Netflix is now available in Thailand

ghworker2010

I can report some good news.... Netflix is available in Thailand and there is a 1 month free trial offer:

https://www.netflix.com/th/

They make their own original content now and there are many excellent movies to watch.

Please support this company as it will improve the overall share price in 2016 if there are more subscribers.

One can expect the share price to continue is rally in 2016 with news like this...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/netflix-expands-130-more-countries-182507170.html

Its duly noted that OP owns shares in Netflix and predicts the share price to double in the coming years despite its current lofty valuation (P/E ratio)

• Like 1

Netflix officially launches in Thailand

post-137452-0-09053100-1452135250_thumb.

- Plans from 280 THB/Month

- Visit https://www.netflix.com/th/ for more info

Netflix Is Now Available Around the World

World’s Leading Internet TV Service Now Live in More than 190 Countries

Las Vegas, January 6, 2016 -- Netflix launched its service globally, simultaneously bringing its Internet TV network to more than 130 new countries around the world. The company made the announcement -- and the service went live -- during a keynote by Co-founder and Chief Executive Reed Hastings at CES 2016.

“Today you are witnessing the birth of a new global Internet TV network,” said Hastings. “With this launch, consumers around the world -- from Singapore to St. Petersburg, from San Francisco to Sao Paulo -- will be able to enjoy TV shows and movies simultaneously -- no more waiting. With the help of the Internet, we are putting power in consumers’ hands to watch whenever, wherever and on whatever device.”

For one monthly price, members around the world will be able to enjoy Netflix original series including Marvel’s Daredevil and Marvel’s Jessica Jones, Narcos, Sense8, Grace and Frankie, and Marco Polo, as well as a catalog of licensed TV shows and movies. In 2016, the company plans to release 31 new and returning original series, two dozen original feature films and documentaries, a wide range of stand-up comedy specials and 30 original kids series -- available at the same time to members everywhere.

While largely available in English in most new countries, Netflix today added Arabic, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese to the 17 languages it already supports.

“From today onwards, we will listen and we will learn, gradually adding more languages, more content and more ways for people to engage with Netflix,” said Hastings. “We’re looking forward to bringing great stories from all over the world to people all over the world.”

For a full list of countries and territories where Netflix is now available, see here

Netflix has a few excellent movies to watch. There has been rave reviews about 'Making a murder' and 'Master of None' and 'Beasts of no nation'

Is there a way to see what is actually available to watch? When I access the Netflix page they want my card details first before even letting me know what they have to show??

• Like 1

Netflix has a few excellent movies to watch. There has been rave reviews about 'Making a murder' and 'Master of None' and 'Beasts of no nation'

Is there a way to see what is actually available to watch? When I access the Netflix page they want my card details first before even letting me know what they have to show??

That is because they will then give you a one month free trial and you can watch until your hearts content to decide if you wish to continue the subscription.

You will not be charged any money and can cancel the recurring subscription,seems pretty fair to me.

Yes, I realized that thanks, but there's no way to see what they have available before signing up for a free month then?

i would love to see all the paying subscribers in thailand compalin about the slow internet. cant wait. . honestly i watch everything online. want to know more? I am gettign google fiber when it comes out in my house in the states when it get here. then im using a satilite to access it.

No issues in bangkok running it.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

That is because they will then give you a one month free trial and you can watch until your hearts content to decide if you wish to continue the subscription.

You will not be charged any money and can cancel the recurring subscription,seems pretty fair to me.

Yes, I realized that thanks, but there's no way to see what they have available before signing up for a free month then?

Your nic definitely suites you

• Like 1

Here just for you from my private TV screen.

post-118612-14521402683446_thumb.jpgpost-118612-14521402815072_thumb.jpgpost-118612-14521402967421_thumb.jpgpost-118612-14521403082545_thumb.jpgpost-118612-1452140323899_thumb.jpgpost-118612-14521403359779_thumb.jpgpost-118612-14521403487333_thumb.jpgpost-118612-14521403614142_thumb.jpgpost-118612-14521403752797_thumb.jpgpost-118612-14521403876686_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I already have it via a VPN. Will programs be the same as in the USA?

I read that it will be the same

At the link given previously where they list the countries it is available, they say:

"The movies and TV shows that are available to stream may vary by location, and will change from time to time."

Likely this is due to some other their content still having geographic licensing restrictions.

