive, especially if all the paperwork is in order.

Does this 3000 baht fee include the cost of the extension?

The 3,000 baht fee at G4T is for the permission to stay another 365 days. It does not include the 90 day reports. I do not know if they give you a break on the cost of them if you extend with them.

I can not confirm that for both off them but Thai Assist does from what I have heard. They charge 1,500 baht for 4 of the 90 days and 1,000 baht if you use them to extend. Plus I have been told you can forget about it they will alert you when it is due.

I found Assist Thai Visa Services on Google Maps, seemingly located on ChiangMaiLand between ChangKlan and Mahidol 11/41. I guess that is "Thai Assist"?

G4T is located a couple of doors down from the immigration at Promenada. They charge 3,000 baht to get you a 365 day extension and I believe 300 baht to do your 90 day report. Visa wise I think that is all they do. Thai Assist located on Chiang Mai Land road does all the various Visa connected things.

If you have a retirement Visa it must be extended every 365 days. Getting a retirement Visa is another story. My self I would approach Thai Assist for that. If you already have one you must report every 90 days. You are allowed to report 15 days early. It has always been 7 days late. I heard a rumor they were going to take that away.

There are a couple of threads on this forum about doing the 90 day. Most of them are complaints.

G4T is located a couple of doors down from the immigration at Promenada. They charge 3,000 baht to get you a 365 day extension and I believe 300 baht to do your 90 day report. Visa wise I think that is all they do. Thai Assist located on Chiang Mai Land road does all the various Visa connected things.

If you have a retirement Visa it must be extended every 365 days. Getting a retirement Visa is another story. My self I would approach Thai Assist for that. If you already have one you must report every 90 days. You are allowed to report 15 days early. It has always been 7 days late. I heard a rumor they were going to take that away.

There are a couple of threads on this forum about doing the 90 day. Most of them are complaints.

I really appreciate the clear summary.

I am on a triple entry tourist visa now, will probably try to remain on a marriage visa when this runs out. (dont have the cash for retirement visa, but I do have the lady...)

So I will drop by Thai Assist and see what they can do for me. Thanks!

I have an incorrect date stamp for re-entry (on a 3 entry tourist visa) from my last border run (via Mae Sai to Burma). I need to get this corrected. (They put 2015 instead of 2016 in one place, got it right the other place)

To do so should I go to Promenada Mall where I did my previous 30 day extension, or to this Old Office that people are referring to - and if so where is it? Somewhere near the Airport? Or "across the highway" from Promenada or somewhere?

I have an incorrect date stamp for re-entry (on a 3 entry tourist visa) from my last border run (via Mae Sai to Burma). I need to get this corrected. (They put 2015 instead of 2016 in one place, got it right the other place)

To do so should I go to Promenada Mall where I did my previous 30 day extension, or to this Old Office that people are referring to - and if so where is it? Somewhere near the Airport? Or "across the highway" from Promenada or somewhere?

When I came here the second time I had a 60 day triple entry. The first renewal I did in Mae Sai. when I got back to Chiang Mai I happened to notice that they had only given me 30 days. I went to immigration which was at the airport and they told me I would have to go back to Mae Sai to correct it. I did and they fixed it promptly.

In your earlier post you say you had seat number 26 yet they had given out 30 queue numbers when you got up to get yours. So much for 1 queue number per person when an agent is involved.

Went to Promenada Immigration this morning for a 365 day extension of stay for retirement :

- Arrived at 6.30am and was 6th in the queue

- By 7.30 - 8.00am the queue had grown only to 10

- Was handed queue number card at 8.30am after the IMO lady had checked the documents

- The processing of at least 2 people was slow due to them having incomplete copies of the various passport pages

- My turn was at 10.20am and was completed by 10.30am

- Was requested to return at 2.00pm for the passport ( was informed that all the passports in the morning have to go to the airport office for finalization)

- Turned up at 2.15 pm and they started calling out the names by 2.30pm

Observations:

- Pot luck / time of year having only 10 retirement extension applicants before I left in the morning at 10.30am. Remarkable really, considering the situation only a few weeks ago as reported in this thread

- There were many tourist extensions in the morning and also in the afternoon

- The 90 day reports were also numerous - probably 30-50 whilst I was there in the morning - certainly 30 queuing before 8.00am

- They were still open for fresh 90 days applicants at 2.30 pm

- Only 1 agent was in the queue ( number 7 ) for 1 extension only - don't know if more came later

- Re - Entry Permit applicants were few in number and they were still open for fresh applicants in the afternoon

Off Topic :

I also tried the Rim Ping for breakfast ( they serve it until 11.00am ) - brilliant " English Breakfast" at Baht 210 inclusive.

