Phuket: Police bust Turkish man with bag of 'ganja-looking' tea before apologizing

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the police had of opened the bag and took a sniff,

they would not be looking the fools they now are.

regards Worgeordie

Unlike what one sees in movies, sniffing or tasting a suspicious or unknown substance is definitely NOT a good law enforcement practice. IMHO they be fools if they did.

So much wrong with this story i dont know where to start.

So if someone just calls the police and says you are displaying drug behaviour, your home/room can be searched?

Disgusting.

Dude, they can put you away for 15 years and throw away the key in LOS based on nothing more than a "he said."

Yeah Thai cops do make a fool out of themselves sometimes but this time they are not at fault, Im saying this as a Turk.

You see a guy whos dressed like Bob Marley and holding a bag which looks like it has weed inside, what do you do?

He wasnt seen holding the bag. It was only uncovered when his room was illegally searched.

They have to get court approval to search your home in Thailand but they never do anything by the book.

How can anybody respect the law when the police even don't?

Clowns...

No, they did there job and apologised what more do you need....?

If someone doesnt like how you look does that give the police powers to come and raid your room?

Thats a real worry.

Thats a real worry. That's life

If that happened to me, I would not leave the police station before knowing the ID of that "good citizen".

Oh, please tell me how you would convince the police to give you the ID--money? Then, what would you do to that ID'd person?

...that about sums it up.....

..that is how we are viewed....and treated....take it or leave it....

...any jealous, resentful, frustrated, vindictive or racist individual can ruin it for you here....

...and if they are numerous...they will succeed.....

...for me is was....aside from the sham marriage.....being slandered out of job, salary and reputation.....

...from 'best teacher'......to 'worst'......because 'somebody(ies) said so......

Yeah Thai cops do make a fool out of themselves sometimes but this time they are not at fault, Im saying this as a Turk.

You see a guy whos dressed like Bob Marley and holding a bag which looks like it has weed inside, what do you do?

Mind your own business! coffee1.gif In other words, don't stick your nose into other peoples business. rolleyes.gif

C'mon all you self-righteous folks (again!).. if any one of YOU spotted this guy and his bag of 'tea', not saying you'd grass (pardon the pun!) but you'd definately be thinking the same as everyone else.. 'You see his stash?'

Actually, 'ganja-looking tea' (as in 'bag of') is a pretty funny concept!! The idea of the other way round (tea-looking ganja) being brewed down at the local station, as the local law enforcement get off their faces on it, is even funnier!!! gigglem.gifwai.gif

First they're looking to extort as much as they can from this guy, and then, when they notice they've messed it up they want happy snaps? So, if they could, they would gladly make this guy's life hell, but because they can't, they think he should be all smiley about it. "We were gonna really screw you over, but we can't.... can we still be buddies?"

These people, far from being pillars of society are more like sociopaths with no idea of reality... the intelligence of a shrew would put them to shame....and then they still want their photos published....??? The sad part is I bet they think they are Oh so clever...

C'mon all you self-righteous folks (again!).. if any one of YOU spotted this guy and his bag of 'tea', not saying you'd grass (pardon the pun!) but you'd definately be thinking the same as everyone else.. 'You see his stash?'

Actually, 'ganja-looking tea' (as in 'bag of') is a pretty funny concept!! The idea of the other way round (tea-looking ganja) being brewed down at the local station, as the local law enforcement get off their faces on it, is even funnier!!! gigglem.gifwai.gif

Nobody saw his tea in the street. Only his drug "look" is what lead them to his room.

It was only uncovered when they searched his room.

Please read the article properly.

Clowns...

No, they did there job and apologised what more do you need....?

Their job is to harass the harmless, and aid the evil.... but I've noticed they seem a lot more enthused about the part of their job which has the possibility of extortion...and not so well on the parts of their job without any instant payoffs. What more do you want? Where do I start? How about all of them sweeping up dirty streets at 5am on a salary of 100baht a day.... that would be a good start.

The Turkish guy is lucky. The way things often go in this country, it is totally irrelevant whether the tea is ganja or not. If what you have even suggests that it might be ganja, that is just as bad as actually having ganja, that is the mentality of too many Thais that may cross you.

The cops in this particular instance are much better than most, at least they are not doing everything and anything to avoid looking like they made mistake. Hats off to them for admitting they were wrong. Tho' it doesn't make sense that they would admit that, perhaps the Turk or the guy in the purple, who looks like he might be the guy's Dad, have some serious connections.

Nice picture , but why do foreign tourists always insist on being shirtless when they are posing in front of the cameraman ? I would not be happy to show my man boobs to the world.

"Police apologised to the men for the misunderstanding and posed for a photo in good spirits." The 2 guys certainly don't look too impressed. Another episode of the "Keystone Cops."

That must have hurt like nothing else......

We all know how much they hate to "loose" face............. they will be miserable for the rest of their life

clap2.gif

Archived