What's the answer

the answer is 14

The way it is written it is 14 4+3=7x2=14 in linear progression

You don't do the operations in the order they're written, though. Multiplication precedes addition. Which makes it 10.

Arguably

you did not get the wrong answer simply IMO followed the wrong process, or the same can be said about as

I am not an expert in mathematics, I just used logical progression, as many others did

IMO if multiplication was to take place first the numbers to be multiplied should have being in brackets, please correct me if I am wrong, as I said I am no expert and could be wrong.

the answer is 14

You don't do the operations in the order they're written, though. Multiplication precedes addition. Which makes it 10.

Arguably

you did not get the wrong answer simply IMO followed the wrong process, or the same can be said about as

I am not an expert in mathematics, I just used logical progression, as many others did

IMO if multiplication was to take place first the numbers to be multiplied should have being in brackets, please correct me if I am wrong, as I said I am no expert and could be wrong.

enter 4+3*2= in google and you get your answer

the answer is 14

Arguably

enter 4+3*2= in google and you get your answer

I stand corrected smile.png though still technically not wrong can't tell you why yet, give me a chance I am thinkingtongue.png

I did do the operation in google but unfortunately instead of the asterisk between the 3 and 2, I entered an x

Not the brightest lightbulb in the christmas tree I am afraid

the answer is 14

Arguably

I agree sirineou, you have to use brackets to make the answer 10. Correct answer 14

With all due respect...but I can't believe that a pretty much simple math "problem" can create such a stir about the correct answer...especially if the answer has been already given AND explained.

Way too early to end the thread as we haven't gotten around to Thai bashing the man in Dubai's fault or all Thai women are,,well you know yet?

Archived