BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimjim1968

30K cap. What is this?

Hey guys

I am not a teacher.

Haha, work for 30k THB a month and you have a degree.....

One would have to be desperate I reckon.

Yep OK I understand teacher dedication as my brother was a teacher in Australia but really, 30k THB!

I give my wife that for her found money and I pay everything else.

And I am a pensioner ..of sorts.

Haha what a joke. Would westerners ever even consider that?

Regards

Wow, you have to pay your wife that much per month to be your wife? I pity you.

I taught at a community college in the USA for 23 years and I came to Thailand for a new teaching adventure, not for money.

Perhaps everyone in your world is a whore, but not everyone in the world is a whore.

Are many of them actually worth 30k? Thai teachers have to work years to get on that rate.

I think you would be surprised how much some Thai teachers earn. It's a job for life with a pay increase annually. I'm a little fed up with the idea that Thai people earn very little. Just look at all the big new houses being built everywhere and all the new fortuners, BMW's and Mercedes on the road. Around my non tourist area there are lots of these on red plates.

Three relatives are teachers, only one with 20 years earns just over 30k. My falang friend is an associate professor at a rural Uni, he gets 34k a month.

In virtually every industry or field you could think of, Thailand is far more price-focused and far less quality-focused than other countries with comparable per capita income and stage of development.

Why would teaching be any different?

Hey guys

I am not a teacher.

Yep OK I understand teacher dedication as my brother was a teacher in Australia but really, 30k THB!

Regards

maybe your the joke nuddy. Some of us didnt marry a bar girl and most of us dont have to give our wife any money let alone 30k a month. Old fool on bar stool...

I don't know how someone could justify working here at all at even 50 or 60k, unless they were financially independent.

As a pensioner I have to prove a yearly income of 800,000Bhats, but for a teacher 360,000 would be enoughblink.png

Hey guys

I am not a teacher.

Regards

maybe your the joke nuddy. Some of us didnt marry a bar girl and most of us dont have to give our wife any money let alone 30k a month. Old fool on bar stool...

30K a month to your wife? And you pay for everything else? Just wondering what other Westerners would even consider that, sounds like you are being taken for a ride in more ways than one, if you get my drift.

OR ..., was she runner-up Miss Thailand 2010?

I am so happy that I don't have to teach in Thailand anymore. Nothing more than a banana Republic. The place is quickly going to the dogs.

I agree, but it's not the kids fault, many want to learn. Please don't deny them that right.

I am so happy that I don't have to teach in Thailand anymore. Nothing more than a banana Republic. The place is quickly going to the dogs.

I agree, but it's not the kids fault, many want to learn. Please don't deny them that right.

Is that why I see so many of them in the shopping malls from when they open?

Ahhhh...the Thais are smiling again...watch out! sad.png

So, this rumour is still just a rumour a poster heard..... (From whom we still don't know).... Time for a coffee and a smoke me thinks...

The problem is that culturally most Thais don't want to get ahead, with the exception being those of Chinese descent. In schools I have taught at you can almost bet the best and most diligent students will have that background. This is why Vietnam and China are so far ahead of Thailand in English language proficiency, a desire to better themselves economically.

Culturally most Thais are happy to go along merrily playing phone games and sending Line stickers....not much else is important, except eating maybe. Planning for English proficiency means planning a better future, thinking about money, savings, etc and most Thais avoid doing that...just too hard.

So you have to accept things as they are and not as you want them to be here. Stay and teach because you like it here, not because you will get rich.

I'm not sure anyone ever took up teaching to get rich.

Many here took it up just to stay in Thailand to enjoy the er, culture whistling.gif