Thai organic permaculture farms - to visit and/or volunteer ?

I'm visiting Thailand.., (+some surrounding countries) this April > July and I'm very interested in visiting and even undertaking volunteer work on Organic/Permaculture small holdings. I would love to learn what is possible there..., with a possible future goal of becoming 'involved' on some level, in a (semi?)sustainable small scale holding. I admit I have no concrete plans as yet.., just like the chance to experience what is possible there.

About me; I'm a male of nearly 60 y/o...., fit, healthy, civilised and educated..., I currently own and live on 8 acres in S/W Australia..., have done for more than 30 years building up a small holding from scratch to now supplying almost all our food needs. I certainly don't want to sell up completely and move to LOS..., but as I've travelled in S/E Asia a fair bit over the years and love the food and climate..., I like the idea of spending the Aussie winters up there..., learning and being productive.

Can anyone here help me with advice and information ?

Theoretically you can't even volunteer without a work permit. There are a few organic farms around, google Pattaya organic food. Then there is (seriously) 'Cabbages and condoms', they do a good job apparently.

• 2 months later...

Just make your travel plans; go around the country side with a trusted Thai speaker; you will find endless opportunities, Thai and foreign.

SD is correct. My wife must belong to at least 12 Thai based groups dealing with organic farming. Unless you read and speak Thai your lost. Yesterday we visited two organic farm in our area and we have plans of seeing two more Wednesday.

• 2 months later...

I have a workaway profile which I've talked to many farms on. If you had no luck otherwise, it's worth a shot. We wanted to get a wooof profile, but they charge like 50USD and they don't have couples profiles. They mentioned they can give free membership to those with low income, but I'm not sure quite how they do that. We are going to thailand soon, so if anyone else knows of farms they have not yet posted, please do! Thank you for sharing!

Archived