I'm a G7 person. Do i get 'visa free' entry into Mayanmar?

jobin

I saw this info on the web. I have USA passport. According to other web site i am entitled to 30 days in Mayanmar, visa free. Same as all other G7 persons.

So presumably i can walk over from Mae Sai, stop at the Burma Border Control, get some kind of stamp and a notice that i must depart within 30 days. Maybe pay some money.

Any recent confirmation of this? thnx

I am not aware of any visa-free entries at all. They are talking about other ASEAN passport-holders in the near future, but never about non-ASEAN citizens.

Where did you read that?

Note: I understand we not not talking about border passes. Like any Thai person too, you can day-trip without visa across the border from Thailand, but have to be back in the evening.

• 4 weeks later...

not that i have ever heard of .

u need pay for the 28 day visa

only a few asians ( Cambodians are one) get visa exempt entrance

U might be confusing G7 country residents get 30 days visa exempt at Thailand land borders.

Correct and those Asians (ASEAN citizens actually) only get 14 days, not 28 like us visa holders do.

Thais get 14 days only when flying in NOT if entering by land.

Cambodians, Bruneians, Vietnamese, Indonesians and Laotians get 14 days both for land based entry from Thailand and if entering by air. No idea if they would get 14 days if entering by land from India or China, both of which require permits to be allowed to cross in the first place, I'd say probably not.

Indeed G7 countries get 30 days when entering Thailand, including entries made from any of the 4 Thai-Myanmar international checkpoints.

Archived