Fishing in Khon Kaen

afrigo

Hi I have been living in Khon Kaen since August and as a keen fisherman have visited a number of fishing parks. I would like to do some `wild` fishing and would be grateful for advice/information if anyone has fished the Chee? River and the big lake at Tung Sang Park, Thanks in anticipation.

• 3 months later...

I have been for fishing in the Khon Kaen river several times. There are plenty of fish ( different species) in.

Last year I caught a 5 kg snake head. I would appreciate to discuss more details. Since years I am looking for a fishing buddy. Unfortunately no luck until today.

Strangely, here on TVF, the kindest thing I could have done for the OP would be to post up that "Fishing in Khon Kaen is non existent, don't waste your time".

Then the naysayers would be crawling out of the woodwork to tell me all the ways I'm wrong, and all the great places to fish.

Just asking the question, it took about 3 and a half months for the first reply. Shame, really.

BTW, never been there, so I'm not qualified to comment. But the negative troll bait has worked for me on several occasions. The downside is that I've convinced a lot of members here I'm a buttwad. Good thing they don't know me IRL.

• 1 month later...

Hi Plaa Chon Myself and my brother set out to fish on the River Chee last week. Unfortunately the swim we had in mind was occupied by another angler when we got there. We struggled to find alternative access to the river which afforded us some shade so in the end we went to the nearby Siliwan? Fishing Park. Later on after finishing we went back and asked the Thai angler how he was doing and despite sat behind a battery of rods he had blanked. Would still like to have a session on the Chee if I can locate a suitable spot. Best Wishes And Tight Lines. Dave

Archived