Taxi driver robs drunk Thai-American woman, dumps her at motel with wife

webfact

Seems to be a lot of effort for a rather mall haul. Cocnuts might be leaving out some details.

Looks to me the taxi driver got his wife to baby sit the drunk at a hotel room. He didn't have money for the room so took the drunks 600 to pay for a room. If the drunk passed out, was that drunk, then likely didn't tell the taxi where her room was, he did right by not just hauling her out of the taxi and leaving her passed out at some dark corner.

A lot left out here, how could it be robbery if you leave your wife at the hotel room to take care of the drunken woman. He should get an award.

Defending the indefensible, quite difficult to do in this case and you fail completely in your attempt.

well, it's quite nice to occasionally see someone trying hard to see a good thing, even when it's likely that no good was happening.

Like saying the tiger who mauled the foolish teenager who climbed into it's enclosure a predatory scumbag...?

And the teenager was the innocent victim.

No not the same at all.

Climbing into a tiger enclosure is against the rules of the place the teen visited.

Drinking and getting a taxi home are perfectly legal.

The one at fault in the former case is the teen. In the later the taxi driver and his wife.

The tiger and the victim of this crime are both entirely blameless.

And being intoxicated to the point of passing out in public is a social norm?

Not for me, but to some, especially the young, it can be. More so over the new year.

It is still irrelevant when it comes to the keywords in this case. Being drunk is not a crime.

Theft, possible assault and kidnapping are all crimes.

The only ones to blame in this story are the scum bag driver and his equally despicable wife.

Like saying the tiger who mauled the foolish teenager who climbed into it's enclosure a predatory scumbag...?

And the teenager was the innocent victim.
No not the same at all.

Climbing into a tiger enclosure is against the rules of the place the teen visited.

Drinking and getting a taxi home are perfectly legal.

The one at fault in the former case is the teen. In the later the taxi driver and his wife.

The tiger and the victim of this crime are both entirely blameless.

Not for me, but to some, especially the young, it can be. More so over the new year.

It is still irrelevant when it comes to the keywords in this case. Being drunk is not a crime.

The only ones to blame in this story are the scum bag driver and his equally despicable wife.

One can be free to do as he like in isolation, like Robinson Crusoe. But when in society, freedom is limited by social order.

The young should remember the lessons posted in the book, Lord of the Flies...

One can be free to do as he like in isolation, like Robinson Crusoe. But when in society, freedom is limited by social order.

No freedom is limited by the law.

The law says drinking is not a crime.

The law says that kidnapping, robbery and assault are crimes.

The taxi driver and his wife are to blame in this case.

The victim did nothing wrong.

Drinking is not a crime. But public intoxication is. Look it up.

I have looked up the laws.

Nowhere does it state that it is illegal to be drunk.

There are places you cannot drink and behaviours in public that can get you into trouble if alcohol is involved.

Being drunk itself is not a crime.

Stop blaming the victim.

I have looked up the laws.

Nowhere does it state that it is illegal to be drunk.

There are places you cannot drink and behaviours in public that can get you into trouble if alcohol is involved.

Being drunk itself is not a crime.

Stop blaming the victim.

Thai Criminal Code No. 378 - liable to be fined up to Bt5000.

Link please, specifically to the place where it says it is a crime to be drunk.

Edit: found it. At least I think I have.

You mean this?

"Section 378 Whoever, drinking the spirituous liquor or the other intoxicant up to be drunk, and behaving in the riotous manner, or to be unable to control oneself in any public road or place, shall befined not out of five hundred Baht."

That comes under behaviour while drunk as in causing a public nuisance. It does not say drinking is a crime.

It does not apply to the victim in this case. She drank too much and passed out. It happens. That is not a crime. It certainly does make her responsible for the actions of the scum bag taxi driver and his wife.

She did nothing wrong.

She is innocent of all blame.

Stop blaming the victim.

Never had a problem here with Taxi's.

But have been robbed by the police in Mexico, by a Taxi driver in South America( broad daylight). Another robbery in Mexico by a guide! Try taking a cab in America, when you pay the bill you fill like you have been robbed or extorted to say the least.

I bet the Taxi's here are saver and cheaper than most tourist destinations in the world. Just saying!

Doesn't excuse this low life for robbing a drunk woman though.

I know a few people who had problems with Thai taxi drivers in Thailand.

I just don't get your post about Mexico and America. It's on a different continent, for god's sake.

If his wife passed on the HIV virus they should burn her body and put this so called in a cell with the prisoners that all all innocent from the Thai mans death that raped a 15 year old Thai girl. No problem, no loss and no money for court costs! A true Thai pig taxi driver!

But have been robbed by the police in Mexico, by a Taxi driver in South America( broad daylight). Another robbery in Mexico by a guide! Try taking a cab in America, when you pay the bill you fill like you have been robbed or extorted to say the least.

I bet the Taxi's here are saver and cheaper than most tourist destinations in the world. Just saying!

Ok, you.re "just saying" and I'm "just laughing". All the usual deflections. Why not tell us about how expensive tuna is getting in Tokyo?

PS No robbery or extortion by taxi drivers in the US: the fares are simply high, are not set by them in the 1st place, and are prominently displayed and the meters used. I can't imagine anything less relevant to THIS thread than how that "makes you feel" FPS. MANY BKK taxi drivers are simply scofflaws.

You mean this?

"Section 378 Whoever, drinking the spirituous liquor or the other intoxicant up to be drunk, and behaving in the riotous manner, or to be unable to control oneself in any public road or place, shall befined not out of five hundred Baht."

That comes under behaviour while drunk as in causing a public nuisance. It does not say drinking is a crime.

It does not apply to the victim in this case. She drank too much and passed out. It happens. That is not a crime. It certainly does make her responsible for the actions of the scum bag taxi driver and his wife.

She did nothing wrong.

Stop blaming the victim.

Section 378. Public Intoxication

Any person who puts himself in a state of drunkenness by consumption of alcoholic beverage or other intoxicant substance, and comports himself with troublesomeness or senselessness in a public way or public place, shall be liable to a fine not exceeding five thousand baht.

You mean this?

She did nothing wrong.

Stop blaming the victim.

Any person who puts himself in a state of drunkenness by consumption of alcoholic beverage or other intoxicant substance, and comports himself with troublesomeness or senselessness in a public way or public place, shall be liable to a fine not exceeding five thousand baht.

Yes. I quoted it.

I also pointed out it's irrelevance.

You mean this?

She did nothing wrong.

Stop blaming the victim.

Yes. I quoted it.

So the victim is not that innocent after all...like the teenager who climbed the enclosure. She was irresponsible in creating the opportunity for a crime to happen.

You mean this?

She did nothing wrong.

Stop blaming the victim.

Yes. I quoted it.

So the victim is not that innocent after all...like the teenager who climbed the enclosure. She was irresponsible in creating the opportunity for a crime to happen.

Nonsense.

who cares if YOU had a problem? and that you have been robbed in Mexico? good for you and maybe your turn will come here and you can 'bet' (if it were not illegal) as much as you like but taxi's here are not safe and everyone needs to be very careful

Pretty safe, and cheap. A good combination. You must not get out much?

Archived