Topless foreign tourists educated, fined by Phuket police

webfact

Wonder how the thai culture education went with the RTP, Look girls we know we have wall to wall prostitution, gogo bars, pingpong shows, lady boys piercing tourists heads open with high heels but a western tart flashing her tits is a complete no go. dont you know just wearing a bikini on the beach here could get you raped and murdered, our boss said so.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish all those fat men with their tits hanging down would be fined 500 Baht and told to cover up.

I have been living on my boat in Antibes harbour where the ( quality) tourists were warned by panels of a possible 20€ fine for walking shirtless in town.

Happy New Year...was probably all they were trying to express. wai2.gif

Girls just want to have fun,

and since a lot of men walk into banks,

shopping centers, and restaurants without their shirts on,

it should be allowed for the women to do the same, no?

I'm hopeful we can agree it's a better view on the women side gigglem.gif

after seeing some western women walking about here i would not only prefer them to keep there clothes on but to wear a face mask as well

555. Not only western women! There are some ugly women here too. Have a look in any Tesco's or Big C's any day of the week. Shocking!

It is right and proper that they were fined because they are clearly in breach of PM Prayut's guidelines that only ugly farang women should wear bikinis or face being raped and murdered by lusty Thai men. Toplessness should require even more stringent standards of ugliness for farang women but even young and pretty Thai women may display their breasts freely without fear in sex venues that pay the requisite fees to the RTP.

What a travesty... I reckon it should be encouraged... Well maybe not in that dangerous fashion, but certainly on beachs etc

IMO, the topless people needing fining are the multitude of overweight fatasses (males) getting about on scooters every single day in Phuket.... They are quite disturbing to behold!

Happy New Year...was probably all they were trying to express. :wai2:

Girls just want to have fun,

and since a lot of men walk into banks,

shopping centers, and restaurants without their shirts on,

it should be allowed for the women to do the same, no?

I'm hopeful we can agree it's a better view on the women side :gigglem:

Or visa versa, and the men have to dress with a top on in the same way as females in these areas. That will apply to men whom the Thais call "Katoe kwai" as well. What a brilliant description.

Adjarn? Me thinks not.

If it was in a temple, ok, but fining some tourists having fun after drinking is double standard at it's best again.
It's a tourist island. When a country decides to make their money from tourism they should be aware that this will mean giving up their old prudish life style.

It's not possible to be a beach island and only expect 'normal' tourists to visit. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Women who are showing their breasts without asking for money was probably too shocking, 555

...and in the next soi more than bare breast are on show for a few purple notes....the culture and religion are no excuse any more Thailand...the Western world know already why the most sold product at 7-eleven are kondoms and they are not hanging in the car mirror as decoration

Fascinating how they named both gals yet many Thai felons go unnamed in articles about serious crimes they commit.

And talk about the police wasting their time? I guess the 1000 baht fine was probably worth her while. Not a bad days pay.

Thailand is the world's biggest brothel, an now this! Pure hypocrisy, covered by "Thai culture".

Well, I happen to see the video and am surprised, that these two girls got all the attention.

Just wondering what is going on in all this go-go bars in Patong, Patpong and Walking street. I, for one, saw considerably juicier stuff than these two twenagers hanging out of a CRV with a bottle of water while inching its way through Patong.

Guess it has to do with work permits; as the bust in Pattaya's best known Russian/Uzbekistani Go-Go bar proved giggle.gif So we all know now, have work permit and plenty of cash - no promprem!

There is a difference between street exposure and indoor / club sex shows. Thai society as a whole does not appreciate nudity and any sexual display in public. Not so long ago, a couple walking hand in hand in public was a no-no. The fact that many tourists and seems that most TVF members are frequent patrons of the sex industry venues, does not mean that this is the real Thailand. BTW - the actual exposure is illegal even in those venues, and I assume the main reason police are willing to look to the other side most of the time (no, not because of the envelopes) is that the only people that are able to see it are those who actually seek it, while on the street nudity expose it to those who really don't want to see it to. BTW - leaning out of the car the way that girl did in the pic would get her (and probably the driver too) into trouble in most western countries as well.

