Investing 5 million baht in CM

Somnambulist

Not the sort of post I would make on an open forum,

letting others know what cash you have is not a good

idea,anywhere.

regards Worgeordie

Erm um I was asking for a friend. thumbsup.gif

and you never told anyone that you hide the cash in the hollow feet of a bedside table in the master-bedroom... (the one on the left) wink.png

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the sort of post I would make on an open forum,

letting others know what cash you have is not a good

idea,anywhere.

regards Worgeordie

Erm um I was asking for a friend. thumbsup.gif

and you never told anyone that you hide the cash in the hollow feet of a bedside table in the master-bedroom... (the one on the left) wink.png

Damn, I'm that obvious? That's it, my New Years resolution is to never talk to anybody ever again. Not only will my money be safer, I'll also never have to feel guilty about not studying Thai again. Two birds with one stone, ha!

Just buy equal dollar amounts of TransCanada, Royal Bank of Canada, and Canadian National Railway...you will earn a blended dividend return between the three of about 4%, or about $C6000 per year given what you have to invest...rock-solid companies, and you don't have to do a thing.

go buy a condo and get 8 to 9% net laugh.png

that's actually very close to my return on living in my own unit, compared to renting a similar unit. And I get PEA, my own internet, Americanized wiring/plumbing, my own frig/tv, etc....Rents are slowly, but surely, going up. I still don't want to be a landlord, here. I was getting 569 usd per month for a place I bought for 22,000 usd in Phoenix, until I sold it to a guy from Hebei. Even using the 50% method for expenses, that's a 15.5% net, which is also what I get from my shares of Phillip Morris, that cost me 14.57 per share, in 2008, and the dividend is 2.26 usd per year. And even at the 58 it now sells for, it will be on most lists of stocks to buy for 2016.

that's actually very close to my return on living in my own unit, compared to renting a similar unit. And I get PEA, my own internet, Americanized wiring/plumbing, my own frig/tv, etc....Rents are slowly, but surely, going up. I still don't want to be a landlord, here. I was getting 569 usd per month for a place I bought for 22,000 usd in Phoenix, until I sold it to a guy from Hebei. Even using the 50% method for expenses, that's a 15.5% net, which is also what I get from my shares of Phillip Morris, that cost me 14.57 per share, in 2008, and the dividend is 2.26 usd per year. And even at the 58 it now sells for, it will be on most lists of stocks to buy for 2016.

I have a few rooms here, I have downsized recently, but i get 8/9% and have done for years good luck anyway

I have a few rooms here, I have downsized recently, but i get 8/9% and have done for years good luck anyway

Getting even higher when renting monthly through air bnb

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

But if you are truly 100% legal, without any fears of being extorted or deported, then I would be surprised, but if you are; good for you. A few worst case scenarios would be your tenant causing a fire, and rendering numerous other units uninhabitable...happened at H3 this year. Or, Immigration going on the Airbnb website and cracking down, at the request of the influential large hotel owners. WP, rental tax. TM30s, liabilities, and just non-credit worthy tenants trashing the place.

Entire swathes of London and indeed the whole UK are awash and in many case owned by Chinese, Chinese ownership in London is now about 11% of all property over GBP 1 Mill., up from 4% in 2012:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/fcc2d346-bcd3-11e4-9902-00144feab7de.html

And the odd thing is, you still can't find a decent Chinese takeaway there.laugh.png

Can't find a decent Chinese takeaway in London? You can't be looking very hard then. The Chinese food I've eaten in London is streets ahead of the rubbish I've been served in Thailand.

Getting even higher when renting monthly through air bnb

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

yes but most of us want the security of one year contract and 3 months deposit

Entire swathes of London and indeed the whole UK are awash and in many case owned by Chinese, Chinese ownership in London is now about 11% of all property over GBP 1 Mill., up from 4% in 2012:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/fcc2d346-bcd3-11e4-9902-00144feab7de.html

And the odd thing is, you still can't find a decent Chinese takeaway there.laugh.png

Can't find a decent Chinese takeaway in London? You can't be looking very hard then. The Chinese food I've eaten in London is streets ahead of the rubbish I've been served in Thailand.

I get it, you don't get satire, that's so sad!!

They are. Unless the keyword is 'tourist'. But Chinese people who visit Chiang Mai a lot most defintiely buy condominiums, and in much greater numbers than any Western nationality.

That Why, now its dangerous inwest in CM property. Chinese make hot market. And last 2 year price go to moon. In China now not best time and possible China economics be in big crisis. And if its happened , price pulled down as in Pattaya when crisis come to Russia.thumbsup.gif

London it still batter investing. Or in case Chineses if realy come big crisis to China, China capital runaway to Singapure to Canada also it posible, London, But Thailand its be not first place where Chinese buy property in crisis. Or can go invest some market where have down NOW.

Anyway property investing in coutry without undeground protect owner property interest its only gambling and luck.

I hear in Vietnam past year come new low foreigner can owner ground.

Vietnam now with top of economic growth rate in region.

Archived