BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Monk flips off man who refuses to make donation to Buddhism

Always nice to see a learned monk demonstrate his knowledge by giving a visible sign as to how he's conquered his ego ....

It was just brought to my (fairly naive) attention, that there have been movements afoot, for a number of years already, by vague groups of people who are intent on dis-crediting Buddhism in Thailand. - In fact, there recently was a case of 4 Muslims, who shaved their heads, donned the Orange Robes and started going around, generally giving totally wrong signals in order to make Buddhism look bad.

Karma will catch-up with them, I trust . . . .

Got a link for that story?

Well done Mr. Chayuti. It must be a hard to think and act outside the normal Thai paradigm. Wai, bow, scrape, get on your knees, spit out money and food, no eye contact. Pffft. Bloody nonsense.

This religion krap has gone too far and is as corrupt as any other man-made power and control mechanism.

very true. i don't believe in the khrap (pun intended) and in all these years here i have never bothered to deal with buddhism, real or fake, same like i don't deal with islam, christianity or any other sect.

He was not a monk. He was a gangster. It happens everywhere.

More of this, please. Myanmar workers I know have told me many times ( over 20 years) that Thais don't follow the true path of Buddhism, no matter how well intentioned. Now I understand that remark.

trust me, monks in burma aren't much better. 555. lived there and go to any teashop and u'll see monks selling lottery numbers as well as fake (photoshopped) pictures with eg. flying monks, 5 headed cobra's, etc. oh and don't forget about good old Wirathu and 969. clap2.gif

religion is manmade and therefore corrupted. yes there are good monks but there are also good priests and good imams.