Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

Extension of Retirement Visa:

Arrived at Promenada this morning at 09.15hrs (late, I know....) and advised that all queue numbers for the day had already been allocated. Will return tomorrow much earlier.

Re-entry:

Also need a multiple re-entry stamp. Are queue tickets for this issued after lunch?

Thanks in advance.[/quote

Re the retirement visa. No you weren't late. Another example of dysfunctional system that is hit and miss.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, for reasons I don't understand, in Chiang Mia you can't get your re-entry stamp on the same day as the extension now. Makes absolutely no sense at all, but you have to go back the next day. Not sure about how long the queue is.

We travel a lot, so we get a re-entry stamp. Unless you are going to be leaving Thailand 5 or more times during the year, it would be a waste of money. 3,800 baht for a re-entry stamp, 1,000 baht at the airport immigration area (passport control) BEFORE YOU LEAVE for a single re-entry stamp.

As they are so fond of saying here, up to you.

Also, for reasons I don't understand, in Chiang Mia you can't get your re-entry stamp on the same day as the extension now. Makes absolutely no sense at all, but you have to go back the next day. Not sure about how long the queue is.

We travel a lot, so we get a re-entry stamp. Unless you are going to be leaving Thailand 5 or more times during the year, it would be a waste of money. 3,800 baht for a re-entry stamp, 1,000 baht at the airport immigration area (passport control) BEFORE YOU LEAVE for a single re-entry stamp.

If you leave four times (or more) you'll save by getting the multiple re-entry permit. Also, and I may be misinterpreting your post, but you can also obtain the multiple re-entry permit in the airport Immigration area prior to departing on your flight.

You're right, I was rounding off, 4 times and you lose only 200 baht which is basically your taxi fare. 5 times and you're up to 1,200 baht then another 1,000 for every other re-entry.

I thought that multiple re-entry stamps were only available at immigration. I could be wrong, things may have changed, or perhaps it could be only Chiang Mai where you can't get a multi re-entry??????

Can anyone clarify? It would make life a lot easier for us (and a lot of other people).

You're right, I was rounding off, 4 times and you lose only 200 baht which is basically your taxi fare. 5 times and you're up to 1,200 baht then another 1,000 for every other re-entry.

I thought that multiple re-entry stamps were only available at immigration. I could be wrong, things may have changed, or perhaps it could be only Chiang Mai where you can't get a multi re-entry??????

Can anyone clarify? It would make life a lot easier for us (and a lot of other people).

I have personally obtained a multiple re-entry permit at the Chiang Mai airport prior to an international flight. This was about a year ago.

Re-entry permit is available same-day at either I/O. May depend on time of day and queue.

Single or Multiple re-entry is available at all international departure airports. Ensure you have photos on hand except for Suvarnabhumi where they take a digital photo and complete the paperwork for an extra 200Bt.

Re-entry permit is available same-day at either I/O. May depend on time of day and queue.

Single or Multiple re-entry is available at all international departure airports. Ensure you have photos on hand except for Suvarnabhumi where they take a digital photo and complete the paperwork for an extra 200Bt.

It depends on the time of day when they return your passport at the Imm. office. Often it isn't returned until late at Imm. Prom, after you've arrived early to get a queue number and are interviewed in the early afternoon. The people interviewed in the morning have their passports returned around 1:30 pm (generally) so they can get a re-entry permit, but not the ones who are interviewed in the afternoon. That's because the passports/applications are usually taken over to the other Imm. office near the airport for approval by a higher level supervisor. Normally there isn't a higher level supervisor on-site at Prom. and the retirees interviewed in the afternoon, even the early afternoon don't receive their passports until 4:30 pm (or later) and are told they have to return the next day to get a re-entry permit.

It depends on the time of day when they return your passport at the Imm. office. Often it isn't returned until late at Imm. Prom, after you've arrived early to get a queue number and are interviewed in the early afternoon. The people interviewed in the morning have their passports returned around 1:30 pm (generally) so they can get a re-entry permit, but not the ones who are interviewed in the afternoon. That's because the passports/applications are usually taken over to the other Imm. office near the airport for approval by a higher level supervisor. Normally there isn't a higher level supervisor on-site at Prom. and the retirees interviewed in the afternoon, even the early afternoon don't receive their passports until 4:30 pm (or later) and are told they have to return the next day to get a re-entry permit.

Does not seem to be any improvement at all, bit of a disgrace?

Online visa appt booking seems to have disappeared up it's own website!

The only upside is that 90 day postal and online seems to work OK now.

Yesterday, did the annual extension routine via the agent near the office of Promenada Immigration. I had a scheduled appointment at 10:30, spent maybe 4-5 minutes providing the paperwork, and then wandered the mall, had lunch, and ultimately got my passport back at 1:40PM (following the quickie digital photo routine). Rather easy and pleasant process. Although I realize some don't want to use an agent, I don't mind paying the fee (3,000 baht) once a year to avoid having to get there at 6 or 7AM hoping to snag a queue number.

