Netflix is now available in Thailand

ghworker2010

On 10/18/2017 at 12:09 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Except, obviously, you do -- apparently, because you can't get an Amazon PrimeVideo (intl) app on your Fire TV device. Which is not surprising right now, since Amazon doesn't sell Fire TVs in most countries where the intl PrimeVideo service is offered, including Thailand.

We've trod this ground before in prior threads. I agree, there's very little sensible reason why any English speaker right now should want to subscribe to the minimal PrimeVideo service (the international version of Amazon Prime video) when the U.S. version has a much larger and more appealing catalog that's quite good. If anyone wants to use or judge Amazon, judge it on their U.S. streaming content.

But frankly, that's the same situation with Netflix. For both Amazon and Netflix, their catalogs available in Thailand are only a small portion of the broader catalogs that are available via their U.S. subscriptions. Bottom line: the larger U.S. catalogs of Netflix and Amazon are easily available to anyone who actually wants them.

Really, no matter what hardware one is using, it's not that hard to set up a VPN or DNS redirect service -- which has its own benefits regardless of what streaming service one may be using. That unlocks the door to the full Amazon streaming catalog, not to mention the larger U.S. Netflix catalog, and countless other content sources as well. And of course unlocks the full benefits of using a Fire TV.

That's the easy solution, and far more productive than constantly griping about Amazon and its international PrimeVideo service.

Yes. Where else but Amazon Prime Video can you watch The Sopranos or Netflix's original show "Bosch." (I imagine the latter is included internationally?

33 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

Yes. Where else but Amazon Prime Video can you watch The Sopranos or Netflix's original show "Bosch." (I imagine the latter is included internationally?

Try Kodi, it's free as well

bosch.JPG.575d33e5eaf9ba1d3ec7c5a6f5554da8.JPGbosch2.JPG.1a58fbc79ae951f39ad5ec7fc9f440d8.JPGsopranos.JPG.b33a84b138e3d5d923c0890869162d73.JPGsopranos2.JPG.0ec29d554d0e024c4b4c9de457729848.JPG

Edited by janclaes47
  • Like 1

On 18/10/2017 at 2:32 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Bottom line: both the Amazon and Netflix U.S. catalogs are much better/broader than their Thailand versions. And if anyone chooses to only want to access the crippled Thailand versions instead of the full U.S. versions, that's their choice. 

But it's a choice made despite the fact that there are plenty of easy options available for those in Thailand who want to access the full U.S. catalogs. You can settle for a bag of potato chips, but I'll take the full course buffet.

My Fire TV works perfectly fine, gives me access to the U.S. catalogs of Netflix, Amazon, and everything else I want. Not much to complain about there. Though admittedly, I have no interest is trying to use my Fire TV to sign up for/use Thailand/SE Asia based services. That's not what it was developed for or meant for.

But I want Thai subtitles. So there really is no point in the US catalog for me. I am considering subscribing but want to know if it is worth it in Thailand. Are new movies and series being added, in particular new UK series such as Derek, and other comedies with Thai subtitles? 

I've tried kodi and it is too much faffing around for very old series and a serious lack of up to date content with subtitles from opensubtitles.org. 

What are the alternatives to Netflix, noting that I want THAI SUBTITLES, or is Netflix the way to go?  

But I want Thai subtitles. So there really is no point in the US catalog for me. I am considering subscribing but want to know if it is worth it in Thailand. Are new movies and series being added, in particular new UK series such as Derek, and other comedies with Thai subtitles? 

I've tried kodi and it is too much faffing around for very old series and a serious lack of up to date content with subtitles from opensubtitles.org. 

What are the alternatives to Netflix, noting that I want THAI SUBTITLES, or is Netflix the way to go?  

I think it’s great plus you can trial it free for one month to see if you are happy with it. Plenty of UK stuff on there, including Derek.
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

I think it’s great plus you can trial it free for one month to see if you are happy with it. Plenty of UK stuff on there, including Derek.

I just learned that as an AIS Serenade customer I am entitled to 3 months free so I will give it a whirl.  

On 1/2/2018 at 9:54 AM, Dustdevil said:

I think you just made a typo unintentionally, but "Bosch" is an Amazon Prime original series, not Netflix. And yes, that and the past six seasons of the "Sopranos" are available for no extra charge to Amazon Prime U.S. members as part of their streaming catalog.