Admin Court rejects Thaksin's call to suspend the order scrapping his two passports

webfact

Admin Court rejects Thaksin’s call to suspend the order scrapping his two passports

1101001-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Central Administrative Court has rejected fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s petition for the suspension of the Foreign Ministry’s order scrapping his two passports.

The court reason that there is no ground to suspect that the Foreign Ministry’s order revoking Thaksin’s two passports is illegal and also the ministry’s order was based on the report of the National Police Office.

According to the police report, Thaksin’s interview with a foreign media carried some contents deemed to be a threat to national security, damaging to the country’s reputation and in violation of the computer crime law.

The petition to the Central Administrative Court is a follow-up of a lawsuit filed by Thaksin against the foreign affairs permanent secretary and director-general of Consular Affairs Department demanding that the order scrapping his two passports should be revoked.

Mr Wattana Tiangkoon, Thaksin’s lawyer, said he would have to wait for the outcome of the case brought against the two foreign affairs officials.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/admin-court-rejects-thaksins-call-to-suspend-the-order-scrapping-his-two-passports

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-12

come to the admin court in person and you might just get someone to notice, how on earth is this man allowed to present anything to a court while on the run

I hope the new consitution and law reforms allows for the prosecution of people who are "on the run" if you don't show up to defend yourself ..........up to you but the case will proceed in your absense, this IMO is a very fundamental step forward with the Thai justice system- currently it is severely flawed

According to the police report, Thaksins interview with a foreign media carried some contents deemed to be a threat to national security, damaging to the countrys reputation and in violation of the computer crime law.

His very existence damages the country's reputation.

Perhaps as an option now Thaksin can sue the RTP for defamation. Standing for such a law suit in Thailand only requires the perception of damage to reputation and does not rely on relevant facts. At a minimum the police will need to identift specific comments made by Thaksin and explain why the comments harmed national security.

Simple transparancey for fair and equal justice - no matter who you are.

Well done, Administrative Court! And next time he files a lawsuit of any sort, don't accept it. Convicted felons who have jumped bail and are on the run should not have the right to file any lawsuits - unless they show responsibility and integrity, return and fight their own case.

And while we're at it: I think it's about time this government show that it's unbiased by also revoking the passport(s) of the Red Bull heir, of Vatana Asavahame, of the rogue monk (can't remember his name; the one who loved to fly private jets and brandish luxury handbags and bundles of money), of the high-ranking military officer allegedly involved in human trafficking and now living in Myanmar, and of all other assorted Thai citizens who weren't man or woman enough to face the music for their alleged crimes and instead chose to do a runner. These cowards do do not deserve to keep their passports.

From the other paper Thaksin's lawyer Wattana Tiangkun reportedly said that the revocation was a discriminatory practice which is now causing problems for his client. He went on to say that Thaksin cannot conduct financial transactions abroad or return to Thailand.

Does this lawyer think the Court is stupid? Obviously otherwise he would have never made such a statement. What is to stop Thaksin legally from coming back to Thailand. Nothing. He doesn't want to come back because he has goal time to serve and as soon as he is back he will be hit with a whole lot more charges. The Court should charge both Thaksin and his lawyer with wasting Court time.

come to the admin court in person and you might just get someone to notice, how on earth is this man allowed to present anything to a court while on the run

I hope the new consitution and law reforms allows for the prosecution of people who are "on the run" if you don't show up to defend yourself ..........up to you but the case will proceed in your absense, this IMO is a very fundamental step forward with the Thai justice system- currently it is severely flawed

One of the reasons I am often abrupt and abrasive with people in TVF is that their ignorance and state of delusion is annoying.

Is it so difficult for you to consider the legal issue(s) at hand Instead of making a comment that is based solely upon your dislike of the man?

I will make this crystal clear for you.

1. In a civil procedure such as this there is no requirement for the plaintiff to appear in court. I expect that even in your homeland, a similar procedure requires no presence by the plaintiff.

2. How on earth is the man allowed to present anything in court? Well, he's not presenting anything. His legal counsel represented his position. This is how Thai law is structured. If you are upset with Thai civil procedures, what are you doing in Thailand? Surely, this condition is so onerous that it must have already pushed you to the breaking point. Oh the calamity of a civil process that is common to many other countries.

3. DELETED Thailand allows for trials in absentia, however, such a law outside of criminal cases of gross violence such as war crimes is considered to be a violation of basic legal rights. DELETED There is a reason why advanced democracies do not process basic criminal cases in absentia. It's called due process. DELETED Trials of absentia are open to abuse and are noted for such. This is why they are discouraged. There are other ways in which to successfully prosecute a case against someone who has left the country. Unfortunately for the current administration, the international community does not appear to have embraced the prosecutorial position and it seems that no one will honour Thailand's request(s). Have your considered the reason why that is so?

Well done, Administrative Court! And next time he files a lawsuit of any sort, don't accept it. Convicted felons who have jumped bail and are on the run should not have the right to file any lawsuits - unless they show responsibility and integrity, return and fight their own case.

