Ministry of Education vows to urgently reform Thai education

webfact

Our teachers, including the Thais, are evaluated twice a year. If they like you, you will get a positive evaluation; if they don't, you won't.

The criteria has little to do with classroom performance or outcomes in the classroom (student performance). It has to do with having all your books, notebooks and workbooks checked and that the ticking in the books is neat. Classroom management is another big issue.

Thailand is based on a hierarchical society and how much deference to those in power will determine your worth.

As far as directors go, I find that many pay little attention to anything having to do with academics or teaching. They are busy making sure that the grounds are well tended, bushes trimmed, grass cut and other things having to do with the physical facilities.

That sounds like a very depressing situation.

Our teachers, including the Thais, are evaluated twice a year. If they like you, you will get a positive evaluation; if they don't, you won't.

The criteria has little to do with classroom performance or outcomes in the classroom (student performance). It has to do with having all your books, notebooks and workbooks checked and that the ticking in the books is neat. Classroom management is another big issue.

Thailand is based on a hierarchical society and how much deference to those in power will determine your worth.

As far as directors go, I find that many pay little attention to anything having to do with academics or teaching. They are busy making sure that the grounds are well tended, bushes trimmed, grass cut and other things having to do with the physical facilities.

That sounds like a very depressing situation.
I know you're not really aware BUT a nicely trimmed bush is wonderful!

Archived