Five Chinese men arrested with 182 fake credit cards

rooster59

Five Chinese men arrested with 182 fake credit cards

BANGKOK: Crime Suppression Division Police have arrested five Chinese men for having allegedly used fake credit cards to shop in Bangkok, causing damages worth over Bt180 million.

The arrest of Zu Jian, 42, Cui Yuanchang, 31, Tan Guo Ping, 40, Zhu Guo Ping, 53, and Liu Shijin, 42 was announced at a press conference at the CSD head office Sunday.

CSD officers seized 182 fake credit cards, credit-card charging device, six electronic card readers and three devices for printing credit card faces.

Police alleged that the five stole others' credit card information via Internet to make fake cards for shopping in Thailand and have allegedly caused damages worth over Bt180 million.

They were arrested on Friday after the CSD was alerted that two of them used two fake credit cards to buy gold ornaments at a gold shop in Big C Rajdamri shopping mall.

Police arrested Zu at the scene while the other fled the scene. Information from Zu led police to arrest the three suspects others at the Tivoli Hotel on Soi Sathorn 1.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Five-Chinese-men-arrested-with-182-fake-credit-car-30276050.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2016-01-03

"Five Chinese men arrested with 182 fake credit cards"

And indicating those kind of incidencts, by kissing up to big brother China, our current regime, shouldn't be surprised to "accidentally leak in" more of such back stabbing bastards rats from mainland China...

'Police alleged that the five stole others' credit card information via Internet to make fake cards for shopping in Thailand and have allegedly caused damages worth over Bt180 million.'

Busy boys, that's over 5 million dollars.

And 1 million baht per card. You'd think the credit card company would take at least a little notice that someone has rung up over a million baht in fraudulent charges. I know my phone would be getting texted off the hook if it happened on one of my cards.

These quality tourists won't be seeing China again.

Actually I think the real punishment awaits them in China.

Yep, a slap on the wrist and 500 Baht aka ( *calculated amount* of Yuan <-too lazy to calculate this now)

Question: how did they get the equipment out of China and into Thailand? Or did they purchase said devices locally?

I suspect there is more to this story.

Pssssshht, no details to be revealed. Mutual attempt from both parties to save face in disguise....ph34r.pngph34r.png

'Police alleged that the five stole others' credit card information via Internet to make fake cards for shopping in Thailand and have allegedly caused damages worth over Bt180 million.'

Busy boys, that's over 5 million dollars.

And 1 million baht per card. You'd think the credit card company would take at least a little notice that someone has rung up over a million baht in fraudulent charges. I know my phone would be getting texted off the hook if it happened on one of my cards.

It said they had 182 cards responsible for 180mil baht so that could be 989k baht or $27,500.00 usd each. Not that much for high limit card holders.

These quality tourists won't be seeing China again.

Actually I think the real punishment awaits them in China.

why? Lock them up in BANGKOK hilton

Nah mate... send them back to China. If anything good happens the Chinese authorities will want to save face with Thailand. They will be executed for bringing China into disrepute...

Good on the Thais for getting onto it though. Plenty of more work to do.

Chinese tourists arrested for shopping for gold with fake credit cards

17.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Five Chinese tourists were arrested by Crime Suppression Division (CSD) police after they used fake credit cards and fake passports to shop for gold and jewellery in Bangkok.

Their shopping spree was said to cause damage of up to 180 million baht to businesses and real credit card holders in China.

CSD identified the five Chinese suspects as Zu Jian, 42, Tan Guo Ping, 40, Cui Yuanchang, 31, Liu Shijin, 42 and Zhu Guo Ping, 53 at a press conference at the CSD head office yesterday.

A total of 182 fake credit cards, six electronic card readers, card printing and coating device, three computer notebooks and 11 passport books were seized.

CSD deputy commander Pol Col Pantanat Nuchanart said all the suspects came into Thailand using tourist visas.

They brought along all information of credit card holders in China to print credit cards and forge passports to buy jewellery and gold in Thailand.

These suspects would then sell their gold and jewellery for cash and then destroy all the fake cards and send the money back to China.

He said Thai Interpol were in coordination with the Chinese authorities to trace the money.

A bank executive for computer crime advised the people in case they use credit cards to shop.

Shoppers must keep watch on their cards to prevent others from stealing information in the cards to make fake cards.

According to CSD police, the five stole others’ credit card information via Internet to make fake cards for shopping in Thailand

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chinese-tourists-arrested-for-shopping-for-gold-with-fake-credit-cards

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-04

Wife made a card purchase at Banana IT last week. The cashier asked to see her Thai ID. That is the first time I've ever seen a cashier do that here and thought it quite good.

A few times over the years, a cashier would refuse to make the transaction if we hadn't signed the back of the card. I usually just smile at that, and sign the card, and off she goes......

Anyway, well done to the CSD boys. 5 down, _?_ to go.

I have often given the maid a credit card to go shopping for stuff , never had an issue yet...

Even though it says MR. in front of my farang name and the signatures obviously wouldn't match they don't seem to know or care about card fraud here

I have often given the maid a credit card to go shopping for stuff , never had an issue yet...

Even though it says MR. in front of my farang name and the signatures obviously wouldn't match they don't seem to know or care about card fraud here

The "maid". Well what a lo-so person you are, even my cat has a Black Amex card.

;-)

;-)

one Racist post hidden

Nothing racist about being race specific...

The post was racist. A pathetic attempt at humour that contained none. Casual bigotry attempting to appear clever while exposing nothing but ignorance and prejudice.

Archived