Two arrested in Phuket after French tourist killed by speedboat propeller

webfact

I am sure that the police will come to this conclusion = it was the Burmese crewman who was sailing, and not the Thai Captain.........

If it wasn't for the Burmese this place would have no problems at all

They would have plenty of problems as there would be noone to do hard labour!! You imagine Thais digging roads?...

So he didn't even stop to help the touris but instead tried to escape the scene.

Yesterday i saw a documentary about Myanmar on tv, they are buddhist and there was a fishermen who wanted to stop fishing because it felt bad for him to take the lives of fish to make a living. What a huge difference.

How sweet. A Buddhist country that doesn't mind institutionalized racist violence against it's ethnic minorities, including murder and rapes. Often the violence being led by Burmese monks. But one fisherman is concerned about fish.

We had a Burmese who thieved and lied. And yes, I've Burmese friends who are decent too.

But let's not pretend its paradise and all its people kind and honest. They ain't. Just as much corruption and elitist control as anywhere in SEA.

Indeed. As much nonsense is posted on this forum about the innocent Burmese as there is nonsense spouted by Thais about how innocent they are!

It was the Burmese crew member who did it! bad Burmese!

Is this the Western version of "The Butler did it?" Yes the Thai captain would never do this. I guess the Burmese are already making up demonstration signs on this one. A holiday here seems like the movie version of "The Running Man" Never a dull moment here. Glad I am past the death wish age my life is not exciting enough to get me into trouble.

Charges yet to be filed against killer speedboat driver
Phuket Gazette

sp.jpeg
Speedboat driver Yothin Suebsak (in pink) and Myanmar national Maling El @ Aee were questioned by Phuket Marine Police Chief Panya Chaichana. Photo: Phuket Marine Police

PHUKET: -- Police have yet to press charges against the speedboat driver who killed a French snorkeller in Krabi yesterday afternoon.

Yothin Suebsak, 29, and Myanmar national Maling El @ Aee, 29, who were working on the speedboat at the time of the accident are to be questioned further in Krabi, confirmed Maj Jarun Nabphet of the Krabi City Police.

“I have yet to question Mr Yothin about the incident. He was questioned in Phuket. However, it’s important that I also talk with him and hear his side of the story,” Maj Jarun told the Phuket Gazette this morning. “As for Mr Maling, I will look into whether or not he was working legally on the speedboat and what role, if any, he played in the accident.”

Mr Yothin, who handed himself in at the Thalang Police Station after fleeing to Ao Por after the accident, told officers in Phuket that he was unaware that the tourist was killed.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Charges-yet-be-filed-against-killer-speedboat/62811?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-06

They saw a tourist commit suicide by boat propellor and went away, far, far away, and quickly, to notify the authorities. Case closed. Burmese scapegoa--- err, boatman in jail, captain fined Baht 500 and given a severe thrashing with a limp lettuce leaf. Move along, nothing to see here...another one for TAT to put some spin on.

RIP madame, even 52 is still too young.

Bob A.

They saw a tourist commit suicide by boat propellor and went away, far, far away, and quickly, to notify the authorities. Case closed. Burmese scapegoa--- err, boatman in jail, captain fined Baht 500 and given a severe thrashing with a limp lettuce leaf. Move along, nothing to see here...another one for TAT to put some spin on.

RIP madame, even 52 is still too young.

Bob A.

Strange way of showing respect.

RIP. Nice to see the Capt. showed concern....FOR HIMSELF!

Brutal human being.

Some questions not answered by the report:1. who was at the helm at the time of the incident? 2. what role did the capt play in fleeing the scene (if he was not at the helm)? 3. what charges will be brought (if any)?

We safe. Thailand safe.

Obvious is'nt it. The Thai capt was not at the helm so the MYANMAR crewman is to blame.

Koh Tao ....here we come !

Only yesterday a large speed boat was moving quite fast parallel with the Maenam beach just a few yards out, there was in fact a swimmer beyond the boat. As it got further down it had to swing out to get around a couple of small boats which were secured to their anchorage buoys. Wish i had recorded the boats name now !

On a scale of 1-100, safety in these snorkeling operations is 0 (zero). Speedboats, long tails,

numbers counts. Thais don't care, they have your money, it is just an accident, penalties are

minimum, charges can be fixed, on and on. Once the headline has faded and the tourist

families have left, everything is smoothed over. Merely an inconvenience for the tour operator. coffee1.gif

So he knew someone was injured but kept going because he had to get his customers back.????

“Mr Yothin claimed that he did not see the victim snorkelling,” said Phuket Marine Police Chief Panya Chaichana. “He saw a man waving and a dinghy to come pick someone up, but said he had no idea that Ms Thiebau had been killed. The only thing he knew was that someone was injured. However, he needed to take his clients back to Ao Por. So, he reported the accident to the speedboat owner on the way back.”

2 Other current threads :

Mentally challenged guy jumps out in front of bus on Sukhumvit....driver gets charged with reckless driving causing death,

Russian biker mows down Chinese tourist wandering across a 4 lane highway at night....Ditto

This speedboat captain ,who knowingly fled the scene, is yet to be charged with sweet diddly squat ?

Standard procedures ?

2 Other current threads :

Mentally challenged guy jumps out in front of bus on Sukhumvit....driver gets charged with reckless driving causing death,

Russian biker mows down Chinese tourist wandering across a 4 lane highway at night....Ditto

This speedboat captain ,who knowingly fled the scene, is yet to be charged with sweet diddly squat ?

Standard procedures ?

The Russian biker had the accident in 2015, and was charged 2 days ago, the speedboat accident was just yesterday. Why don't you wait what happens here?

So he knew someone was injured but kept going because he had to get his customers back.????

“Mr Yothin claimed that he did not see the victim snorkelling,” said Phuket Marine Police Chief Panya Chaichana. “He saw a man waving and a dinghy to come pick someone up, but said he had no idea that Ms Thiebau had been killed. The only thing he knew was that someone was injured. However, he needed to take his clients back to Ao Por. So, he reported the accident to the speedboat owner on the way back.”

If you injure somebody - your first action should be to assist them, not run away trying to cover your ass.

There is NO way a Thai would let a Burmese migrant drive a 3 million baht yacht.

EVER.

The driver, in PInk Shirt looks very intelligent, the poor Burmese lad probably did not know , however the Captain is responsible for his crew, and is negligent in not keeping a lookout.

He is therefore most likely guilty of man slaughter.

“Sylie Thietau, 52, died instantly when the propeller of the speedboat So Cool 1, of the Amazing Canoeing Group Co Ltd, struck her head. She died at the scene,” said Col Sompong Tiparpakul, Chief of the Krabi Town Police.

Great to see that they not only called out the name of the boat, but also the name of the company, and the name of the captain, who is a huge coward that has no idea how to take responsibility for his actions. I hope this man child spends many decades in prison. It may have been an accident. But, once he fled the scene it escalated into manslaughter, at the least, in my opinion. And the coldness of heart that is required to not stop and render assistance, in case she was still alive? I have encountered crocodiles with warmer hearts than this miscreant. Hope this company suffers greatly for this act that their boat captain committed. Maybe, just maybe someone will learn something from this tragedy. Maybe.

Archived