Naga new year

Mahseer

If anyone is interested Naga new year is 14-16 Jan. Flights Mandalay-Khamti up on 13th and back 17th plus other options from Yangon. Festival will be in Lahe which involves a ferry crossing and 6 hour ride in 4x4. Accommodation is either homestay or camping.

It sounds absolutely fantastic. Off the beaten path, like this, in Myanmar is close to the best in the world. IMHO. You are very lucky to be going again! I'm jealous.

My brother is here until the 16th. Otherwise, I'd be there for sure.

Please post some pics in the trip report section. I can't wait to see them!

Yes I'll be there once more and will go a third time when the festival is held in Namyun.

The Chin new year is mid February and that will be brilliant for photo opportunities as this is one of the areas where the women of the Dai, Yinduu and others have full face tattoos. You can witness the festivities in Kanpelet and Mindat and there are decent hotels in both and the back road trip between the two is excellent.

Fly into Bagan and 4x4 to Kanpetlet is 220kms. I will probably skip this as have been to the area twice and need to save a few bob for Pakistan which will be March/April.

Safe travels.

Archived