Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

I did my retirement extension a couple of weeks ago,first time at Promenada,and first time

without an appointment,(think we know the reason that was canned),anyway got there soon,

was 3 rd in queue,

what was your arrival time????

or

is it a embarrassment???

just wondering

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did my retirement extension a couple of weeks ago,first time at Promenada,and first time

without an appointment,(think we know the reason that was canned),anyway got there soon,

was 3 rd in queue,first was a Burmese sitter,paid to get there early and keep place for an agent.

second a Japanese gentleman,you don't have to sit on the stool in the queue,you can put a bag,

bottle of water,or if your German maybe a towel,so you can wander off, recline car seat and try

to have a nap.

The agent arrived at around 8,with client in tow to relieve the Burmese sitter,the coffee shop had

also reserved a couple of places for 90 day clients by placing old bags on first 2 stools,and later

couple young girls down the line keeping a place for some Japanese that arrived about 7.30,so

there seem to be money making opportunities to be made, resulting from the chaos there.

After 8 they started to hand tickets out ,first for 90 days and tourists,the retirement extensions

who had been there first were done last,into the office,first extension called 8.45,then the

Japanese guy,he need extra copies,and also talked the lady officer to do his 90 day report

for him,so it was about 9.30 before I was called,only took a few minutes,told to come back

at 2.00 to pick up passport.

Back to office 2.00,passport not back from the airport where they are sent for big boss to sign,

around 2.30 they arrived,collected passport,got re entry ticket, 15 mins later had the stamp and

on my way home, thankful this is only one a year,no way, I would use an agent,would never pay

anyone to do something I could easily do myself,Ok took a bit time,but met other people,and it

was not a hardship ,and saved 4K (4GS) or 7K agents,plus whatever they charge for re entry.

I cannot see things improving anytime soon,like I said there are money making opportunities

to be made from the chaos there.

regards Worgeordie

I did mine for the first time with an agent this year. I used the one there G4T 3,000 baht. Previously I have done it by myself and whole heartedly agree with you about meeting interesting people there. I also take a book to read. This year I just couldn't get myself up to going there early as I normally stay up late. Maybe next year I will do it personally rather than the agent. Mine is an extension for retirement. Retired means I have lots of time. I don't have to be any where if I do it is easy enough to schedule around it. After all you can come in 45 days early.

The one thing they can do is have the staff out front learn what is required so as the fellow in front of you would already of had the copies. I don't know for sure but I imagine the photocopier shop is open before immigration. Also I suppose if he had the paper work rite and she didn't have to go to another desk doing the 90 day would have been OK as it just takes a signature and a date. That is a grudging OK.

was 3 rd in queue,

what was your arrival time????

or

is it a embarrassment???

just wondering

Moi,embarrassed,no cobber, would be if I could not get my arse out of bed and get

the job done,got there at 3.45,as i rise most days at 5 ,no hardship,I will get plenty

of rest when i am dead, and it is only one day in a year.

Its just a choice,pay and use agent,or do it yourself,it should be a choice one

should not have to make.

regards Worgeordie

was 3 rd in queue,first was a Burmese sitter,paid to get there early and keep place for an agent.

second a Japanese gentleman,you don't have to sit on the stool in the queue,you can put a bag,

bottle of water,or if your German maybe a towel,so you can wander off, recline car seat and try

to have a nap.

The agent arrived at around 8,with client in tow to relieve the Burmese sitter,the coffee shop had

also reserved a couple of places for 90 day clients by placing old bags on first 2 stools,and later

couple young girls down the line keeping a place for some Japanese that arrived about 7.30,so

there seem to be money making opportunities to be made, resulting from the chaos there.

