Man arrested in Phuket in connection with attempted rape of Russian girl, 8

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former hotel employee confesses to attempted rape of 8-year-old tourist
Phuket Gazette

8.jpeg
Wuttichai Srithai admitted to the attempted rape of an 8-year-old Russian tourist at a Karon hotel on Friday. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Trang man confessed to police that he attempted to rape an 8-year-old Russian tourist on Friday.

Karon Police confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that former hotel employee Wuttichai Srithai, 30, admitted to coaxing the girl into a room after seeing her playing on a computer on the ground floor of the hotel.

Police declined to name the hotel.

“The girl shouted for help. Passersby heard her call and were able to break open the door,” said Lt Nipon Temsung of the Karon Police. “The suspect immediately fled the scene on his motorcycle.”

Hotel staff were able to confirm Mr Wuttichai’s identity using CCTV footage and informed police that his wife was currently employed at the hotel’s restaurant.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Former-hotel-employee-confesses-attempted-rape-8yearold/62787?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-05

Before I get slagged off too much by anyone reading this, I stress that if the man is guilty, he should have his balls sawn off with a rusty farm implement.

Even after a fair few years in Thailand though, I think that there is something very wrong about the police posting pictures of accused prior to any evidence being found.

I spent thirty years in the police in England, constantly railing against the restrictions imposed on us, and the liberal/lefty "justice" system. But even I could never have advocated a situation where someone could be arrested, called a paedo, and had his photo plastered all over the media, unless there was a bit of substantiated evidence.

Fully agree with you on this one, having done 30 years as a policeman myself. A case needs to be thoroughly investigated, suspect properly arrested, evidence impartially presented, case fairly judged and any appeal shown to be completely groundless. Police should have no part in any publicity; leave that to politicians.

Sadly it seems that many think the job is done now an arrest is made and a 'confession' gained. This process benefits no society whatsoever.

Funny how we are so quick to assume that he has actually admitted this offence just because its reported that way. The Koh Tao boys admitted the offence but so many were quick to believe the police tortured them to get the confession, but we are prepared to believe that this guy just said "ok, you got me, i did it" without any assistance from the officers in the room.

I am not saying he is innocent and I am not saying he is guilty, It is far too soon to make assumptions. I am saying that either we trust the police and the judicial system or we don't, if you want to say that the police and judicial system is corrupt and fit up innocent people then by extension you have to apply that to this man... if not, then you must accept the Kho Tao judgement!

Before I get slagged off too much by anyone reading this, I stress that if the man is guilty, he should have his balls sawn off with a rusty farm implement.

Even after a fair few years in Thailand though, I think that there is something very wrong about the police posting pictures of accused prior to any evidence being found.

I spent thirty years in the police in England, constantly railing against the restrictions imposed on us, and the liberal/lefty "justice" system. But even I could never have advocated a situation where someone could be arrested, called a paedo, and had his photo plastered all over the media, unless there was a bit of substantiated evidence.

Fully agree with you on this one, having done 30 years as a policeman myself. A case needs to be thoroughly investigated, suspect properly arrested, evidence impartially presented, case fairly judged and any appeal shown to be completely groundless. Police should have no part in any publicity; leave that to politicians.

Sadly it seems that many think the job is done now an arrest is made and a 'confession' gained. This process benefits no society whatsoever.

NO evidence ? plenty it sounds to me, people breaking the door open to see him there with the girl,, CCTV footage, and he has confessed to doing it..

Just not been to court yet ... I love they way they put these <deleted> photos in the paper so everyone can see who it is.. Where I come from he would get name suppression and now one knows who does this shit !!!

All parents feel safe and good in Thailand, never trust the hotel staff indeed in any part of the world. Parents have to be watchful where the children are playing, where they are going and especially whom are interacting with them including the fellow guests and staff. Parents have to be watchful when they go to public rest rooms in hotels, also around swimming pools, and of course they should know where their child is playing, never leave them alone in rooms, because most of the staff have access to the rooms with duplicate keys. Having a 8 year Girl one should be more careful enough to keep the child safely. World is not safe anymore.

