Sony A7R II price in Bangkok?

Being made in Thailand is no guarantee of availability. The various tax breaks companies get from the BOI for producing in Thailand usually includes a requirement that production will be exported. Items for the local market have to go through a process in order to be released locally for sale.

AVcamera is the best place to find any new camera; they seem to get a supply long before the regular outlets. And they will send to Pattaya overnight.

The A7 II is 59,990, I think you'll find the A7R II will be a lot more. Over 100,000฿ would be my guess.

Edit: looks like it's listed at 109,000฿

Yes they have it listed at 109,990 ($3,081) which is not bad really considering the cheapest grey markets have it at $2,800

I am guessing avcamera would have the one year Sony thai warranty? Even the sony shop does not sell this camera down here.

Seems the pro's are really praising this camera as being revolutionary for a camera at this price point.

I got talked out of buying the A7R II just recently, instead I brought the Nikon 810.

You cant really go wrong with an 810. I'm not a sony fanboy but I am surprised someone talked you out of it if they really know the the Ar72. Basically the pro's say to stick with your Nikon or Cannon if you already have their glass even though the Sony does work well with those lenses with the meta-bones adapter now. Also if you don't trust shooting to just one memory card or don't like changing batteries more often with the sony. Or if you need a special lens for a particular application as the sony/ziese lens range is more limited. Some photographs just want to stick with what they are familiar with too.

The 810 does have a sony sensor and the engineer team at sony are younger and working under a philosophy to evolve quickly to push the capabilities of a camera. People describe the upper management at Cannon and Nikon as slow to change dinosaurs.

I'm looking to buy a completely new body and glass so my decision to go with Sony.

Archived