30K cap. What is this?

Jimjim1968

I have never met a "Qualified Teacher" in Thailand.

I have no doubt there are a few hidden in expensive, private International schools.

The majority of "teachers" seem to be those without W/P's or appropriate visas.

The Thai authorities are justified in taking any and all steps needed to clear these unqualified impostors from Thai schools

Those who cannot obtain a Teaching post in their own country should be barred from "teaching" in Thailand.

I've met dozens. I've never met an unqualified one. I guess it depends who you hang out with.

I'm sure both kinds exist though. Why do some people struggle to understand that there are things outside their personal experience?

Nearly everyone in my office has teaching qualification (not tefl), and this is not an international school smile.png

Can you define teaching qualification?

Grad Dip Ed, some with BEd, and one did the Thai teacher exams. So we can teach in a western school, except the latter one.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you could probably add a group, who were teaching elsewhere in SEA, and came here for a better life (compared to China or Korea). Also a lot of very young females, just out of college, who meet the white face and easy to take advantage of requirements. I saw several inline at CM Immigration a few weeks ago, getting 30 day extensions, in their school uniforms..unless long purple skirts and white blouses are what "tourists" wear to Immigration at 6am.

Female teachers wearing student school uniforms ? really ?

Hey Thanks guys. Obviously its the trolls who have called me and my wife and surroundings to be whore like so I won't hold that against this thred

Look I didn't give bad press about anyone westerner. Sure I laughed about anyone westerner working at 30k THB per month, as anyone would.

But to have spent years at a university to get a degree, and work LONG TERM in Thailand for a pittance is ...........!

Sure the schools don't do the right thing, they don't do the right education and the students don't care. Yep I have seen all of that too.

What I say is that a westerner with a degree working as a teacher in Thailand for 30k is not smart.

Here I wanted to work it out for you.

If you are married you need 400k or income of 40,000 per month. Hmm we only get 30k ...hmmm .Ae,, do on combination income and funds in the bank ..

How does that work? And tell me how you provide for a wife and home on 30k when you get around to it

As I said its a joke anyone westerner with a degree would work for 30k a month even taking into account dedication ...Its a Joke ...hahaha

why would qualified western teachers want to to teach in non international Schools for a pittance in Thailand, when they could earn so much more at home and have a career instead of an insecure job going nowhere?

Who says it's a pittance..you don't know what we earn:) Sure it's not ISB, but quite happy with it. If I wanted to earn real money I would not be in Thailand.

Hey Thanks guys. Obviously its the trolls who have called me and my wife and surroundings to be whore like so I won't hold that against this thred

Look I didn't give bad press about anyone westerner. Sure I laughed about anyone westerner working at 30k THB per month, as anyone would.

But to have spent years at a university to get a degree, and work LONG TERM in Thailand for a pittance is ...........!

Sure the schools don't do the right thing, they don't do the right education and the students don't care. Yep I have seen all of that too.

What I say is that a westerner with a degree working as a teacher in Thailand for 30k is not smart.

If you are married you need 400k or income of 40,000 per month. Hmm we only get 30k ...hmmm .Ae,, do on combination income and funds in the bank ..

How does that work? And tell me how you provide for a wife and home on 30k when you get around to it

As I said its a joke anyone westerner with a degree would work for 30k a month even taking into account dedication ...Its a Joke ...hahaha

Who are you to say what is right for someone else....

The real joke is someone who needs to pay his wife to stay with him......stop the payment and the laughter begins...hahaha

Well there is one troll identified tonray

Fancy saying anything like that to anyone

Its just amazing that trolls like ton ray appear in a discussion on western teachers salaries in Thailand

But I suppose they are all about hu

Write down on your note pad that ton ray is a troll ...I have.

Well there is one troll identified tonray

Fancy saying anything like that to anyone

Its just amazing that trolls like ton ray appear in a discussion on western teachers salaries in Thailand

But I suppose they are all about hu

Write down on your note pad that ton ray is a troll ...I have.

funny comment from a guy who does not teach here posting about teaching salaries.....remember the joke friend....remember when she starts laughing...ha ha

you could probably add a group, who were teaching elsewhere in SEA, and came here for a better life (compared to China or Korea). Also a lot of very young females, just out of college, who meet the white face and easy to take advantage of requirements. I saw several inline at CM Immigration a few weeks ago, getting 30 day extensions, in their school uniforms..unless long purple skirts and white blouses are what "tourists" wear to Immigration at 6am.

You must be fresh of the boat...happens at many schools...certain days of the week, certain holidays...purple polyester is the rule of the day.

You must be fresh of the boat...happens at many schools...certain days of the week, certain holidays...purple polyester is the rule of the day.

Not in any school i have taught at..would be considered disrespectful to the teachers....in the same way students have to remove their shoes before entering the classroom...teachers do not. I would never work at a place where I had to dress like a student...talk about ridiculous!

For some reason Thailand is not serious about its students learning PROPER english

It's not "some" reason, it's clear the population are purposely being kept in the dark.

This thread is just hearsay though and shouldn't be taken seriously... yet.

I am not a teacher, but 95% of the job is personality.

You could have every teaching diploma under your belt, but if you cannot get the attention of the kids, here, you are basically no use.

They want fun whilst learning, not some numpty with teaching qualifications coming out of his arse.

I have no doubt there are a few hidden in expensive, private International schools.

The Thai authorities are justified in taking any and all steps needed to clear these unqualified impostors from Thai schools

Those who cannot obtain a Teaching post in their own country should be barred from "teaching" in Thailand.

Sounds good, but what are your credentials for assessing qualified teachers?

Did your parents do a background check on your teachers back home ?

Obviously not.

Archived