While I was dropped off at the mall by a friend, I took the freebie Promenada Shuttle back (or at least to the Amora Hotel stop where I grabbed a regular baht bus). For those who want to use the shuttle, you have to go to the information desk on the main floor (somewhat immediately above the Immigration offices) for your ticket (it's free although I ultimately tipped the driver 20 baht anyway). A nice service.

For the agent, as mentioned, had an appointment in advance....called them two days ahead of time. I suggested the 10:30 time period (I was trying to see how late I could go and still get the passport back by 2PM)...but my guess is you could maybe get away with 11 or slightly thereafter (all the passports are apparently taken over to the old office for the big boss' signature sometime during the lunch hour - so they likely need at least 30-45 minutes to get somebody at Promenada Immigration to check the paperwork and stamp your passbook before the lunch break happens).

Re: Annual extension (retirement)

I'll keep this factual in accordance with the mods' wishes.

Yesterday at Promenada: my time-line

04.15hrs Arrive. 8 queue places already gone: 3 human beings + 5 seats taken by agents' 'deposits' (bags, folders left on the seats);

08.15hrs Ticket allocators appear. By now about 20 folks in the queue. 90 day queue extends outside the building

08.45hrs Ticket allocators begin work on our queue. I am allocated ticket 13

11.15hrs Processing desk closes, having dealt with ticket 12 application

13.30hrs I am processed; asked to return for passport collection at 17.00hrs

17.15hrs Receive passport, duly stamped. About five folks behind me (?tickets 14-c.18?) also receive theirs

Obviously too late to apply for multiple re-entry stamp.[Points above taken about the value (or not) of a multiple re-entry stamp; I make at least quarterly visits outside Thailand]

When I extended last year, passport returned as soon as the final stamp was inserted - no delay. This year passport and form placed in basket behind officer's desk; taken into room behind the screen pre-lunch and late-afternoon when desk processing sessions ceased.

I'll use an agent next year. For anyone interested, contact details of G4T (office to the left of Immigration) are:
<removed as per forum rules of no phone numbers and e-mail allowed in posts - Use PM for info>

There's another on-site agent associated with the Coffee Shop. Look for their processing counter facing into the Immigration offices.

Yang's report is exactly why I have no problem in using an agent....I'm just not going to get up that early or sit there for 8-13 hours. It's only once a year anyway.

I've also heard of the "other" agent out there by or associated with the coffee shop. I was told by a Thai guy last weekend that this outfit was only charging 500 baht (he actually mentioned 400 baht) for the annual extension (however, I have no idea if that's accurate or even if this outfit actually exists as I didn't ask or check when I was out there). If the information is anywhere near accurate, perhaps a price war is in the offing?

Re: Annual extension (retirement)

I'll keep this factual in accordance with the mods' wishes.

Yesterday at Promenada: my time-line

04.15hrs Arrive. 8 queue places already gone: 3 human beings + 5 seats taken by agents' 'deposits' (bags, folders left on the seats);

08.15hrs Ticket allocators appear. By now about 20 folks in the queue. 90 day queue extends outside the building

08.45hrs Ticket allocators begin work on our queue. I am allocated ticket 13

11.15hrs Processing desk closes, having dealt with ticket 12 application

13.30hrs I am processed; asked to return for passport collection at 17.00hrs

17.15hrs Receive passport, duly stamped. About five folks behind me (?tickets 14-c.18?) also receive theirs

Obviously too late to apply for multiple re-entry stamp.[Points above taken about the value (or not) of a multiple re-entry stamp; I make at least quarterly visits outside Thailand]

When I extended last year, passport returned as soon as the final stamp was inserted - no delay. This year passport and form placed in basket behind officer's desk; taken into room behind the screen pre-lunch and late-afternoon when desk processing sessions ceased.

I'll use an agent next year. For anyone interested, contact details of G4T (office to the left of Immigration) are:

<removed as per forum rules of no phone numbers and e-mail allowed in posts - Use PM for info>

There's another on-site agent associated with the Coffee Shop. Look for their processing counter facing into the Immigration offices.

You say

3 human beings + 5 seats taken by agents' 'deposits' (bags, folders left on the seats);

8 people ahead of you and you get queue number 13. Sounds like the agents represent more than one person. Thanks for the information. I to will use G4T

I thought that wasn't allowed, even for agents. One person, one ticket. They seemed to be enforcing that a little while ago, and even though yang123 was number 9 he got 13, which was really unlucky as they only processed 12 by lunchtime.

I've also heard of a few other people doing the extensions for 500 baht -2 definites because Mr K has spoken to people who have used them in the last couple of weeks. Not registered agents or anything, just Thai's who have taken the opportunity to make themselves a little money. No business can match Somchai and his 500 baht offer. They must just get the ticket and estimate the time the customer needs to be there. If someone associated with the coffee shop has spotted the opportunity to make a bit of money, it will be interesting to see how that one pans out once the owners of G4 find out about it.

