Man arrested in Phuket in connection with attempted rape of Russian girl, 8

webfact

Man arrested in Phuket in connection with attempted rape of Russian girl, 8
Darawan Naknakhon

1451888100_1-org.jpg
Wutthichai has initially been charged with attempted rape of a minor under 13 years old and committing an indecent act with a minor.

PHUKET: -- Police have arrested a 30-year-old Trang man in connection with the alleged attempted rape of an eight-year-old Russian tourist at a hotel in Karon on Saturday (Jan 2).

Pol Lt Nipon Temsang received a phone call from a member of staff of a hotel in Karon on Saturday stating that their Russian guest, Mr Pavee Laboshkin, had told them that a Thai man had attempted to rape his eight-year-old daughter after approaching her while she played on a computer on the ground floor of the hotel.

Mr Pavee said that while his daughter was using the computer a man came to talk to her and lured her to another room an attempted to rape her.

According to Mr Pavee, other guests at the hotel heard screams coming from the room so they broke in and saw a man escaping through a window. CCTV footage from the hotel shows a man coming to talk to the girl.

The man, Wutthichai Srithai, 30, was previously employed by the hotel as a mechanic but has since left. However, his wife is still employed there.

Police spoke to Wutthichai’s wife who told them that he was at their home in Moo 5, Srisoonthon, Thalang at the time of the attack.

When questioned by police, Wutthichai denied the allegations made against him and told police that he had only gone to the hotel to pick up his wife. He said that he had seen the girl playing on a computer but did not talk to her.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-arrested-in-phuket-in-connection-with-attempted-rape-of-russian-girl-8-55663.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-04

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His wife may well have thought he was at home... If she hadn't seen him, then that was a truth too her.... So let's not nail her to any walls just yet.

The supplied link does indeed say that this b#%£rd admitted to it.... So... Let's hope we see equal justice for all.... resulting in a sentence like that given to the two Myanmarians. ( maximum available under law)

In Oz, if the guy ended up inside, one foot out of protective custody ( protective custody whilst in jail!) into general population ( druggies, thieves and murderers etc) and he would probably end up dead... Which would be a good outcome IMHO.

If guilty then he is a sick bastard ...

However, Chief of Karon Police Col Sompong Boonrat told The Phuket News today (Jan 4) that after being shown the CCTV footage of him talking to the girl he admitted that he had taken the girl to another room and attempted to rape her.

Will we have some confident "leader" sitting with a stupid smile in front of international cameras now stating that "Thais would never do such a thing..." and that "the girl was at fault herself, because she wore sexy clothing and looked cute", to round out the media coverage in reference to the great and ever surprising "Discover Thailand" media campaign?

Before I get slagged off too much by anyone reading this, I stress that if the man is guilty, he should have his balls sawn off with a rusty farm implement.

Even after a fair few years in Thailand though, I think that there is something very wrong about the police posting pictures of accused prior to any evidence being found.

I spent thirty years in the police in England, constantly railing against the restrictions imposed on us, and the liberal/lefty "justice" system. But even I could never have advocated a situation where someone could be arrested, called a paedo, and had his photo plastered all over the media, unless there was a bit of substantiated evidence.

Before I get slagged off too much by anyone reading this, I stress that if the man is guilty, he should have his balls sawn off with a rusty farm implement.

Even after a fair few years in Thailand though, I think that there is something very wrong about the police posting pictures of accused prior to any evidence being found.

I spent thirty years in the police in England, constantly railing against the restrictions imposed on us, and the liberal/lefty "justice" system. But even I could never have advocated a situation where someone could be arrested, called a paedo, and had his photo plastered all over the media, unless there was a bit of substantiated evidence.

"after being shown the CCTV footage of him talking to the girl he admitted that he had taken the girl to another room and attempted to rape her."

Is that evidence enough?

How about video evidence ?? Various news reports that when confronted by the CCTV evidence then he confessed.

But I guess we will never read any follow up to this news story - as usual ...

I remind my daughter...that in this current amoral world...it is not safe to leave her daughter alone without the supervision of a mature woman...no place is really safe...it is a sign of the lax moral climate...the anything goes mentality...kids are at risk...both boys and girls...IMHO

I remind my daughter...that in this current amoral world...it is not safe to leave her daughter alone without the supervision of a mature woman...no place is really safe...it is a sign of the lax moral climate...the anything goes mentality...kids are at risk...both boys and girls...IMHO

Most rapes and murder of children happen with family members.

nothing to do with current moral climate... the old greeks liked kiddies, the catholics did, the muslims did, buddhists did. many cultures - including SE asian - STILL believe sex with very young virgins is even healthy, prosperous, curing (against aids, good for libido), etc. the problem is not the moral climate (lol!) but our kind (in this case the male kind). most guys in thailand i know have had sex with young girls (13-15 years old). they will even talk about it nostalgically as the current moral climate makes it more difficult to find girls of that age [in brothels] (of course still available from Laos, Bpama and Khmen, just check TVF news). in the 90s i was traveling long time in Africa, remote, and have been offered girls of 12-14 year old by their own fathers (or uncles, sometimes hard to tell there). i'm glad i was too misanthropic to feel any "temptation"................. and it didn't get any better ever since coffee1.gif

edit/ps. i have no kids hence i rarely feel worried.

nothing to do with current moral climate... the old greeks liked kiddies, the catholics did, the muslims did, buddhists did. many cultures - including SE asian - STILL believe sex with very young virgins is even healthy, prosperous, curing (against aids, good for libido), etc. the problem is not the moral climate (lol!) but our kind (in this case the male kind). most guys in thailand i know have had sex with young girls (13-15 years old). they will even talk about it nostalgically as the current moral climate makes it more difficult to find girls of that age [in brothels] (of course still available from Laos, Bpama and Khmen, just check TVF news). in the 90s i was traveling long time in Africa, remote, and have been offered girls of 12-14 year old by their own fathers (or uncles, sometimes hard to tell there). i'm glad i was too misanthropic to feel any "temptation"................. and it didn't get any better ever since coffee1.gif

edit/ps. i have no kids hence i rarely feel worried.

Lets hope that most guys you know.....who where nostalgically telling you about sex with the underaged....are not friends of you.

Archived