After 8 they started to hand tickets out ,first for 90 days and tourists,the retirement extensions

who had been there first were done last,into the office,first extension called 8.45,then the

Japanese guy,he need extra copies,and also talked the lady officer to do his 90 day report

for him,so it was about 9.30 before I was called,only took a few minutes,told to come back

Back to office 2.00,passport not back from the airport where they are sent for big boss to sign,

around 2.30 they arrived,collected passport,got re entry ticket, 15 mins later had the stamp and

on my way home, thankful this is only one a year,no way, I would use an agent,would never pay

anyone to do something I could easily do myself,Ok took a bit time,but met other people,and it

was not a hardship ,and saved 4K (4GS) or 7K agents,plus whatever they charge for re entry.

I cannot see things improving anytime soon,like I said there are money making opportunities

regards Worgeordie

Many thanks, good report. If you'd gotten yourself there at a more reasonable time, say, 8 am, would you still have gotten a queue ticket or did they run out and turn people away from the end of the queue?

to have a nap.

regards Worgeordie

Many thanks, good report. If you'd gotten yourself there at a more reasonable time, say, 8 am, would you still have gotten a queue ticket or did they run out and turn people away from the end of the queue?

8.00, i am sure would have been too late,but the lady officer seem to be finished processing people at about 2.30,

only 1 person on retirement extensions,3 on tourist visa,2 on re entry,obviously if they had another officer on retirement

extensions,a lot more could be achieved,but for reasons ,which cannot be discussed,they choose not to.

I went the day before just to check out what to do,as have never been there before, 9.15, the lady officer said all tickets

gone,BUT you could check out GT4 ?, they would be able to help...............yes at a price.

regards worgeordie

Thanks, WorG - and NorthernJ - all reports are very useful (for the rest of us dumb cattle at the rear of the herd). Agree, it shouldn't be necessary to "make a choice" - don't seem to hear of "choices" at other Immi Offices - or Q-ing up at ungodly hours .

Cheers smile.png

Time for me to return tomorrow to get a multiple re-entry permit.

Any recent experiences on optimum time to arrive and squat on a seat, queue length, processing time etc?

(The queue and desk didn't seem too busy when I was there getting retirement extension, but you never know.....)

Thanks in advance.

Time for me to return tomorrow to get a multiple re-entry permit.

Any recent experiences on optimum time to arrive and squat on a seat, queue length, processing time etc?

(The queue and desk didn't seem too busy when I was there getting retirement extension, but you never know.....)

Thanks in advance.

There was NO q for re entry permit when I went. Straight in.

Tomorrow though- who knows?

Multiple Re-entry (see post #217 above)

All done and dusted.

0745: Arrived at Promenada

0830: Allocated ticket No. 7

09.00: Processed and away.

Docs required:

* Completed TM8 form and photograph

* Signed photocopies of passport ID page and current retirement visa extension

Another HUGE Queue for 90-day reporting and some very disappointed folks turned away from the retirement visa extension queue.

All done and dusted.

Docs required:

Another HUGE Queue for 90-day reporting and some very disappointed folks turned away from the retirement visa extension queue.

Thanks for the report. Did you see how many queue tickets they distributed for the retirement extensions?

Thanks for the report. Did you see how many queue tickets they distributed for the retirement extensions?

Apologies - I didn't pay too much attention to that queue except to note that half of the seats taken when we arrived were occupied by agents' bags etc. Once inside, noticed that there were two I/Os sitting at the retirement extension desk: dunno if they were there for a full shift.

Many thanks for this thread.

Arrived back from an overseas trip 11th May, so this morning off to IMM Prom to file my new TM30

FYI - Previously filed TM30 at IMM Prom

Today, I was told to go to building 3 at IMM AIRPORT

So off we go, we completed the TM30 in about 1 / 2 hour at the IMM AIRPORT

When ask WHY, we never really received a good explanation

Anyway, IMM AIRPORT stated file TM next time30

Have been to Promenada several times for extensions, in my experience it does not work as well as the former service at the airport.

The final indignity today was the record on my papers showed me having paid the fee of 1,900 baht, I had actually paid 2,000 earlier in the day without any receipt, they disputed, I had no proof, but I have found Thais bow to visitors who make a fuss, they just reached into the money box and handed over 100 baht.

