webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy New Year...was probably all they were trying to express. wai2.gif

Girls just want to have fun,

and since a lot of men walk into banks,

shopping centers, and restaurants without their shirts on,

it should be allowed for the women to do the same, no?

I'm hopeful we can agree it's a better view on the women side gigglem.gif

after seeing some western women walking about here i would not only prefer them to keep there clothes on but to wear a face mask as well

I see many MANY more Western men 'walking about here' who are, shall we say, not particularly pleasing on the eye, but no one ever talks about that on this forum. Can't stink why? Defensiveness?

To get a job, respect from employees, friends, etc.... THEY GOOGLE YOUR NAME.

This will come up.

They broke the law......broke the law!!!! I'm sure in your world, that's fine....so let your kids walk around naked....and see what happens. you will be disgraced as well at work, in your neighborhood, bad parents.....

this video will stay with them forever....

paris hilton had massive cash to fall back on....big, big difference. these kids will need money

if you want to focus on bigger problems.....fly to North Korea and try to help

exactly

Get a bloody grip .. coffee1.gif

A lesson in Thai what ?

Those policemen obviously don't know that actual Thai traditional culture never had any problem with toplessness.

This particular brand of ridiculous and hypocritical prudery was imported from the West, along with quite a few other ridiculous and hypocritical concepts.

Now that the government is quite openly xenophobic, at least it could try to do one positive thing : get rid of such concepts, where/ and whenever possible.

'The two woemn receive a lesson in Thai culture from a female police officer.' Presumably, the Thai sex industry didn't feature in the lecture?

Thailand has no sex industry. Only temples, beaches, supreme culture and best food in the world. And of course a top-notch police force to look after our wellbeing. All together: WE'RE NOT WORTHY!

The

Happy New Year...was probably all they were trying to express. wai2.gif

Girls just want to have fun,

and since a lot of men walk into banks,

shopping centers, and restaurants without their shirts on,

it should be allowed for the women to do the same, no?

I'm hopeful we can agree it's a better view on the women side gigglem.gif

after seeing some western women walking about here i would not only prefer them to keep there clothes on but to wear a face mask as well

555. Not only western women! There are some ugly women here too. Have a look in any Tesco's or Big C's any day of the week. Shocking!

I suppose your the spitting image of Brad Pitt

just typical arrogant stupid foreigners in Southeast Asia. This seems to be the new normal. 500 baht is a joke. Should be 50,000 baht maybe they would GET IT!

This will come up.

They broke the law......broke the law!!!! I'm sure in your world, that's fine....so let your kids walk around naked....and see what happens. you will be disgraced as well at work, in your neighborhood, bad parents.....

paris hilton had massive cash to fall back on....big, big difference. these kids will need money

exactly

Most countries have brothels. Do women walk around topless ? no! just another lame excuse from sex tourists/alcoholics

Thailand is the world's biggest brothel, an now this! Pure hypocrisy, covered by "Thai culture".

The illusion of an anonymous fling whilst far from home, can be hard to resist, especially in a party town like patong... I would bet that they would never have envisaged the social exploitation that they may well face... Or they may chalk it down to a mild indiscretion whilst on a very hot island and in a carefree atmosphere, never to be repeated ( expats know that this is untrue, but the message isn't getting out there, thank Buddha, as Thais are very proper and discreet).

Men used to be encouraged to go forth and sow there wild oats... So perhaps now it's the women's turn... After all, emancipation for women wasn't that long ago, in the greater scheme of things

And with the amount of sexploitation on the net, these girls, who appeared on a very dodgy and unclear video, have very little to worry about IMO.... And what's In a name... So many people have he same name so it's easy to blame someone else.

Personally, as I have said before, it's was a dangerous thing to do... Hark back a couple of days to the poor pissed lass who fell from a tuk tuk.... And I would still, by far, wish that they would enforce males to cover up, as no one wants to see that blubber fest!

This will come up.

exactly

Out of curiosity, I googled my name, and all I got was a page of tax file numbers and payment status to the dirty rotten tax man... This will blow over and be forgotten very quickly, as there are many more serious things to rip to pieces

Traditional Thai culture views topless dress as normal and acceptable, until Thailand began appropriating foreign customs.. For even more education, ask any historian knowledgeable about Thai culture. Now the shoe is on the other foot; another U-turn to notch up for the record. On the other hand, the law is in place to prevent this public nudity and the foolish tourists' offense against society

Many on this board can care less . Why ? They have the belief i can do as i damn please here. Having girly bars is a lame excuse. many countries have. does that mean women can walk around topless or nude in public? No. Typical stupid response from bar stool idiots.

There is such a thing as proper decorum and manners- which many on this board have forgotten. You want to parade around in the nude- do it in private or If I want to see it I shall go to a place that allows it and that place is not the street of a city -even a tourist city.

They do this deliberately to gain publicity, get themselves a name on the media and show off to their mates. To them it`s just a laugh and the 500 baht fine means nothing, money well spent as far as they are concerned.

A prison sentence or a heavy fine would have been more appropriate otherwise this behavior is going to gain more popularity in the future.

LOL... and who really cares?

Archived