Good Mexican Food

grtaylor

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped by Sunrise again.

Went for Giant burrito.

Great steak burrito, I must say. I also recommend Taco Loco for lower priced but very good tacos, but steak burrito is something that only Sunrise has... and it's super good.

Cheers,

Mike

Made me hungry. Ok, I'll go back again tomorrow to Sunrise befoere leaving town for their steak burrito.

Ooomph.... I may never need to eat again.... ate about 8:30 at Sunrise Tacos and I'm still stuffed.

3 tacos, 2 baskets of chips (one salsa, one guac) and 2 margaritas, and a diet coke..... (I know, oink, oink).... It was delicious. Had the crispy tacos- the shells (and the chips) are thick, fresh, and hot, and you can taste the corn... Fillings were tasty and generous. I'm in that area often; this is a dangerous place for me now!!!

(oh, the price was very reasonable- 433B for all the above, and if I'd economised on the drinks it would've been only about 300B- a bargain for Mexican in BKK, and very tasty!)

"S"

Ooomph.... I may never need to eat again.... ate about 8:30 at Sunrise Tacos and I'm still stuffed.

3 tacos, 2 baskets of chips (one salsa, one guac) and 2 margaritas, and a diet coke..... (I know, oink, oink).... It was delicious. Had the crispy tacos- the shells (and the chips) are thick, fresh, and hot, and you can taste the corn... Fillings were tasty and generous. I'm in that area often; this is a dangerous place for me now!!!

(oh, the price was very reasonable- 433B for all the above, and if I'd economised on the drinks it would've been only about 300B- a bargain for Mexican in BKK, and very tasty!)

"S"

Hi "S",

Thank you for posting your feedback about Sunrise Tacos ! We truly appreciate it when customers take time out of their busy days to provide us with some open and honest feedback about our "tasty" food. Its great to hear you are still stuffed with good Mexican food at our restaurant. The Mexican restaurant business is a hard job and it’s compliments like yours that help us go to work with a smile on our faces every day!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel. We appreciate your business and truly want to make your next experience as pleasant as possible at Sunrise Tacos.

Best regards,

Greg Lange

Owner

Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill

www.sunrisetacos.com

I ordered some Sunrise food for delivery at 4am the other night when in Banhkok on a business trip, Godsend as no-one else would deliver at that time and my hotel didn't have room service.

It was very Tasty food but definitely missing that last little something for my own taste, I had a little think about it and figured it needed a little (more?) of two things.

Salt

Lemon or Lime Juice

I ordered some Sunrise food for delivery at 4am the other night when in Banhkok on a business trip, Godsend as no-one else would deliver at that time and my hotel didn't have room service.

It was very Tasty food but definitely missing that last little something for my own taste, I had a little think about it and figured it needed a little (more?) of two things.

Salt

Lemon or Lime Juice

Ben,

Thank you very much for your post to Sunrise Tacos regarding your delivery at 4 a.m.

The problem with delivery at 4 a.m. or delivery at anytime for that matter is its hard to get the meal prepared for your taste like we can in the store. Where you can add a little more lime on your guacamole, tell us to go heavy on the salt. You hold the taco power as you said for your " own taste".

Our motto at Sunrise Tacos is 'Help us, help you." Next time we want to nail it for your taste so its perfect. Please stop by and say "Hi" and be the boss of your taco or burrito.

Ben, we are very grateful that you took the time to give feedback.

Thanks again.

Greg

www.sunrisetacos.com

i went yesterday at 12pm, sunday...i think the younger girl wearing the black shirt, should get some type of extra benefit..she looked really tired...and took control when the older stumpier worker couldnt comprehend that i wanted 3 tacos with different fillings....she is a hard worker.

i realize that people have different opinions about mexican food especially in LOS, thats why i had refrained from making any comments....but

heres my background, i am from houston, texas where i lived on mexican food as well as worked at a mexican restaraunt through highschool, i am 34 now.

i wont make any other comments, as i respect new businesses and try not to say anything negative.....all i have to say is, work on the size of the portions a bit and study what the traditional ingredients are, because a few were clearly missing.....and the toppins were way to thin, not like the in store picturs at all.

a good restaraunt is a good restaraunt, regardless of style....a texan can be converted to californian taste and vice versa....if its good its good.

that being said, if you make the tacos bigger you will have another repeat customer....or make it 4 for 137 baht instead of 3....or just up the ingredients, to resemble the picture.

heres one i took home to experiment with some chili sauce (original order was 3 assorted)

s5001349tf2.jpg

not like the picture in the restaurant.