Although the whole processing is a shambles compared to the way things are done in the rest of Thailand, I did get into conversation with other applicants who informed me that using agents is the only option if you need your application to be processed smoothly. From what I have observed in the many hours I have spent there, that definitely is the case. The body language between the uniformed officers and the agents says it all. For those who object to using agents they may be overlooking the fact that all the staff are Thais and we applicants are not Thais.

Have been to Promenada several times for extensions, in my experience it does not work as well as the former service at the airport.

The final indignity today was the record on my papers showed me having paid the fee of 1,900 baht, I had actually paid 2,000 earlier in the day without any receipt, they disputed, I had no proof, but I have found Thais bow to visitors who make a fuss, they just reached into the money box and handed over 100 baht.

Although the whole processing is a shambles compared to the way things are done in the rest of Thailand, I did get into conversation with other applicants who informed me that using agents is the only option if you need your application to be processed smoothly. From what I have observed in the many hours I have spent there, that definitely is the case. The body language between the uniformed officers and the agents says it all. For those who object to using agents they may be overlooking the fact that all the staff are Thais and we applicants are not Thais.

True

the paper work is in order and they will not have to listen to a string of excuses as to why you didn't make copies from your passport or what ever. Also the agents are easily processed they know what is needed and have it ready.

The fundamental question could/should be: Is it at all likely that the Bangkok Immigration hierarchy are unaware of these [alleged but as yet unproven wink.png ] shenanigans?

Today was my first visit to the Immigration office at Promenada.

I had an appointment to meet my agent at 3:00 p.m. for annual extension for retirement and a multiple reentry permit. I took the opportunity to do some other things at Promenada, so I was there before noon.

At 2:15 pm got a call from the agent that the agent was waiting for me at Immigration - I told them I was at Promenada and went down to meet the agent. I was immediately taken into an office in the back to have a picture taken for the re-entry permit. Then the agent took me to the front office and told me to sit and wait.

At about 2:54 (since some people need things exactly on the forum) I was moved to a desk to sit in front of a man who looked through the paperwork, made some lines through things (checking them off I think) and signed a couple things and motioned for me to move over one chair, which happened to be in front of another camera. Somre shuffling through papers, take a picture, then my passport and receipt were passed back to the first person, who signed the receipt, stamped my passport with the extension and reentry permit, signed them and handed me my passport and receipt.

3:02 p.m. I walked out of the Immigration office with my passport with extension and reentry permit and my receipt....

Went and finished my other business at Promenada, did some shopping in Rim Ping and home before 4:30 p.m.

EDIT: The agent also did my 90 day report since it is due in less than 2 weeks... I didn't ask them to, they just did it... do that was extra benefit for me. I hope the online will work for again the next one that's due

Today was my first visit to the Immigration office at Promenada.

I had an appointment to meet my agent at 3:00 p.m. for annual extension for retirement and a multiple reentry permit. I took the opportunity to do some other things at Promenada, so I was there before noon.

At 2:15 pm got a call from the agent that the agent was waiting for me at Immigration - I told them I was at Promenada and went down to meet the agent. I was immediately taken into an office in the back to have a picture taken for the re-entry permit. Then the agent took me to the front office and told me to sit and wait.

At about 2:54 (since some people need things exactly on the forum) I was moved to a desk to sit in front of a man who looked through the paperwork, made some lines through things (checking them off I think) and signed a couple things and motioned for me to move over one chair, which happened to be in front of another camera. Somre shuffling through papers, take a picture, then my passport and receipt were passed back to the first person, who signed the receipt, stamped my passport with the extension and reentry permit, signed them and handed me my passport and receipt.

3:02 p.m. I walked out of the Immigration office with my passport with extension and reentry permit and my receipt....

Went and finished my other business at Promenada, did some shopping in Rim Ping and home before 4:30 p.m.