And while we're at it: I think it's about time this government show that it's unbiased by also revoking the passport(s) of the Red Bull heir, of Vatana Asavahame, of the rogue monk (can't remember his name; the one who loved to fly private jets and brandish luxury handbags and bundles of money), of the high-ranking military officer allegedly involved in human trafficking and now living in Myanmar, and of all other assorted Thai citizens who weren't man or woman enough to face the music for their alleged crimes and instead chose to do a runner. These cowards do do not deserve to keep their passports.

I hope you face an administrative procedure while outside of Thailand. It's an easy way to seize your property should one so desire.

Did you consider the implications of what you wrote? If your wish comes true, then any foreigner who has a dispute will automatically lose. All that needs to be done is to ensure the foreigner cannot show up for trial. This can be done through selective date filings and harassment through visa renewals.

My wish is that some of you people would think. You want basic due process, but don't stop and think about what it means.

Hello, earth to GK, earth calling.

Wake up and get real.

Thaksin is a convicted criminal, who tried to bribe the judges but then never appealed the verdict choosing to jump bail before sentencing. The outstanding 15 or so serious cases waiting in the courts, for which some arrest warrants have been issued, cannot proceed without him attending the first hearing. He knows this and chooses to wait the statute of limitations rather than risk the lengthy sentences should he be convicted; unless of course he can contrive an amnesty before.

The whole justice system is a mish mash of laws enforced or not enforced, applied or not, as required. Sentencing seems to depend on wealth, family and connections. "Due Process" - it is whatever it's decided to be at the time, what suits the desired outcome.

Thaksin relied on bribery, intimidation and threat to convince courts, lawyers and witnesses that weren't already on his side. That's not working at the moment, although there doesn't seem any appetite to try to extradite him, or any of the other assorted runners.

His main strategy is to maintain he's never ever done anything wrong, never ever and that all charges against him are political. Hard to see the Krungthai Bank Fraud Case as political - but that's his only answer.

He holds the law in contempt but of course wants to use it when he thinks there might be some advantage. Something billionaires seem to do. That's is idea of due process - use the law to keep in the media, gain some attention, stir the shit and if there are any benefits take them.

I hope you face an administrative procedure while outside of Thailand. It's an easy way to seize your property should one so desire.

Did you consider the implications of what you wrote? If your wish comes true, then any foreigner who has a dispute will automatically lose. All that needs to be done is to ensure the foreigner cannot show up for trial. This can be done through selective date filings and harassment through visa renewals.

My wish is that some of you people would think. You want basic due process, but don't stop and think about what it means.

He refers to convicted felons or those deliberately fleeing high profile cases. Non are foreigners, even though some might hold more than one passport.

Read his post again. He's against bail jumpers and not foreigners being excluded. That's your imagination.

You actually think there is a basic due process here, that is followed and adhered to in all cases? Just look how some of the high profile cases over the last year have "progressed" or not, as the case may be. Read a comment the other day that the mysterious billionaire's death and amazing share transfer is progressing at snail's pace. Apparently the evidence very confusing now - yeah right. You think foreigners will always be treated in accordance with the law, in word and spirit?

He refers to convicted felons or those deliberately fleeing high profile cases. Non are foreigners, even though some might hold more than one passport.

Read his post again. He's against bail jumpers and not foreigners being excluded. That's your imagination.

You actually think there is a basic due process here, that is followed and adhered to in all cases? Just look how some of the high profile cases over the last year have "progressed" or not, as the case may be. Read a comment the other day that the mysterious billionaire's death and amazing share transfer is progressing at snail's pace. Apparently the evidence very confusing now - yeah right. You think foreigners will always be treated in accordance with the law, in word and spirit?

Thanks for coming to my defense, Baerboxer. You've read my post exactly right. What you explained is precisely what I intended to confer, nothing more, nothing less. It is the "elite's" un-culture of routinely jumping bail and bribing and cheating their way through the legal system that is the bane of Thailand. I am all for "due process" when it is warranted, fair, unbiased and morally justifiable. But letting high-profile defendants abscond on a regular, then sit it out comfortably abroad until the statute of limitations expires so they can return home scot-free, has - in my opinion - nothing to do with "due process", but it's a calculated attempt on behalf of the accused to cheat the legal system.

Is it right that the Red Bull heir awaits his absolution in a foreign country (and is laughing his a** off)? Or is it fair and just that the convicted Asavahame scoundrel has a ball of a time in Cambodia? I think not.

FREEDOM comes at a price and he chose is way to keep his freedom ,by bolting from the country, I think he must have a pre conceived idea that he will still be able to return one day and do NO TIME,

He will return surely one day in the future. My best guess is that it will be in a body bag. He is getting pretty old. Of course another secret vote in a future gov is not uncertain. In Thailand anything is possible hmmm!

Ahh, the boogeyman...

All Thaksin has done is beat the other scumbags away from the trough.

Fair and square. (Thai style of course) wai2.gifwai.gif

For 10 years.

Beat them again with his sister.

Simple as that.

And they are pissed.

Anyone who believes that the current lot are any different, is delusional.