In the photo it looks like the tacos use prepackaged or boxed corn tortillas, American supermarket-style. It would be great if someone in LOS would make fresh corn tortillas. Or are they fresh? Does Sunrise offer tacos with soft corn tortillas (like in Mexico, where they never fry the tortillas separately)?

One positive about Miguel's Mexican in Chiang Mai, they do make fresh flour tortillas. They're the only Mexican resto in Thailand that I know of that does. Unfortunately Miguel's doesn't offer corn tortillas at all (unless you count the totopos used for nachos).

I lived in Mexico and Texas for several years, and think I know what a real taco should taste like. :o I do look forward to trying Sunrise.

It would be great if someone in LOS would make fresh corn tortillas. Or are they fresh? Does Sunrise offer tacos with soft corn tortillas (like in Mexico, where they never fry the tortillas separately)?

THE DUKE'S makes their own corn tortilla's from scratch.

See you there! :o

In the photo it looks like the tacos use prepackaged or boxed corn tortillas, American supermarket-style.
Thats what I thought as well. It sure looks like a corn tortilla from a box.
It would be great if someone in LOS would make fresh corn tortillas. Or are they fresh? Does Sunrise offer tacos with soft corn tortillas (like in Mexico, where they never fry the tortillas separately)?

We do offer soft 6 inch corn tortillas. The crunchy and soft corn tortillas are made from scratch using lime to turn the corn into nixtamal. We then grind the nixtamal into the dough known as masa. It seems almost always one of our team is rolling out a fresh tortilla in eye sight of the customers.

One positive about Miguel's Mexican in Chiang Mai, they do make fresh flour tortillas. They're the only Mexican resto in Thailand that I know of that does. Unfortunately Miguel's doesn't offer corn tortillas at all (unless you count the totopos used for nachos).
I know Dukes has fresh flour and corn tortillas in Chiang Mai. David the owner of Dukes in fact has invited us into kitchen of his restaurant and we saw the staff making the fresh masa.
I lived in Mexico and Texas for several years, and think I know what a real taco should taste like. :o I do look forward to trying Sunrise.

We look forward to seeing you at Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Miguels? Good? Give me a break.............

dont believe what the reviews say i found it terrible

Why Salsa Kitchen in Chiang Mais "Hells half acre" on Rathvithi Rd has not even been mentioned in this forum is beyond control.......

Dukes has been replaced by Salsa Kitchen as the mexican night king.

shouldve gotten the platter, thats the true test of a mexican restaurant... anyone can make a taco..

"S"

Is there a good one in pattaya ? thanks

Sunrise is excellent. Really like their high quality fillings and freshly made taco shells and burritos.
Thanks.
But yes, the staff can be quick to charge a pretty significant "extra" if you ask for more of anything, which is why i suggested that for the Giant (which I ordered), the customer should be allowed to have both sour cream and cheese and not only one of them (they were gona whop me for an extra 29 baht). It's great that they have pickled jalapenos, but the staff attending to me put extremely little and I just wasn't in the mood to "pressure" her to put more as she had already wanted to charge me extra for the cheese (which I opted not to get coz of the extra 29 baht).
We have now a order form system. Just put "more" on what ever you want more of. We only charge extra for two items... if you take both cheese and sour cream. Then its 10 Baht for a taco, 29 Baht for a burrito( unless you get the giant) and if you get the guacamole. Anything else is included in the price.

If I'm around, I'm a pretty generous guy and gave lots of free items yesterday. In fact that happens everyday when I'm there. However the staff don't have the same executive powers except for two mgrs. ( Jo Jo and Dee)

By the way, you also can get three burritos for 299 Baht ( 99 Baht each) or ten tacos for 369 Baht( 37 Baht each) Any combination.

If I want a really super good taco and that night I'm willing to treat myself and spend (a lot!!!), then I'll go to Sunrise (with all the "extras" I'd like, Sunrise will probably charge me 250 baht including drink). If I want a very good taco and am on my usual daily food budget, then I'll go to Taco Loco and spend about 120 baht including drink.

Not trying to defend our price. As you stated we don't have to. Just trying to understand other prices.

Our most expensive three tacos go for 134 Baht which is the Steak or Barbacoa Beef. Add 30 Baht if you took both the sour cream and cheese on all three tacos. Heineken is 49 Baht.