EDIT: The agent also did my 90 day report since it is due in less than 2 weeks... I didn't ask them to, they just did it... do that was extra benefit for me. I hope the online will work for again the next one that's due

This is the first report that someone has been able to receive an extension and re-entry permit on-the-spot. Normally, the retirement extension application and passport have to be approved by someone with higher authority than the person sitting at the desk processing the application.

This means that the passport/application are taken to the "big boss" at the old office at the airport or held for the "big boss" to come to the Prom office to sign off and then, AND ONLY THEN, can the application for the re-entry permit be processed.

If other applicants have the same experience, then it's definitely an improvement over the previous process. No more waiting around for hours for your passport to be returned to you after your "interview" for your retirement extension.

I don't know what these oeople were getting but all the people that went to the same desk while I was waiting received their passports signed by the same person that signed mine. They walked out with their passpoets. One group looked to me like a family - husband, wife, and 3 children - they all left with their passports.

Maybe it was my lucky day!

I don't know what these oeople were getting but all the people that went to the same desk while I was waiting received their passports signed by the same person that signed mine. They walked out with their passpoets. One group looked to me like a family - husband, wife, and 3 children - they all left with their passports.

I got a single reentry last July and it was an on the spot thing. Am going in again to get another one next month. Hope they haven't changed it.

I got a single reentry last July and it was an on the spot thing. Am going in again to get another one next month. Hope they haven't changed it.

I recall that last year you used the agent a few doors down from the immigration office - is that your intention this year too? Cheers

NJ -- you've always been able to get re-entry permits "on the spot". What you haven't been able to get on-the-spot is your retirement extension. When you used G4T last year, you came to their office to submit your forms in the morning and were told to come back later in the day to pick up your passport with your visa extension stamp, right? That is what appears to have changed if I understand hml367's description correctly.

All done and dusted.

Docs required:

Nancy, in answer to your question I estimate 24 queue tickets were distributed when I was there two days ago. It was a long day but I managed to get my retirement extension and re-entry permit processed.

0550 - arrived and was approximately 18th in the queue. However agents had covered about eight stools with bags and such for their clients.

0800 - elderly Japanese clients arrived to meet up with the agents but that's what they pay their money for. I prefer to do it myself as quite easy really apart from the waiting around.

0900 - allocated queue number 21 and told to return at 1400. At that time I looked back and there was another twenty or so people behind me.

1300 - arrived to be on the safe side and the next number called was 12.

1430 - called up to the retirement desk and processed in 12 minutes then told to shift to the end of the desk to have my photo taken.

1610 - passports arrived back and straight to the copy shop to copy the extension. The copy shop closes at 1630.

1620 - re-entry processed and shifted again to have my photo taken.

In all I was at one desk or the other for a total of 25 minutes. This was my fifth retirement extension so I know exactly what is required document wise.

Near the end of the day I noticed a suggestion box on a pillar on the left as you walk in however by that time I was feeling too dispirited to write anything. In hindsight I would suggest that "The senior officer of the day at Promenada to have the delegated authority to countersign passports" I don't think it would be too much to ask especially as there was a three stripe female officer sitting at the back and not exactly overworked,

I recall that last year you used the agent a few doors down from the immigration office - is that your intention this year too? Cheers

Read the black part of the message.

I only used the agent for a yearly renewal.

Nowhere does it say I used them for any thing else.

NJ --you took the easy way out and used them for your annual retirement visa extension knowing that they enjoying preferential accesses to the Imm. office and that they wouldn't be there to help you if you had a problem later on. Hey, that was you decision. That's the decision you make when you decide to use a "queue jumper" vs. a full service visa agent.

NJ -- you've always been able to get re-entry permits "on the spot". What you haven't been able to get on-the-spot is your retirement extension. When you used G4T last year, you came to their office to submit your forms in the morning and were told to come back later in the day to pick up your passport with your visa extension stamp, right? That is what appears to have changed if I understand hml367's description correctly.

