Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

webfact

I hope they stay strong and fight against the Authorities that have not helped them with this horrific shambles of a murder investigation!!

Hopefully the world will wake up to the corrupt authorities that exist in Thailand!!

And if the world wakes up what can or will the world do? Nothing!

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To protect their interests. And it seemed to have been working for the past 16 months until the Witheridges could just not take it anymore...

You are one of the hang em high brigade aren't you? Starting to have second thoughts now?

Nope. I'm not in favour of the death penalty. I also do not have vested interests on Koh Tao.

I meant the guilt of the Burmese.

No second thoughts on that though.

"quotes of the things said to my bereaved, heart broken family by the judges and court officials at the trial"

Why didn't reporters jump all over this if it was said at the trial?

Do you honestly believe that what was allegedly said by by the judge(s) to the bereaved would have been in full earshot of the press? If you do, you have a lot to learn about human nature, and more especially Thailand.

Hannah’s sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the family’s grief and criticising Thai authorities’ handling of the case. She says her family were told: “Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.”

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

I have to agree - I take this with a huge pinch of salt

To protect their interests. And it seemed to have been working for the past 16 months until the Witheridges could just not take it anymore...

You are one of the hang em high brigade aren't you? Starting to have second thoughts now?

Nope. I'm not in favour of the death penalty. I also do not have vested interests on Koh Tao.

So who do you think was threatening and intimidating Laura in the UK?

The arm of the Koh Tai mafia is long enough to reach into UK?

Theoretically yes. It would not be that hard to contact a family member or friend - one of the many Thai residing in the U.K.

Question is why would they be doing that?

I don't see where she says she was threatened in the UK & not Thailand....

Hannah’s sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the family’s grief and criticising Thai authorities’ handling of the case. She says her family were told: “Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.”

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

I don't know if the comments attributed to the Thai officials are true or not, but I will say it sounds EXACTLY like something a Thai official would be likely to say.

we ought to be careful of translations though as well, many phrases in Thai when translated directly sound strange. i remember everyone pouncing on Prayut for supposedly saying ''don't think so much'' when in fact although the word think was used, in the context he was using it meant ''don't worry too much''

Agreed, in this case a lot has been lost in translation and possibly wrongly interpreted.

Thai (Buddhists) do have a way of dealing with life and death which is incomprehensible to many Westerners. They will console each other by firmly believing in reincarnation and Karma. In a way it's no different than saying "she's in heaven now".

Another strange one is that when a baby is born everyone will say "what an ugly baby".

I also agree that whoever have been sending those pictures and threats are sick people.

"Agreed, in this case a lot has been lost in translation and possibly wrongly interpreted"

You were obviously a witness to the conversation(s) or have a certified transcript thereof.

Perhaps you could post a copy of what was actually said so that your utterings can be considered with any credibility.

"but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy." Really? and you know this because?

Don't come to Thailand, dear beloved sister............ too dangerous....... mafia on the pounce

I live here and spent hundreds of thousands of USA dollars to live here. F#$%^&* Thai <deleted> approach me, good luck. I carry a weapon. One shot one kill. You live like an Ostrich. Bad advice, you you live in a village and they suck your resources. Its time to stop this sucking up to Thai ness, bullshit. If they prey on Frangs, its time to understand we spent BILLIONS of dollars into their economy.

Its 2015 and the Thai system with police and corruption , I came here to live in peace. Then will learn the hard way if you approach me.

Sad to hear, some wackos on the net, probably just a troll but who knows

"Only done half the job" sounds like it came from a fellow Brit. Most probably from a immature jealous class mate, ex-boyfriend, work colleague, etc. Death threat for what ... being good looking? By the way I doubt the phrase "Only done half the job" would come from a Thai / Burmese. All the same Facebook should report the posters and have she/he investigated by the appropriate authorities.

Don't let logic get in the way of the usual mindless Thai bashing. No matter what does or does not happen in Thailand, it's all bad according to some and pretty much anything bad that happens worldwide must be blamed on Thailand. The Thai Visa Choir only knows one tune.