If you are talking the giant burrito. Then its 18 ounces of food for around 200 Baht.

I'd say Sunrise is about 85% to 90% more expensive but 35% to 40% better.
Not sure how on the more expensive of 85% -90%.

We should be around the same price or lower if you still get the lettuce, choice of salsa, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes and one choice of sour cream or cheese. This is included for the 39 Baht taco. Ground Beef or Chicken option of three tacos is 117 Baht.

Still compared to 280 Baht for two tacos at a number of Mexican restaurants in town, on price we still look pretty good.

Then on margaritas for a one liter pitcher its 399 Baht compared to 780 Baht + at most places. Get the margarita by the yard and you get to keep the glass. No Vat or service charge as well. I'm proud of the low prices we charge for our quality. Just trying to understand other prices. Thanks.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Do you have shop in pattaya ?

Here is yet another vote for Sunrise.

I was there for supper tonight.

My first time.

The food was so good, I took home some carryout for lunch tomorrow. _ :bah:

But it didn't last that long.

All gone now. _ :D

For you Mexican food fans, I will start with one observation which you'll appreciate.

They make their own tortillas.

You can see them doing it, on the counter behind the food line.

They have a real tortilla press and they heat the fresh tortillas on a griddle.

Got the picture?

The owner said they grind their own corn masa.

I didn't see it, but I believe it.

Where else in Thailand do you get honest, fresh, home-made, tortillas?

Yes, I met Greg, the owner.

He politely introduced himself, and his wife, and "May" the waitress mentioned in previous posts here.

Greg carefully explained how the menu worked -- you order exactly what you want at steps 1-2-3.

I never got attention like that at any restaurant "back home".

There all we got was, "welcome_ta_taco_time_take_ya_orda_pleezz".

I ordered three crispy tacos with ground beef.

For 117 baht it is an amazingly good value.

They are not the biggest tacos in the world.

For that price they couldn't be.

If you want more food, order more food.

I did.

The ground beef was a suitable amount for the size of the taco.

The lettuce was fresh and crisp.

I ordered cheese AND sour cream AND guacamole, and didn't hesitate to pay a few baht for extras. _ :bah:

But the salsa choice was difficult.

That involved a four-way consultation among myself, the owner, his wife, and waitress "May".

I decided on the mango salsa, and a delicious choice that turned out to be.

I did have one taco with the ordinary, fresh tomato salsa.

That was pleasant, and I would have been satisfied, IF I had not tasted the mango salsa.

Next time I will order extra mango salsa, perhaps an extra liter as a side dish. _ :o

On the subject of portion size, this is a fast-food place, with fast-food prices.

Only a fool would expect huge portions at those prices. _ :D

The value at Sunrise is in the quality, not the quantity.

Next time, if I'm really hungry, I'll just order another order of something.

I took home an order of Carne Asada -- marinated, grilled steak.

It was far better quality of steak than I expected at that price: 169 baht.

It comes with beans and rice and salsa and chips.

I also took home an order of guacamole and more chips.

The guacamole is definitely homemade and obviously mashed by hand.

So many places serve a tasteless green goop and try to pass it off as guacamole.

At Sunrise it's honest avocados.

99 baht for a small, but reasonable, portion.

The items I tasted at Sunrise were full of flavor, but not full of hot chilis.

That's exactly the way I like it.

Those who require lots of hot chilis might be disappointed.

Perhaps the red hot salsa will help, I don't know.

Sunrise is easy find:

BTS skytrain to Asoke, trundle down the steps, and you're almost there.

Exit BTS-Asoke, on the South side, nearest the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit hotel.

Walk about 50 meters West -- pass Times Square shopping center -- to the parking lot in front of "Leader Price" store.

Sunrise is on the East side, your left side as you walk toward Leader Price, opposite side of the parking lot from Pizza Company.

MRT subway station is Sukhumvit, right on the corner of Asoke.

But once you get there, don't expect much in the way of atmosphere.

It is fast food style, not fine dining.

For eating, there is a thin counter along the window, with about 8 chairs.

That's it.

This is not the place to dine and linger.

You eat and leave, or you order and take away.

In the past, I've enjoyed Mexican food from Charlie Brown's.

I've certainly enjoyed Tia Maria many times.

I've sampled -- but not enjoyed -- Senor Picos. _ :D

But for the quality and the value for the money, Sunrise has now taken over my first-choice spot for Mexican in Bangkok.

