BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
ubonjoe

New Overstay Rules Announced By Immigration

I know a Laos girl who just got into the country on a new passport even though she's blacklisted on the old one, fwiw.

Might happen.

Did she do some name change probably?

Do Laos people have a unique ID like Thais?

Thai immigration still not seems to be clever enough to do biometrics.

Same name, they knew she was blacklisted on her previous passport but let her in on a new one, she says she 'knows everyone there' at that border post.

I know a Laos girl who just got into the country on a new passport even though she's blacklisted on the old one, fwiw.

Might happen.

Did she do some name change probably?

Do Laos people have a unique ID like Thais?

Thai immigration still not seems to be clever enough to do biometrics.

Same name, they knew she was blacklisted on her previous passport but let her in on a new one, she says she 'knows everyone there' at that border post.

What a Lao girl and honkie farang can get away with are 2 different things -- that also depends on just how well she knows everyone there.

• Like 1

Without proof that she was actually blacklisted and she entered the country with a passport in the same name, the report is worthless and doesn't help anyone.

Any internet forum report is anecdote, they're not mathematical equations. But ok here's the first few pages of her passport, she's in the country now on this replacement passport, with no proper entry stamp.

http://imgur.com/a/EQUHX

Without proof that she was actually blacklisted and she entered the country with a passport in the same name, the report is worthless and doesn't help anyone.

Any internet forum report is anecdote, they're not mathematical equations. But ok here's the first few pages of her passport, she's in the country now on this replacement passport, with no proper entry stamp.

I am not saying you are making it up. I'm saying the report is worthless with no proof that she is blacklisted.

And if she doesn't have an entry stamp she is here illegally and the passport/blacklisting is completely irrelevant. Laotians getting a free pass at the border is nothing new.

Which means she is in the country illegally.

Not a very smart move .

Jspill you;re not the brightest of people are you? Posting photos that can easily identify the Passport holder (clue, the rather large numbers at the bottom of the Passport page)

• Like 2

Jspill you;re not the brightest of people are you? Posting photos that can easily identify the Passport holder (clue, the rather large numbers at the bottom of the Passport page)

Is anyone reading this so pathetic that they'd report some random Laotian's passport number to the authorities? Or expect them to do anything about it?

Edit: some of Thaivisa probably are that bitter actually.

Edited by jspill

Can't tell what the Lao girl can or can't do without a photo anyway.

Can someone explain something to me please.If someone is on overstay now even for a week they will get banned for a year or 5 if caught.If dont get caught and provided they have not overstayed for 90 days then there will be no ban?

I am not saying you are making it up. I'm saying the report is worthless with no proof that she is blacklisted.

And if she doesn't have an entry stamp she is here illegally and the passport/blacklisting is completely irrelevant. Laotians getting a free pass at the border is nothing new.

Here's the blacklist form... http://imgur.com/qeu6gTB

I know all that but I'm just posting for the 'well done Thailand, secure our borders, overstay is a serious crime' lot.

Every year the banks and the drug stores give out free calendars. Next year, maybe get one.

Can someone explain something to me please.If someone is on overstay now even for a week they will get banned for a year or 5 if caught.If dont get caught and provided they have not overstayed for 90 days then there will be no ban?

No one knows yet, the law says you can be banned even for 1 day but in practice that might not be enforced for short overstays, have to wait and see.

If at the airport, there's the 90 day no ban period, yes.

@jspill

It's not worth potentially getting someone into trouble just to prove a point to people on a forum.

• Like 1

Every year the banks and the drug stores give out free calendars. Next year, maybe get one.

It was a deliberate overstay. Laotians don't consider it a big deal at all, unlike farang on messageboards. Strange that.