The arm of the Koh Tai mafia is long enough to reach into UK?

Theoretically yes. It would not be that hard to contact a family member or friend - one of the many Thai residing in the U.K.

Question is why would they be doing that?

I don't see where she says she was threatened in the UK & not Thailand....

"What if I told you that I have been sent crime scene photographs? What if I told you that I have been chased in my car?"

I am convinced we will hear from Laura again, possibly even from her parents. This will all depend on the reaction, if at all, from the RTP. If their response is to harsh towards Laura her accusations I hope she will fight back with everything she got. This is the dilemma the RTP is faced with right now as we speak. Of course they can never admit these things were said, money was offered for their silence etc, so they will probably blame it on some sicko's that live in every part of the world. So Laura, I suggest to start preparing a draft with the names, dates & times.

Laura Witheridge

https://www.facebook.com/laura.witheridge?fref=nf

So, as some of you may have already seen- there has been another death of yet another British National on koh tao. I wasn’t going to post anything, not until I logged on here this morning to see that a friend had shared the link warning people not to go there… it wasn’t the sharing of the link or the warning that triggered this lengthy status, as I hope people do share these things and try and warn people not to go… it was the ignorant comment someone had made about how Thailand is ‘the most beautiful place in the world’ that frustrated me this morning. Aesthetically, on a postcard or photograph, maybe… However, literally… I have to disagree. Lots of things ‘look’ beautiful. You only have to consider a lion, or tiger… beautiful to look at, yes… but get too close and they will tear you apart and feed you to their young. My point being that aesthetic beauty can lure you into a very dangerous trap.

Since Hannah was taken from us, I am continually asked whether I will warn the World about the dangers of Thailand… I am asked if I will warn people because I might just ‘save someone’s life’. This person’s comment serves as a perfect example of why I would be wasting my time. People can be ignorant and many, probably the majority, have very short memories. Countless times, I have logged in to facebook and seen statuses made by people who know both Hannah and I, who have gone out there anyway. They think it wont happen to them… Well, guess what? Neither did we. No one is immune. Many thai’s hate westeners and they have little to no regard for human life. I don’t say this lightly, or without reason. Let me share a few facts with you about this ‘beautiful’ place you speak of…

Would it surprise you if I told you that the thai’s view drug possession as a more serious offence than rape or murder? Or that the vast majority of the thai police force are corrupt? What if I told you that when we went to Thailand to bring Hannah home, we were offered the opportunity to go to the Royal Thai police headquarters for an ‘official update’… but that, on arrival, we were taken into a large room, left for 5 minutes before the door opened and around 200 journalists were allowed into the room and we were ambushed by this mob of hungry journalists shoving cameras in our faces… The thai police chief had no intentions of giving us an update… after all, the bungled investigation meant he had nothing to tell us. The invitation was merely an opportunity for the press to take photographs of our family. This link serves as evidence of this: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/…/we-need-digest-trial-outcome-s…

What if I told you that since we lost Hannah there have been many more suspicious deaths on koh tao. You probably haven’t heard of them all, as not all were British Nationals. The deaths, where possible, are covered up as suicides and accidents. This would have happened with Hannah, if it had not been for the hideous brutality of her passing. I highly suspect that with this latest tragedy, the thai’s will say that it was an accidental death caused by drugs. Hiding the truth and offering a story that suits, is something that they do often… My thoughts are with Luke Miller's family and friends.

What if I told you that I have had many death threats from thai people since they murdered my sister? That they defaced photographs of me saying that the killers had only done ‘half the job’… what if I told you that people commented on these photographs saying things like ‘there is still time’, and ‘tick tock tick tock’. What if I told you that I have been sent crime scene photographs? What if I told you that I have been chased in my car? What if I told you that the thais offered us ‘compensation’? Obviously we were absolutely appalled and declined.

