Finding A House To Rent Near Cmu

thenewguy

I have accepted a teaching position at CMU and am hoping to rent a house very close by. Would anyone have any leads and/or knowledge concerning housing in the area. We would like something within walking distance of shops, markets, restaurants, etc. as we will be living a fairly pedestrian lifestyle.

If it will help, the following are things we would like:

three bedrooms

at least one aircon

western style toilet

small garden

fully furnished

child friendly neighborhood (daycare nearby)

I would also like suggestions as to the rental rate for such a house. I was hoping to be in the 8000bt range. Is this realistic?

Thank you very much for your help, we certainly appreciate it.

hi'

you could take a look at the moo-ban along the klong after the traffic light up huay-kaew.

let's say you go yo huay-kaew, at the traffic light of the klong turn right, and follow the road a bit, then you will begin to see houses on our left, take a look around.

I had a friend who used to live here, nice plce and everything close to you :o

francois

There are normally a few houses for rent on the opposite side of Suthep road from CMU, towards Wat Umong. This is a pleasant area to live & I have had several friends who have rented there over the years. Ask around or drive up some of the little Sois there.

Thanks for all the advice. I plan to explore all the areas mentioned as soon as we arrive. I'm not sure what to expect, so am going into this very open minded. I've been told I will have a Thai student to help me with looking for a house, so I'm hoping it will go fairly smoothly.

Again, thank you for the suggestions.