I have absolutely no idea what you and ataloss are talking about. I went in last year to get my single reentry and got it in I recall about a half hour. That was before they had the page system and the guy just came out and mumbled. I had number 41 and the lady two down from me had number 42. The fellow was standing right in front of him and she had to ask what he had said he motioned her in so I followed and when she got hers they then looked through my papers and gave me mine. In the airport I used to get a multiple reentry at the same day. I got the 365 day and then did the multiple reentry. Obviously the fellow had got his passport back before he applied for the reentry. If you are there at the right moment it can be done. It might have been the signer was there that day and the agent like the agent at G4T could just skip due process and go to him directly.

As for me I went to immigration for my yearly at 1:30 in the afternoon. The girls out front checked my papers said they were good but could not give me a Queue number. I inquired if they went through all the queue numbers that were handed out and the office was still open could I get one they told me no. I thanked them went next door and gave G4T 3,000 baht they checked my papers they were not complete so much for the girls out front.I had forgot to sign one spot. Told me to have a seat. I did in a bit a girl came and took me next door they took my picture and I was out of there at 2:15. Had to come back later to get my passport. As it was I had a movie to see and a meal to eat before I went home. I passed by their office and that were still open so I grabbed my passport then. I have since done two 90 day and waited about an hour at the max for them.

sS you can see I have absolutely no idea of what you and ataloss are talking about. Not my experience. But who is to know what the future holds. LOL If you don't believe me check back on my posts.

NJ --you took the easy way out and used them for your annual retirement visa extension knowing that they enjoying preferential accesses to the Imm. office and that they wouldn't be there to help you if you had a problem later on. Hey, that was you decision. That's the decision you make when you decide to use a "queue jumper" vs. a full service visa agent.

Try to keep up with the posts. Just a few back a man was in line with 5 agents in front of him and two people for them selves He got number 13 How did that happen if the agents only represent one person. LOL

Besides I did not come to Thailand to clean it up to be the way I thought it should be. I came to retire and enjoy my life.

For the first time since I moved here I went through a visa service. I have always stayed up until midnight and gotten an appointment at 12:03. This time I was applying 40-something days early because of extenuating circumstances and couldn’t risk just going in there day after day and hoping.

The agent told me it would take 5 minutes. She said they would be able to secure 90 days, retirement extension, and multiple entry before I arrived to have my picture taken. When I got there she had the 90 days and the extension, but I had to wait from 3:00 - 4:00 to meet with the re-entry folks. The agent had grabbed a re-entry number before I got there. Otherwise, I would have had to come back.

I do not understand the venom thrown at people who decide to us an agent. Things in life change the place you eat, your favorite noodle joint and how extensions and 90 day reports are handled. The way a few talk the old immagration office was just fantastic and the new office is hell. I got in line at the old office around 5am a few times and still had to come back in the afternoon see an officer. If and when the on line Q comes back I think the moaning and groaning will cease. By theway it is no ones business if I decide to use an agent or as someone commited a Q jumper. Get over itfolks at present it is a pain to get an extension of stay and a 90day report, all of the moaning and groaning, letters to the Bangkok Post, and the consulate havn't changed it much or helped anyons pain

I do not understand the venom thrown at people who decide to us an agent. Things in life change the place you eat, your favorite noodle joint and how extensions and 90 day reports are handled. The way a few talk the old immagration office was just fantastic and the new office is hell. I got in line at the old office around 5am a few times and still had to come back in the afternoon see an officer. If and when the on line Q comes back I think the moaning and groaning will cease. By theway it is no ones business if I decide to use an agent or as someone commited a Q jumper. Get over itfolks at present it is a pain to get an extension of stay and a 90day report, all of the moaning and groaning, letters to the Bangkok Post, and the consulate havn't changed it much or helped anyons pain

You are absolutely correct. I have lived in Chiang Mai for 16 years and it used to be a nice and easy visit to Immigration.

First with marriage extension and later with retirement.

Later I enjoyed the online queue system. You booked a time and was serviced right on time.

That has all changed; and last year I used an agent, and I will use it again this year!.

Archived