I just hope they can maintain the quality. _ :D

So many new, home-style places start off great ...

But, then, little by little, they trim something here, cut back something there, and within a few months, well, it's time to look for somewhere else.

Sunrise is off to a great start.

I'll watch carefully to see if they can maintain their lead.

Thank you for sharing.

I love the Mango Salsa as well, could eat it for dinner by itself. :-)

As long as I'm alive, the quality will be maintained. You are right, the reason why a number of restaurants become two month wonders is they let the standards dip and they work less. Not going to happen on my watch, I have too much passion and love of food to let it slip.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Great that you are on here taking some ( deserved or not ) criticism and responding,can only be a plus for us all. well done

Hi Greg (over there at Sunrise)

Firstly, ay definitely look forward tae chomping away on one of yir tasty Tacos like, the next time ay cum plodding intae Bangkok.

But, when i checked oot this website of yirs ay wisnae tae impressed by that model chick on it. Ay mean, she looks like she got a bad case a acne, which doesnae say tae much aboot yir food like.

Anyway, ay seriously recommend that yous go and find another lass tae pose fir yir website. At least one that doesnae look like she's gotta blob a sour cream in her eye.

Fir awe this advice am givin like, ay dae hope that Sunrise will be givin me a free burito.

Funny dialect. are you mexican :o

Dropped by Sunrise again.

Went for Giant burrito.

Great steak burrito, I must say. I also recommend Taco Loco for lower priced but very good tacos, but steak burrito is something that only Sunrise has... and it's super good.

Cheers,

Mike

I want one, will they deliver to pattaya ?

Hi Greg (over there at Sunrise)

Firstly, ay definitely look forward tae chomping away on one of yir tasty Tacos like, the next time ay cum plodding intae Bangkok.

But, when i checked oot this website of yirs ay wisnae tae impressed by that model chick on it. Ay mean, she looks like she got a bad case a acne, which doesnae say tae much aboot yir food like.

Anyway, ay seriously recommend that yous go and find another lass tae pose fir yir website. At least one that doesnae look like she's gotta blob a sour cream in her eye.

Fir awe this advice am givin like, ay dae hope that Sunrise will be givin me a free burito.

Funny dialect. are you mexican :D

Try reading his post out loud... I guarantee you won't be able to stop yourself from cracking up! :o

Do you have shop in pattaya ?

No. Maybe we'll have a franchisee having one in Pattaya. Number of people are on the waiting list once we are ready to expand.

www.sunrisetacos.com

There is now an open slot for a food shop in Pattaya Carrefour right between Subway and KFC. Time to compete with the big league fast food slingers?

Of course I am sure you already know Pattaya will be a great market for you. Jomtien too.

Edited by Jingthing

Hopefully one in the Silom area too! Been mentioned before I think, so sorry to harp on, but actually Silom is an area with a lot of competition so would be a tough area to crack - already there's Coyote, Taco Loco and the one on the corner of Patpong. Plus the Roadhouse has a few Tex-Mex items on its menu.

Hopefully one in the Silom area too! Been mentioned before I think, so sorry to harp on, but actually Silom is an area with a lot of competition so would be a tough area to crack - already there's Coyote, Taco Loco and the one on the corner of Patpong. Plus the Roadhouse has a few Tex-Mex items on its menu.

With all due respect to competition. Its apples and oranges. We are open 24 hours a day and offer gourmet tacos and burritos. Never been a big fan of Silom but I could see a Sunrise Tacos more than holding its own there.

Also if you believe in your product, you want to be in the area that has the same type of restaurants. People will then search you out.

There is now an open slot for a food shop in Pattaya Carrefour right between Subway and KFC. Time to compete with the big league fast food slingers?

Of course I am sure you already know Pattaya will be a great market for you. Jomtien too.

Carrefour Pattaya is a tough location. Not been known to be very profitable for most food vendors. Exception being Spicchio Pizza.

Walking Street would be a very good location.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Greg,

One comment about your menu. Either delete the "Three Tacos" option for your Chicken and Ground Beef Tacos, or reduce the price. Right now it costs exactly three times the single taco price for those items. One of my petpeeves about restaurants is "specials", "combos", "sets" or whatever that are nothing more than individual items grouped together and no discount given. Many customers see the combo and never bother to do the math to calculate what if anything they're saving and just blindly order it thinking they're getting a bargain. Whereas I always do the math and if I find that there is no savings it's usually enough to turn me off permanently on that restaurant as I consider it to be a serious insult to my intelligence. Anyways no offense at your pricing structure right now being I know you're just starting out.