Thailand is relatively safe, but parents should have extra cautious to safeguard their child.

Is castration an option for the prosecution?

Castration would not avoid a repetition.... Gelding would be more effective in reducing the risk of re-offending!

Yeah, come out now all you people with death penalty or cruel tortures to someone who might be not guilty.

Head off first then ask....that's the motto of majority here.

Post edited for font & off topic.

LK

NO evidence ? plenty it sounds to me, people breaking the door open to see him there with the girl,, CCTV footage, and he has confessed to doing it..

Just not been to court yet ... I love they way they put these <deleted> photos in the paper so everyone can see who it is.. Where I come from he would get name suppression and now one knows who does this shit !!!

there is a great program on in USA lately.

"Making a Murderer"

it is worth a watch.

Funny how we are so quick to assume that he has actually admitted this offence just because its reported that way. The Koh Tao boys admitted the offence but so many were quick to believe the police tortured them to get the confession, but we are prepared to believe that this guy just said "ok, you got me, i did it" without any assistance from the officers in the room.

I am not saying he is innocent and I am not saying he is guilty, It is far too soon to make assumptions. I am saying that either we trust the police and the judicial system or we don't, if you want to say that the police and judicial system is corrupt and fit up innocent people then by extension you have to apply that to this man... if not, then you must accept the Kho Tao judgement!

Sure - no difference getting caught red handed vs. the farce so widely distributed in the media facepalm.gif

I remind my daughter...that in this current amoral world...it is not safe to leave her daughter alone without the supervision of a mature woman...no place is really safe...it is a sign of the lax moral climate...the anything goes mentality...kids are at risk...both boys and girls...IMHO

nothing to do with current moral climate... the old greeks liked kiddies, the catholics did, the muslims did, buddhists did. many cultures - including SE asian - STILL believe sex with very young virgins is even healthy, prosperous, curing (against aids, good for libido), etc. the problem is not the moral climate (lol!) but our kind (in this case the male kind). most guys in thailand i know have had sex with young girls (13-15 years old). they will even talk about it nostalgically as the current moral climate makes it more difficult to find girls of that age [in brothels] (of course still available from Laos, Bpama and Khmen, just check TVF news). in the 90s i was traveling long time in Africa, remote, and have been offered girls of 12-14 year old by their own fathers (or uncles, sometimes hard to tell there). i'm glad i was too misanthropic to feel any "temptation"................. and it didn't get any better ever since coffee1.gif

edit/ps. i have no kids hence i rarely feel worried.

This was a Thai offender not an old Greek !

Despite all those do-gooders out there; there is a justified range of misbehaviour which call for the death sentence. In this particular case sterilise the bastard otherwise we shall be reading about this bloke anytime soon again - most likely with the news that he achieved his goal!

Castration would not avoid a repetition.... Gelding would be more effective in reducing the risk of re-offending!

I understand that 'gelding' is removal of the testes (balls). I think castration is the same thing. After all, a gelding racehorse still has his peeing equipment, but no longer interested in being a father, to put it politely.

Sheep, cattle pigs are castrated.

Google says:

Castration (also known as gonadectomy) is any action, surgical, chemical, or otherwise, by which a biological male loses use of the testicles.

A gelding is a castrated horse or other equine, such as a donkey or a mule. Castration, and the elimination of hormonally driven behavior associated with a stallion, allows a male horse to be calmer and better-behaved, making the animal quieter, gentler and potentially more suitable as an everyday working animal.

Sure - no difference getting caught red handed vs. the farce so widely distributed in the media facepalm.gif

Hmmm let me see, on what evidence do you assume he was caught red handed.... the media !

Castration means that the patient can no longer reproduce. It will not stop him raping if he is that way inclined.

You clearly do not understand the consequences of castration, LoongJohn....... No testes, no testosterone, no sex drive.....

Not to be confused with vasectomy....

Archived