Besides, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

As for naming / shaming the girls - I am yet to see an article about police arrest without names. The only times names are withheld are when the culprits are minors.

I have no idea why every time there is a story about the police doing something, there are so many posts asking "why have they acted on this offence while there are still so many other wrongs happen all the time". The police go after and catch drug dealers and traffickers, they go after traffic violators and they do investigate many other crimes all the time. I guess in your home countries police is doing a better job? And there are no more crimes??

It may be a tourist area but it is against the law to expose oneself in public- The same rule applies on the beach in Los Angeles, Ca; Acupulco, Mexico and many other spots around the World. these girls are stupid- one day they may need a job- and their prospective employer will be harpy to see their bodies via the internet and pass on their hiring. In the US, you could be arrested for indecent exposure and in same jurisdictions you end up having to register as a sex offender. you rarely see Thai women- even bar workers- expose themselves in public. Tourists need to respect the culture of the country they are in or find somewhere else to parade about in the nude.

If it was in a temple, ok, but fining some tourists having fun after drinking is double standard at it's best again.

It's a tourist island. When a country decides to make their money from tourism they should be aware that this will mean giving up their old prudish life style.

It's not possible to be a beach island and only expect 'normal' tourists to visit. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Women who are showing their breasts without asking for money was probably too shocking, 555

si fueris Rōmae, Rōmānō vīvitō mōre; si fueris alibī, vīvitō sicut ibi ‎(“if you should be in Rome, live in the Roman manner; if you should be elsewhere, live as they do there”)

Thailand is a major tourist destination for people to see Thailand and the Thai people - as they are. Thailand encourage it and sure, benefit from it. What Thailand has to do (and actually doing it) is make sure there is enough accommodation to cater for tourists, there are enough food places, lots of activities and so on. It is not in their interest nor duty to change their beliefs or "giving up their old prudish life style" for this. I am sure that when you have guests staying at your home they also have to adhere to your house rules

How, pray, were they educated?

Well, i heard that on their way out the door one officer shouted, Oh and dont forget to remind that driver of yours not to honk the horn, makes van driver go into a fit of rage, they jump out the van with a knife and get stabby stabby, cost the last poor bloke more than 2000bht.

There is such a thing as proper decorum and manners- which many on this board have forgotten. You want to parade around in the nude- do it in private or If I want to see it I shall go to a place that allows it and that place is not the street of a city -even a tourist city.

Introduced to this entitled, privileged, feminazi type on a Mexican public beach (away from the glitzy tourist area) about 25 years ago, where a couple of these self-announced #10s swayed and jiggled, pranced and strutted their uncovered stuff up and down the beach, ignoring completely the stunned local Mexicans who, on a family outing to one of the few untouristed beaches remaining in the town, quickly packed up their youngsters and cleared out.

Of course, one doesn't interfere and risk vilification, being branded a male chauvinist piggy, or risk a demonstration on your door step by the sisterhood..

Australian or Austrian a bit of confusion here

Where is the confusion?

Is it perhaps because you expected ( preconceived expectation) it of an Aussie? Go Aussie go!

Actually... To be truthful... I did expect it to be an Aussi, too, and was a wee bit disappointed to read Austrian.

Seetheboobs@ Bangkok coconuts.co

Australian or Austrian a bit of confusion here

Where is the confusion?

Is it perhaps because you expected ( preconceived expectation) it of an Aussie? Go Aussie go!

Actually... To be truthful... I did expect it to be an Aussi, too, and was a wee bit disappointed to read Austrian.

Seetheboobs@ Bangkok coconuts.co

Aaaahhhem....Austrian girls?...Well now......let me tell you a thing or 2 about free spirited Austrian girls on vacation......

Cheers

Archived