I'm sorry for the confusion. Because it’s a pet peeve of mine as well on specials, etc.

But no where is it written or should be interpreted it’s a combo deal or promotion or special deal or whatever for 3 tacos. The price is the price as it’s the standard menu under “Your choice". Most everybody gets at least three tacos. The only reason we have the single taco option is some people like varieties, we then offer that.

It so happens that if someone does order 3 carntias tacos they save 20 baht, barbacoa they save 15 baht, steak they save 15 Baht and on Grilled Veggies they save 9 Baht. When I was making the menu I could not make the price higher for "Your Choice" than what the single taco promotion of 39 Baht was for the chicken or ground beef.

The net margin still did not increase enough on just three Grilled Chicken tacos to make it lower for the standard menu. The price was already discounted and three chicken or ground beef tacos did not allow a discount on a discount. If anything the price should be around 123 Baht for three tacos but it couldn’t be there because of the price for one taco being 39 Baht. Hence it’s 117 Baht.

If someone wants to save money, they go with the combo promotion of 10 tacos for 369 Baht. With that promo they can save anywhere from 30 Baht for chicken or ground beef to savings of 130 Baht for barbacoa or carne asada. That is the combo deal/promotion which it’s listed under. By the way three burritos are 299 Baht and you can save from 28 Baht to 103 Baht on this combo.

Hope this clarifies any misunderstanding on the combo promotion at Sunrise Tacos.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Thanks for your explanation, but realize that many people won't have the advantage of hearing your explanation and will see the 3 tacos as some sort of a value deal, regardless of what your intention was, and thus might get upset over your pricing structure. Much better if you added a column showing their savings over buying 3 separate tacos, with those I named showing no savings. That way there's no misunderstanding.

Don't mean to sound too critical, but your menu board IMHO is absolutely horrible. It's way too complicated. It's great that you want to explain your concept, but I think it should be done separately from the menu. It took me forever to find what I wanted simply because the board is too cluttered and not easy to read. I know Mexican food and want a simple menu I can quickly glance at and pinpoint immediately what I want without reading everything else. If I'm a repeat customer then I'll know the menu and it won't be a problem but for a first timer it's simply overwhelming. For example, I wanted to order a single taco to try it out, but only could see your "3 tacos" option. When I scan a menu I don't read completely each item, just the first word. For your single tacos, you list them as "One taco", which I passed over because I was trying to quickly find the word "Taco" in the first word of the menu item. Not to mention it's on a totally separate section of the menu board from the "3 tacos". I want to see all the tacos together, all the burritos together, etc, not separated.

I totally disagree with your 3-tacos concept. I don't think I've ever ordered three tacos in my entire life. I usually order one or two, plus something else. But then maybe I'm just weird. You seem to be hung up on the 3-tacos based on what you've said and based on your menu board design. For me that's a real turnoff. I don't want to be steered or pressured towards 3-tacos if that's not what I want.

Anyways, tried your food for the second time and while I do admit it does taste fresh, it's just not totally geared to my tastebuds I guess. The vast majority though seem to love it, so I wouldn't change your taste based on a few oddball customers such as myself.

Good luck to you, and I'll probably stop in occasionally, though certainly not very often.

Thanks for your explanation, but realize that many people won't have the advantage of hearing your explanation and will see the 3 tacos as some sort of a value deal, regardless of what your intention was, and thus might get upset over your pricing structure. Much better if you added a column showing their savings over buying 3 separate tacos, with those I named showing no savings. That way there's no misunderstanding.

Don't mean to sound too critical, but your menu board IMHO is absolutely horrible. It's way too complicated. It's great that you want to explain your concept, but I think it should be done separately from the menu. It took me forever to find what I wanted simply because the board is too cluttered and not easy to read. I know Mexican food and want a simple menu I can quickly glance at and pinpoint immediately what I want without reading everything else. If I'm a repeat customer then I'll know the menu and it won't be a problem but for a first timer it's simply overwhelming. For example, I wanted to order a single taco to try it out, but only could see your "3 tacos" option. When I scan a menu I don't read completely each item, just the first word. For your single tacos, you list them as "One taco", which I passed over because I was trying to quickly find the word "Taco" in the first word of the menu item. Not to mention it's on a totally separate section of the menu board from the "3 tacos". I want to see all the tacos together, all the burritos together, etc, not separated.