Just to add regarding documents:

I handed over a copy of my TM28 receipt of notification of address ( filed by my landlord after a recent visit outside of Thailand) which the officer returned without looking at the details and saying " not needed " when I queried this

He also handed back copies of the bank book pages ( I provided copies of last 12 months ) except for the last 3 months - again he stated these were not needed

They did not even ask for my lease contract copy, unlike previous years

This was today's experience but as others have often pointed out, this can vary between officers and thus I believe it is best to go prepared

Thank yo for the detailed report

Yes I agree that it depends on the time of the year for extension and 90 day reporting

Plus maybe Immigration are getting there act together

I still can not understand why passports have to go to the Old Immigration office

The officer in charge should be working from the Promenade Immigration Office

Sorry to say bad management

Thank yo for the detailed report

Yes I agree that it depends on the time of the year for extension and 90 day reporting

Plus maybe Immigration are getting there act together

I still can not understand why passports have to go to the Old Immigration office

The officer in charge should be working from the Promenade Immigration Office

Sorry to say bad management

Worth comparing signatures in your passport, in the final sign off.I have done 7 extensions not one signature matches any other.

Which leads me to the obvious conclusion

Went to Promenada Immigration this morning for a 365 day extension of stay for retirement :

- Arrived at 6.30am and was 6th in the queue

- By 7.30 - 8.00am the queue had grown only to 10

- Was handed queue number card at 8.30am after the IMO lady had checked the documents

- The processing of at least 2 people was slow due to them having incomplete copies of the various passport pages

- My turn was at 10.20am and was completed by 10.30am

- Was requested to return at 2.00pm for the passport ( was informed that all the passports in the morning have to go to the airport office for finalization)

- Turned up at 2.15 pm and they started calling out the names by 2.30pm

Observations:

- Pot luck / time of year having only 10 retirement extension applicants before I left in the morning at 10.30am. Remarkable really, considering the situation only a few weeks ago as reported in this thread

- There were many tourist extensions in the morning and also in the afternoon

- The 90 day reports were also numerous - probably 30-50 whilst I was there in the morning - certainly 30 queuing before 8.00am

- They were still open for fresh 90 days applicants at 2.30 pm

- Only 1 agent was in the queue ( number 7 ) for 1 extension only - don't know if more came later

- Re - Entry Permit applicants were few in number and they were still open for fresh applicants in the afternoon

Off Topic :

I also tried the Rim Ping for breakfast ( they serve it until 11.00am ) - brilliant " English Breakfast" at Baht 210 inclusive.

Great report.

It once again points out the inability of the of the girls out front who are supposed to check the forms. It would be a great help if they could clue them in a little bit better. Not sure but I think they are students in a position they should not be in. It requires a great deal of knowledge to know what is required on all the applications.

I wonder if they would make it impossible to down load the forms with out the needed instructions attached to them. Or attach them to the forms people pick up at the office.

Hello TV'ers.

Did my 90 day extension yesterday at Promenada.

Should've been a painless exercise except for a minor hitch at the Airport Immigration branch. Skip the next portion if you already had your quota of Thai related rants filled today.

===== minor rant =======

Small little detail: I initial tried to apply for an extension by marriage last August. Wasn't able to because my bank account was a joint acc. with my wife. But they were nice enough to offer a three month extension. So I returned in December and got the full extension. Yay.

So I went to Airport branch yesterday to do the report. Heard it was fastest option. No queue. Really, there wasn't a queue for those reporting in. Nice university girls helped me filled out my form and I handed them to the officer who then looked at his PC and informed me that I'm overdue. What about that little piece of paper stuck in my passport that states "report due 12 March"? I'm early, in fact. No dice. "Computer say you late". He then justified it by saying my 90 day count started with that 3 month extension I got. How come and what about, again, that note in my passport that states "12 March 2016". He wasn't budging. Well, not for 2,000 Baht. Ok, arguing would be futile.

An agent then took me aside and said she could fix everything for a fee of 300. I wasn't keen and besides, I had the day off yesterday thankfully. She then said I could give Promenada a go, so I did.

===== End of rant =======

Got there at about half past 11. Got a number and was told that it would be better I went for lunch first. I did. After lunch it took all off 20 minutes before I was out of there. Not a word said about whether I was late or not.

So.... kudos, I guess? Pleasant experience.

An agent then took me aside and said she could fix everything for a fee of 300. I wasn't keen and besides, I had the day off yesterday thankfully. She then said I could give Promenada a go, so I did.

This angers and terrifies me in equal measure.

This angers and terrifies me in equal measure.

It also makes me wonder why they even talked to them. Why did they not just look at it and tell them right away to go to Promenada?

It was my understanding that they do not do 90 day there.

Archived