Posts Removed - Posts Edited

There is no reason to Troll or Flame anyone. Present your case in a Civil, Respectful manner and move on. No one deserves the abuse, and Sanctions will be handed out for those not following the Rules

One of the reasons I am often abrupt and abrasive with people in TVF is that their ignorance and state of delusion is annoying.

Is it so difficult for you to consider the legal issue(s) at hand Instead of making a comment that is based solely upon your dislike of the man?

I will make this crystal clear for you.

1. In a civil procedure such as this there is no requirement for the plaintiff to appear in court. I expect that even in your homeland, a similar procedure requires no presence by the plaintiff.

2. How on earth is the man allowed to present anything in court? Well, he's not presenting anything. His legal counsel represented his position. This is how Thai law is structured. If you are upset with Thai civil procedures, what are you doing in Thailand? Surely, this condition is so onerous that it must have already pushed you to the breaking point. Oh the calamity of a civil process that is common to many other countries.

3. DELETED Thailand allows for trials in absentia, however, such a law outside of criminal cases of gross violence such as war crimes is considered to be a violation of basic legal rights. DELETED There is a reason why advanced democracies do not process basic criminal cases in absentia. It's called due process. DELETED Trials of absentia are open to abuse and are noted for such. This is why they are discouraged. There are other ways in which to successfully prosecute a case against someone who has left the country. Unfortunately for the current administration, the international community does not appear to have embraced the prosecutorial position and it seems that no one will honour Thailand's request(s). Have your considered the reason why that is so?

Australia does criminal trials in absentia. I have been involved in a couple of them when working for prosecution. I guess that means australia is not an advanced democracy.

FREEDOM comes at a price and he chose is way to keep his freedom ,by bolting from the country, I think he must have a pre conceived idea that he will still be able to return one day and do NO TIME,

Plan 1: Pay for lots of people to go to Bangkok and barricade off a section for protests, Then create a bloodbath of your supporters and trigger a peoples revolution. Then return to the country to cheering crowds at he airport as it's savior and supreme leader.

FAIL.

Plan 2: Put family members in all key positions (particularly Paradorn in the NSC) then quickly railroad an amnesty bill through before anyone can stop it.

FAIL. Someone leaked the audio tape and gave the game away.

Plan 3: Hoodwink Parliament with a moderate amnesty bill, then change it at the eleventh hour and railroad it through in the most undemocratic and disgraceful manner possible that same night (even though the opposition walked out) and pass it at 4 o'clock in the morning.

FAIL : That damn Suthep. We hate him, we hate him.

Plan 4 : Work in progress, but things are looking bleak. Popular support is dwindling and more desperate means may be necessary. But make sure you go out in a blaze of spite : funding an underground terrorist group is looking like a good option.

Perhaps as an option now Thaksin can sue the RTP for defamation. Standing for such a law suit in Thailand only requires the perception of damage to reputation and does not rely on relevant facts. At a minimum the police will need to identift specific comments made by Thaksin and explain why the comments harmed national security.

Simple transparancey for fair and equal justice - no matter who you are.

Of course, Thaksin as now really former Police Lieutenant-Colonel is welcome to have his legal team file a defamation case against the RTP.

Ahh, the boogeyman...

All Thaksin has done is beat the other scumbags away from the trough.

Fair and square. (Thai style of course) wai2.gifwai.gif

For 10 years.

Beat them again with his sister.

Simple as that.

And they are pissed.

Anyone who believes that the current lot are any different, is delusional.

Since you wrote 'the other scumbags' it would seem you defame both Thaksin and the others.

From the other paper Thaksin's lawyer Wattana Tiangkun reportedly said that the revocation was a discriminatory practice which is now causing problems for his client. He went on to say that Thaksin cannot conduct financial transactions abroad or return to Thailand.

Does this lawyer think the Court is stupid? Obviously otherwise he would have never made such a statement. What is to stop Thaksin legally from coming back to Thailand. Nothing. He doesn't want to come back because he has goal time to serve and as soon as he is back he will be hit with a whole lot more charges. The Court should charge both Thaksin and his lawyer with wasting Court time.

Causing problems?

At first all looked 'not too worry' peachy-rosy early June 2015. Even daughter Paetongtran instagrammed "father in Montenegro to add new pages to his Montenegran passport. We also had

2015-06-04

"Attasit Pankaew, a political science lecturer at Thammasat University, agreed, saying Thaksin can still travel on other passports.

The lecturer also said that he does not believe Thaksinwill exploit this development by telling the world that he's being bullied. Instead, he believes that by giving that interview in Seoul, the former PM had gone on the offensive - waiting for the junta to attack. Hence, he can hardly say he's being bullied."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Revoking-Thaksins-passports-will-have-no-effect-30261565.html

Your solution then is to have an arbitrary application of law, and one set of laws for one group of people.

Be consistent. Either there is one law for all or there isn't. Your approach gives us scenarios where a wealthy heir mowed down people with his vehicle and absconded, or the army officer who ran down the doctor in the parking lot over a parking space and didn't go to trial, or that the army general implicated in a human trafficking case has yet to be prosecuted. That's what your approach produces.

Archived