BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
pseast

Chong Chom / O'Smach Border Update

I'd contact the hotel ur going to stay at and ask them to assist u and arrange it..
i hvae never seen vans at the border, only taxi's ( you could take 2, around $40-50 each)

23 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

In mid March six of us will be doing a border crossing into Cambodia via this crossing to visit Siem Reap.

We would like an air conditioned van to transport us to our hotel in Siem Reap. We have already made the hotel reservations.

What is is the best way to do this? Are there vans available on the Cambodia side? Should be attempt to reserve transportation prior to arriving?

Thank you.

Manage your expectaions re ‘air conditioned van’. Standards are much lower in Cambodia and, unless you are being picked up by one of the 5 star hotels, the vehicle is likely to be be over 10 years. Air con will not be up to Toyota  Commuter standards.

• Like 1

A quick though re Cambodian visas..... the visas should be $30 for non-Asians. The visa desk will undoubtedly ask for Baht - probably 1,200/1,500 Baht.

Best if you have Dollars and say that you don’t carry Baht.

You can stand there and insist on paying the ‘official’ amount of  $30. As a single traveler I may choose to do that, in a party of 6 I would wish to consider the option of paying $210 for the group.

A quick though re Cambodian visas..... the visas should be $30 for non-Asians. The visa desk will undoubtedly ask for Baht - probably 1,200/1,500 Baht.

Best if you have Dollars and say that you don’t carry Baht.

You can stand there and insist on paying the ‘official’ amount of  $30. As a single traveler I may choose to do that, in a party of 6 I would wish to consider the option of paying $210 for the group.

There are five Thais and me with my US passport.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

thai's no visa for 15 day stay< Although they may ask for 100 baht
US  $30, never been asked for more there

6 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

There are five Thais and me with my US passport.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That’s cheaper then..?..... $30/$35 for you and 100 Baht each ‘admin fee’ for the Thais.

• Like 1