Bangkok vs Barcelona

RichardThailand

I think it is a bit unfair to compare the two cities as they are very different.

Barcelona does win outright in most areas and as the above poster pointed out above Barcelona is more expensive but you are not comparing apples with apples. If you like cheese, beef, and wine, well thailand would be very expensive, if you eat mainly fried rice well Barcelona is expensive.

Public transport is a nightmare in Bangkok and designer type shopping is so expensive.

That being said if you are an ultimate cheep Charlie then you can eat basic Thai dishes and live in a $100 a month apartment on the outskirts of Bangkok. I did it when I first move there it was hell.

One thing thailand will always have going for it is you can go on a two day bender sleep with five different women over those two days and flop home having only spent $400.

I think most people need to be honest on why they came to Bangkok and it is for the women.

It seems most posters here are pro Barcelona in a Thailand based forum, hmm a bit odd,

Has it occurred to you that not all of us who live in Thailand live in Bangkok? I love living in Suphanburi but have no desire to live in Bangkok whatsoever. Given the choice between Bangkok and Barcelona I would opt for the latter, but neither would have any chance of tempting me away from here, indeed nowhere else on earth would.

Archived