Taxi driver robs drunk Thai-American woman, dumps her at motel with wife

webfact

Taxi driver robs drunk Thai-American woman, dumps her at motel with wife
By Coconuts Bangkok

taxi_24.jpg
The Bangkok taxi driver and his wife were presented at the police press conference on Wednesday. Photo: Channel 7 News

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok driver and his wife were arrested for theft after they robbed a Thai-American woman taking a taxi from Khao San Road after the New Year's Eve celebrations.

Police yesterday said taxi driver Witsanu Sawangsuk, 35, picked up the victim, only identified as "Sara," in the early morning of Jan. 1. After the intoxicated victim passed out, Witsanu stole her Samsung phone and THB600 cash before driving to pick up his wife, 36-year-old Kwanta, on the way.

The couple then got a motel room in Wong Wien Yai district and carried the victim inside.

In an attempt to make up a story that the taxi driver just dropped two women off at the motel, Wisanu left the room, leaving his wife with Sara.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/08/taxi-driver-robs-drunk-thai-american-woman-dumps-her-motel-wife

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-01-08

Seems to be a lot of effort for a rather mall haul. Cocnuts might be leaving out some details.

Looks to me the taxi driver got his wife to baby sit the drunk at a hotel room. He didn't have money for the room so took the drunks 600 to pay for a room. If the drunk passed out, was that drunk, then likely didn't tell the taxi where her room was, he did right by not just hauling her out of the taxi and leaving her passed out at some dark corner.

A lot left out here, how could it be robbery if you leave your wife at the hotel room to take care of the drunken woman. He should get an award.

Lucky Thailand has some banok taxi drivers so the BIB don't need do anything except for the photographic shot.

Amazing for an Galaxy A8 and 600 Baht they will end up in a bonker for a couple of days. Somchai Witsanu the taxi driver will now take the van route from Khaosan to Surat Thani and his Mrs will be the co-pilot. New Year eve a day before the lottery comes out creates a lot of last minute opportunities for a sure number.

TIT - No Thai Bashing by the way but I have seen such things even last week when a granny in our village asked me to borrow her 100 Baht for buying the underground lottery. I gave her the 100 Baht and told her f you win you give me back the 100 Baht but if you loose you give me 200 Baht.

She lost and I took the 100 Baht back but I told her to keep the other 100 Baht. Now she tells in my village farang good heart but bad luck. giggle.gif

"Taxi Driver Robs" is the headline. A condemnation that would never be printed in a Western journal. I looked up the word ALLEGEDLY in my various Thai dictionaries and it doesn't appear in any one. The word 'allege' does (gloo haa), I wonder if this taxi driver should he be cleared of any criminality in this matter he could sue for defamation.

Never had a problem here with Taxi's.

But have been robbed by the police in Mexico, by a Taxi driver in South America( broad daylight). Another robbery in Mexico by a guide! Try taking a cab in America, when you pay the bill you fill like you have been robbed or extorted to say the least.

I bet the Taxi's here are saver and cheaper than most tourist destinations in the world. Just saying!

Doesn't excuse this low life for robbing a drunk woman though.

Seems to be a lot of effort for a rather mall haul. Cocnuts might be leaving out some details.

Looks to me the taxi driver got his wife to baby sit the drunk at a hotel room. He didn't have money for the room so took the drunks 600 to pay for a room. If the drunk passed out, was that drunk, then likely didn't tell the taxi where her room was, he did right by not just hauling her out of the taxi and leaving her passed out at some dark corner.

A lot left out here, how could it be robbery if you leave your wife at the hotel room to take care of the drunken woman. He should get an award.

Unless Sara did a dna test to determine whether LBGT rape may have ensued in that motel room and it showed positive, which may have been the premeditated purpose for getting wifey involved.

Unless Sara did a dna test to determine whether LBGT rape may have ensued in that motel room and it showed positive, which may have been the premeditated purpose for getting wifey involved.

LGBT rape?

That would be an orgy.

The taxi driver`s wife is only 36? If I was married to that I would also want to dump her in a hotel room somewhere.

Women out or traveling alone should act responsibly and not let themselves become in such an intoxicated state that leaves them vulnerable and in danger, although I am not saying that the woman deserved to be robbed. But it could have been much worse, raped or even murdered.

"Wisanu insisted he did not intend to sexually assault the victim because he and his wife have been infected with HIV for over three years and he would feel too guilty about passing it on to Sara."

thoughtful people.

"touris" safe.

Thailand safe.

Keyword here is - Drunk.

Good thing she is not a corpse floating down Chao Phraya...

No, the key words are "innocent victim" or "scum bag, predatory thieving scum" or " why can people not expect a safe taxi service?".

In fact lots of key words can be used, none of which blame the victim for doing nothing wrong.

Never had a problem here with Taxi's.

But have been robbed by the police in Mexico, by a Taxi driver in South America( broad daylight). Another robbery in Mexico by a guide! Try taking a cab in America, when you pay the bill you fill like you have been robbed or extorted to say the least.

I bet the Taxi's here are saver and cheaper than most tourist destinations in the world. Just saying!

Doesn't excuse this low life for robbing a drunk woman though.

who cares if YOU had a problem? and that you have been robbed in Mexico? good for you and maybe your turn will come here and you can 'bet' (if it were not illegal) as much as you like but taxi's here are not safe and everyone needs to be very careful

Keyword here is - Drunk.

No, the key words are "innocent victim" or "scum bag, predatory thieving scum" or " why can people not expect a safe taxi service?".

In fact lots of key words can be used, none of which blame the victim for doing nothing wrong.

Like saying the tiger who mauled the foolish teenager who climbed into it's enclosure a predatory scumbag...?

And the teenager was the innocent victim.

Keyword here is - Drunk.

Like saying the tiger who mauled the foolish teenager who climbed into it's enclosure a predatory scumbag...?

No not the same at all.

Climbing into a tiger enclosure is against the rules of the place the teen visited.

Drinking and getting a taxi home are perfectly legal.

The one at fault in the former case is the teen. In the later the taxi driver and his wife.

The tiger and the victim of this crime are both entirely blameless.

No, the wife was the cover story for the motel. He told the motel that the two women were together...he then returned to get his wife, leaving the woman to pay for the motel in the morning....but it backfired.

He would have reaped an i-phone and 600 baht, simply for the time it took to install the woman in the room.

Unless he did have nasty sexual intentions...which is possible, at least he put her in a room, not at the side of the road.

Defending the indefensible, quite difficult to do in this case and you fail completely in your attempt.

Keyword here is - Drunk.

No not the same at all.

Climbing into a tiger enclosure is against the rules of the place the teen visited.

Drinking and getting a taxi home are perfectly legal.

The one at fault in the former case is the teen. In the later the taxi driver and his wife.

The tiger and the victim of this crime are both entirely blameless.

And being intoxicated to the point of passing out in public is a social norm?

Archived