Hi

Google is your friend, IF programs are similar in every country. (listing at the bottom of page)

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/whats-new-on-netflix-shows-movies/

Phil.

i would love to see all the paying subscribers in thailand compalin about the slow internet. cant wait. . honestly i watch everything online. want to know more? I am gettign google fiber when it comes out in my house in the states when it get here. then im using a satilite to access it.

I signed up this morning for the free trial and as it is lunchtime here at work I thought I'd watch some TV.

here is a speed test over the wifi connection. Is working perfectly OK fine on this slow ass connection.

4975392580.png

I asked this on another thread, but it seems this one has more readers smile.png

Q: What's the best, low cost box/dongle for Netflix streaming, that is confirmed working with the new TH service?

As I understand it, Netflix us different crypto keys for each region - so something actually tried and tested with the new TH service would be awesome smile.png

I also note that none of my SmartTV's or older network streamers have been updated with Netflix yet - so I guess Netflix didn't give the manufacturers much lead time.

Edited by IMHO

I asked this on another thread, but it seems this one has more readers smile.png

Q: What's the best, low cost box/dongle for Netflix streaming, that is confirmed working with the new TH service?

As I understand it, Netflix us different crypto keys for each region - so something actually tried and tested with the new TH service would be awesome smile.png

I also note that none of my SmartTV's or older network streamers have been updated with Netflix yet - so I guess Netflix didn't give the manufacturers much lead time.

Does your smart TV not have a web browser ?

I am gettign google fiber when it comes out in my house in the states when it get here. then im using a satilite to access it.

I think this sentence explains why so many people are happy to use Netflix- it just works, easily biggrin.png

My only concern is censorship there was talk of having to adopt local country censorship laws- i couldnt watch a censored version of sporanos for example

Is there anything on netflix that you cant already download for free? For example, when a new netflix series is released in its entirity ( 10 episodes or whatever) it always appears, all 10 episodes, in the usual download places within 24 hours.

Suppose if Thailand started to block kickass, pirate bay, etc, then netflix would become an alternative but as of now, in Thailand, there seems no point in paying for netflix when you can download everything for free !!

• Like 1

Of course, as to the laptops we've used to watch Netflix for the past 2 or 3 years. I'd prefer an "it just works" box, ala MaigeTV, if such a thing exists though.

Is there anything on netflix that you cant already download for free? For example, when a new netflix series is released in its entirity ( 10 episodes or whatever) it always appears, all 10 episodes, in the usual download places within 24 hours.

Suppose if Thailand started to block kickass, pirate bay, etc, then netflix would become an alternative but as of now, in Thailand, there seems no point in paying for netflix when you can download everything for free !!

It's a pain and a time sink to down load shows and then have to wait to down load them, then hook up your computer to TV etc etc.

Netflix - come home, sit down and immediately watch what u want without having to plan hours /days before!

• Like 2

My not so smart Samsung TV (3 years old) has no browser, just a series of apps, and Netflix is not one of them.

Any recommendations for a wifi based box that will host Netflix and connect to the TV? I know there are a few around, but not sure if any are available in Thailand.

Thanks.

Of course, as to the laptops we've used to watch Netflix for the past 2 or 3 years. I'd prefer an "it just works" box, ala MaigeTV, if such a thing exists though.

Maige was great- pity it stopped recently. But Netflix to the rescue- perfect timing:) I use an apple tv box- works perfectly (also get free live UK sky news channel on apple tv, no VPN needed) and you also get all the itunes TV/movies shows in thailand without VPN- pay by the episode/movie - good complement if netflix is missing something you want to watch.

The days of messing around with VPNs and dodgy, slow downloading are well and truly over - finally!

Edited by ExpatJ
  • Like 1

Maige was great- pity it stopped recently. But Netflix to the rescue- perfect timing:) I use an apple tv box- works perfectly (also get free live UK sky news channel on apple tv, no VPN needed) and you also get all the itunes TV/movies shows in thailand without VPN- pay by the episode/movie - good complement if netflix is missing something you want to watch.

The days of messing around with VPNs and dodgy, slow downloading are well and truly over - finally!

Yeah, I just wanted to avoid paying 8000+ Baht each for a box - I have 6 of them to buy if I get one for each TV... wink.png

Netflix is not a true replacement for Maige either... it's TV series are all 1+ season old (unless they're Netflix originals) and it's Movies are all so old you haven't seen them on Maige for 2 years... But, something is better than nothing - thus better than Truevisions ;)

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1