This of course is even more bad news for the full service agents in town.

I thought that wasn't allowed, even for agents. One person, one ticket. They seemed to be enforcing that a little while ago, and even though yang123 was number 9 he got 13, which was really unlucky as they only processed 12 by lunchtime.

One of the agent squatters was there on behalf of a family.

Arrived this morning at about 8:20 for a retirement visa extention. Counted about 18 people ahead of me.

When I got my queue number, there were about 4 people behind me. I got number 12.

Was processed at about 11:15.

Told to come back to collect my passport at 2:30.

Not a bad day.

One of the agent squatters was there on behalf of a family.

In other words he had 4 clients.

Arrived this morning at about 8:20 for a retirement visa extention. Counted about 18 people ahead of me.

When I got my queue number, there were about 4 people behind me. I got number 12.

Was processed at about 11:15.

Told to come back to collect my passport at 2:30.

Not a bad day.

Some times you eat the bear and some times the bear eats you congratulations on your bear lunch. I think that happens more than we realize.

I went to Promenada yesterday and asked if what you wrote is the current process. They replied that one CAN obtain both the extension and re-entry at the same time/day. Were you specifically "rejected" when you tried to obtain both on the same day? Details pls

I went to Promenada yesterday and asked if what you wrote is the current process. They replied that one CAN obtain both the extension and re-entry at the same time/day. Were you specifically "rejected" when you tried to obtain both on the same day? Details pls

Couple of months ago, 4.15 arrival and passport picked up at 2pm, so in theory plenty of time, but they just said 'Can not'. Several others have reported the same thing earlier in this thread.

In the past (not in the last year as lately I've gotten my re-entry permits at the airport when I'm leaving), Immigration always refused to give me a queue number for a re-entry permit until after I had my passport back with the new extension (one needs a copy of that new extension to attach to your TM8 paperwork); regardless, I often was able to get my passport back, quickly make a copy of the new extension, and then snag a queue number for the re-entry permit and take care of that in short order. So one can probably do both in the same day....so long as you can get a queue number for the re-entry desk after you get your passport with completed extension back in reasonable time.

I dont know what its going to take to acknowledge the system is totally broken..

https://www.facebook.com/shayneinthailand/videos/10154154020397328/

11:45 at night and already 10 plus people queued up..

That is simply unacceptable for a compulsory system.

This does not make sense, he says he is at Airport Imm and Burmese in the q?

Queueing the day before ,something wrong here unless I'm missing something?

Anyway, surely the general would have fixed all the immigration problems during his visit last week?

Burmese gophers queuing on behalf of agents?

IMHO those who queue at a ridiculous hour are the ones to blame for perpetuating this madness. Immigration should not permit queuing, gates closed, until say 0600.

Friend did his 90 at Prom this morning, arrived at 6 am left at 9.30 am and said it was relatively quiet, not many people.

However, he will be mailing or trying online in future. Did my application online on Saturday, pending until Monday morning when I got confirmation at 7.55am, 2 in a row now. Er indoors online does not work yet but mail in did,for the third time. 1508623.GIF

my mate in Bangkok went for his ext of stay yesterday afternoon at 1400hrs,Said it was bedlam got queue ticket number 110,was seen at at 2030hrs and there was still people waiting to be done at that late hour.now that's what I call service.

I did my retirement extension a couple of weeks ago,first time at Promenada,and first time

without an appointment,(think we know the reason that was canned),anyway got there soon,

was 3 rd in queue,first was a Burmese sitter,paid to get there early and keep place for an agent.

second a Japanese gentleman,you don't have to sit on the stool in the queue,you can put a bag,

bottle of water,or if your German maybe a towel,so you can wander off, recline car seat and try

to have a nap.

The agent arrived at around 8,with client in tow to relieve the Burmese sitter,the coffee shop had

also reserved a couple of places for 90 day clients by placing old bags on first 2 stools,and later

couple young girls down the line keeping a place for some Japanese that arrived about 7.30,so

there seem to be money making opportunities to be made, resulting from the chaos there.

After 8 they started to hand tickets out ,first for 90 days and tourists,the retirement extensions

who had been there first were done last,into the office,first extension called 8.45,then the

Japanese guy,he need extra copies,and also talked the lady officer to do his 90 day report

for him,so it was about 9.30 before I was called,only took a few minutes,told to come back

at 2.00 to pick up passport.

Back to office 2.00,passport not back from the airport where they are sent for big boss to sign,

around 2.30 they arrived,collected passport,got re entry ticket, 15 mins later had the stamp and

on my way home, thankful this is only one a year,no way, I would use an agent,would never pay

anyone to do something I could easily do myself,Ok took a bit time,but met other people,and it

was not a hardship ,and saved 4K (4GS) or 7K agents,plus whatever they charge for re entry.

I cannot see things improving anytime soon,like I said there are money making opportunities

to be made from the chaos there.

regards Worgeordie

Archived