I totally disagree with your 3-tacos concept. I don't think I've ever ordered three tacos in my entire life. I usually order one or two, plus something else. But then maybe I'm just weird. You seem to be hung up on the 3-tacos based on what you've said and based on your menu board design. For me that's a real turnoff. I don't want to be steered or pressured towards 3-tacos if that's not what I want.

Anyways, tried your food for the second time and while I do admit it does taste fresh, it's just not totally geared to my tastebuds I guess. The vast majority though seem to love it, so I wouldn't change your taste based on a few oddball customers such as myself.

Good luck to you, and I'll probably stop in occasionally, though certainly not very often.

Thanks for the good luck.

We get around ten or so people a day that order less than three tacos. Quite a few (maybe 50 or so) order different types of fillings and combinations so they are not hung up on the price for three tacos with one filling. It so happens that 4 out of the 6 taco combinations are a discount and two types., chicken and ground beef are the same as one taco... three tacos for 117 baht.

Menu design is different in the pamphlet for those that don't get the system. This goes more with what you like to see.... tacos in the taco section. Most get the menuboard and if they don't we explain it and then they say "Ohhhhh I get it" they order and chow down.

Thanks for your post and hope to see you.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Well, I have finally been in to Sunrise. Greg was there when I was and being his usual cheerful self which is nice.

I have no issues with the burritos at all. They seeme quite lovely and far better than what I have come to expect in Thailand for sure. They're not Carnitas Michoachan in East LA, but then again, few places are anyway.

So the burritos pass the grade.

The tacos are another matter. I'm not sure of the reason for the corn tortillas you have chosen, but honestly, it reminds me more of something you would buy in a packet at a supermarket than what I have experienced of the tortillas for tacos before. The corn itself is such an integral part to a taco that this simply ruins it for me. Are there simply no options for corn flour here?

At any rate, perhaps if you at least offered the more traditional version of corn tortillas as well, then I my own selfish self would of course be thoroughly pleased.

Best of luck and I am sure it will continue to evolve as you go along.

Dr. B

Thanks for stopping by.

The tacos are another matter. I'm not sure of the reason for the corn tortillas you have chosen, but honestly, it reminds me more of something you would buy in a packet at a supermarket than what I have experienced of the tortillas for tacos before. The corn itself is such an integral part to a taco that this simply ruins it for me. Are there simply no options for corn flour here?
Not sure how you could ever get that impression as we make the corn tortillas ourselves with 100% fresh corn. Nothiong else except salt. Next time you are in the store I'll be happy to show you the whole process from the corn soaking with lime to grinding it to make the maza, to the cooking of the 100% ground corn to the deep frying to make the hard shell.
At any rate, perhaps if you at least offered the more traditional version of corn tortillas as well, then I my own selfish self would of course be thoroughly pleased.

You mean soft corn tacos?

This option is available along with soft flour tacos.

You can see the soft corn tortillas in the picture in Skippers post? Notice when you enlarge the picture how the tortilla has a slightly edge. This is from our staff using a 6 inch bowl and removing the pressed out dough that is around the bowl before frying it on a comal.

It should have been offered to you. Next time you are in the store, I’ll have you smell the soft corn tortilla. It’s unlike any store bought tortilla ever. ( To be frank store bought tacos are terrible as they have chemicals. With ours you will smell the fresh smell of corn. We use 100% fresh corn and a tad bit of salt that’s it.)

Our tacos are usually raved about. Not sure what happen but try them again. Odds are high it was a one off as we use humans instead of machines. Sorry to hear your first experience with our tortilla was not of our high standards.

Regards

Greg

www.sunrisetacos.com

Hi Greg,

Not referring to hard shell tortillas, rather the soft ones. I think the corn used more regularly is a maize of a white variety, simply a different kind of corn and as such different corn flour then.

Doing a bit of research on the net, they talk about tortilla flour on Wikipedia a bit and one variety called Maseca Masa Mix and a lovely bit of tortilla love at Lo Mexicana

I'm not sure, but I think it might be as simple as a white varietal of corn rather than a yellow, though generally, yellow corn is more lended to animal feed than not, unless it is sweet corn, which might be the reason for the sweet taste of the tortillas even before you start.

But anyway, I am probably not the majority of the people coming in.

Dr. B