What if I told you that I am now frightened of my own shadow? That I am constantly looking over my shoulder? That I am exhausted, but frightened to sleep because of the nightmares? I miss my sister desperately. My heart is heavy and my mind is tired.

Still think Thailand is beautiful? If your answer is still ‘yes’ then I would suggest you watch the following:

https://youtu.be/BRi8AqoXxio

Please feel free to share this post

I think it is possible to get (criminal) IT experts trace where the emails originated from, probably from some Internet cafe in KT, maybe Mon & Co. were even so dumb to send it from their private IP address.... wishful thinking I know.

The more I think about the (well prepared & typed up) statement of the Millers directly after the verdict the more I am convinced they did accept money to read that statement...... if that comes out to be true............wow.....wishful thinking again I know.

Your thinking is the reason so many convictions are overturned in the west.

Despite no evidence, except a police say so, some jurists will still convict because of their prejudice or simple mindedness.

Appellate court rules the jury could not reasonably convict on the evidence and defendants go free.

It is people with your thinking that this avenue of appeal against a jury decision being unsound and unreasonable exists.

About time the British Government grew a pair and confronted the Thai government.

To busy pandering to the Thai's trying to beat everybody else to next arms sale, or export deal, this is most inconvenient for the British Government.

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Oxo's posting resembles anything but the poster's own fantasy. It is a disgraceful post - one of the worst I have seen in all my years on TV. I have no doubt whatsoever that what Laura reports is correct. Anyone with an ounce of understanding of this whole tragic situation should oppose Oxo's post. Shameful.

"Only done half the job" sounds like it came from a fellow Brit. Most probably from a immature jealous class mate, ex-boyfriend, work colleague, etc. Death threat for what ... being good looking? By the way I doubt the phrase "Only done half the job" would come from a Thai / Burmese. All the same Facebook should report the posters and have she/he investigated by the appropriate authorities.

Don't let logic get in the way of the usual mindless Thai bashing. No matter what does or does not happen in Thailand, it's all bad according to some and pretty much anything bad that happens worldwide must be blamed on Thailand. The Thai Visa Choir only knows one tune.

Yes, there are 'Thai bashers' on this thread, but there are also members who post with an open mind, who are willing to listen to and consider all possibilities. The latter are 'fence sitters'. On the other hand there are those who have jumped over the fence and bash the Thai bashers, aren't there?

I can see the Police system is failing in Thailand. sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png

what is your aim apart from adding fuel to the fire. Thailand is the safest country I have ever been in and dealing with the police have been mothing but pleasant..

But then I am a decent person....exactly what fid the police do to you that gives you prmise to slag them...or do you just like to listen to yourself talk rubbish?

I can see the Police system is failing in Thailand. sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png

what is your aim apart from adding fuel to the fire. Thailand is the safest country I have ever been in and dealing with the police has been nothing but pleasant..

But then I am a decent person....exactly what did the police do to you that gives you premise to slag them...or do you just like to listen to yourself talk rubbish?

Lets not forget Luke Miller........the world should demand to see the CCTV footage between 05.30-07.30 of the Sunset Bar. if those hours are not recorded (or lost) we know the score.......

1) At 05.30 security searched the pool for lost valuables as they do after every big pool party, no sign of Luke

2( At 07.30 he was found by cleaners.

Lets not forget Luke!

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Oxo's posting resembles anything but the poster's own fantasy. It is a disgraceful post - one of the worst I have seen in all my years on TV. I have no doubt whatsoever that what Laura reports is correct. Anyone with an ounce of understanding of this whole tragic situation should oppose Oxo's post. Shameful.

It's rather strange that the part mentioning these statements being made is not on her facebook page posting. Yes there are claims that it was there before -even with screenshots. But why was this deleted by Laura?

Because she was threatened again? Or has she been advised that this would be a claim that she could not substantiate? I would think the latter.

Who do you think her advisers are?

Yes, and I suppose you'd prefer to hear them singing the Suradit69 'Anthem', wouldn't you?

Archived