Cheap flight bkk - london gatwick

Boo

Hi,

Does anyone know of cheap airlines to fly BKK - Gatwick London for under 20k baht? Planning on a trip home for 2 months end of June coming back beginning September. Have been looking round travel agencies but because of SARS & war prices have skyrocketed. Any suggestions appriciated. Cheers

If you have a credit card go to  www.airlinenetwork.co.uk

I have had flights which stop in the middle east for about 6 hours but they are cheap last time I fly for around £336

(22,000 baht) return.  You can collect your tickets at the airline desk 14 days before you go.

:cool:

Looked at Airline-Network, I think they only offer flights from the UK. I'm doing some searching for ex-BKK now, I'll let you know if I find anything. But I think only a Thai travel agent can sell ex-BKK flights?

I checked around in BKK last week and from what I could see the prices were the same or less than a few months ago.

You can still get the Kuwait (Small Plane, Six hour stopover in a v.boring airport) for around 22k or go direct with Thai/EVA for 32k inc. all taxes. Personally I like Emirates (New planes, great service/food, stopover in gorgeous Dubai airport) they should have a flight for 25-28k). If you haven't tried Emirates before, have a go, I know some people will be scared by the whole 'Arab' thing but it's always been a good experience for me.

These flights go to LHR.

James

• 3 weeks later...
Have you tried Bangladesh airlines? I did once it was cheap and had to stop on route twice. I won't be doing it again as the plane was falling to bits and we had a problem! I got my ticket in the Ko San Rd area. Good luck!

Bangledesh and Pakistani Airlines. I wouldn't be caught dead on either of these 2... I'am afraid that I wouldn't trust the crew training or the maintenance procedures of either of these two...

I travel Emirates, it is always a relief to hear the captain talking before takeoff in an Australian, English or Canadian accent...

I agree with Brian. Emirates offer superb service (including in seat entertainment). I am flying out soon with them. It cost £460 with the stopover in dubai. On your way back you can peruse the cheap dubai gold. Price depends really on availability and where you fly from in the UK. I've tried BA, Thai Airways, Air france and Swiss Air. Emirates was best and cheapest!

Re cheap airlines, many answers-same outcome. Avoid Sub Continent airlines. Just look at Flight International's annual Survey of Commercial Airline Accidents, even the non fatal ones will make you think twice. Emirates are first class and Dubai Airport makes Heathrow Terminal 3 look a dump(which it is)

Gulf Air is good too, via Abu Dahbi (spelling?) or Bahrain. Tend to get the same movie on the second leg though (?) and no choice of programming in economy - but interesting computer games.

Tend to fly Thai mostly (get my wife to book - cheaper if booked by a Thai!), I used to fly either EVA or Guaruda (I could get first class return tickets for £700-800 but lost my contacts in these airlines) - both were good 1st class, never flew economy with them though. EVA has a pretty bad crash record, but only seems to crash on the BKK to Korea leg!

[EVA has a pretty bad crash record, but only seems to crash on the BKK to Korea leg!   Wolf]

I may have been asleep but according to the record EVA Air has not had any passenger fatalities since it began service in 1991.

Bapak

• 2 weeks later...
just got flight one way to gatwick with Emirates for 16,500 baht. Bargain. Thanks for advice on other dodgy airlines. P.S. Gulf are doing one way to Heathrow for 13k baht.

Bangledesh and Pakistani Airlines. I wouldn't be caught dead on either of these 2... I'am afraid that I wouldn't trust the crew training or the maintenance procedures of either of these two...

I travel Emirates, it is always a relief to hear the captain talking before takeoff in an Australian, English or Canadian accent...

Brian...You support both my teams!!!! :

Boo-Good one but who did you book with? (more ifo.the better)

For our friends in Pattaya I popped into Mr Boon on Soi Post Office and got a Bangkok-London non stop quote of  12,500/25,000.R/T...Plus

some others exs..

B K K - F R A N K F U R T      10.250 / 20.250

B K K - M U E N C H E N        12.500 / 22.500

B K K - A M S T E R D A M     10.250 / 20.250

B K K - C O P E N H A G E N   11.500 / 22.500

B K K - Z U E R I C H            11.950 / 22.650

Y O U R  T R A V E L  A G E N C Y

183/12 Soi Post Office - 20260 Pattaya

Phone: (038) 411 228, 411 282, 411 256

or (01) 503 1651  Fax : (038) 428 506

E - Mail : [email protected]

http://www.mrboontravel.com/Index_english.htm