Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

webfact

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to hear, some wackos on the net, probably just a troll but who knows

"Only done half the job" sounds like it came from a fellow Brit. Most probably from a immature jealous class mate, ex-boyfriend, work colleague, etc. Death threat for what ... being good looking? By the way I doubt the phrase "Only done half the job" would come from a Thai / Burmese. All the same Facebook should report the posters and have she/he investigated by the appropriate authorities.

I have met two Thais who lived for years in the UK - one had a strong East End accent and knew all the cockney slang. The latter was definitely a thug and a criminal - it would be something that he would say

One way or the other this is bad news for the Thai authorities. The fact that the RTP have been criticized from the start, they made themselves open to both true and untrue statements as a consequence. What the RTP don't realise is that, true or false this will provoke serious action and someone may even make a short film about it not to mention someone being hired (from outside Thailand) to collect info.

It's depressing to find myself back here after so long.

At least I am not sickened by seeing certain individuals post callous fiction here anymore, except that one (oxy)moron.

Lets hope this stays around long enough for the authorities to get hot around the collar. I hold little hope.

However after 14 years here, I am hoping, after fulfilling some business contracts, to be outta here in under 2 years.

As some posters do insist on confusing righteous contempt of the Police with Thai bashing i shall add: I will miss all the wonderful, enlightened and gentle Thai friends I have made and feel sorry that they have to live in such a morally bankrupt system.

Sad to hear, some wackos on the net, probably just a troll but who knows

"Only done half the job" sounds like it came from a fellow Brit. Most probably from a immature jealous class mate, ex-boyfriend, work colleague, etc. Death threat for what ... being good looking? By the way I doubt the phrase "Only done half the job" would come from a Thai / Burmese. All the same Facebook should report the posters and have she/he investigated by the appropriate authorities.

I have met two Thais who lived for years in the UK - one had a strong East End accent and knew all the cockney slang. The latter was definitely a thug and a criminal - it would be something that he would say

So it's him that did it?

Cyber bullying (or stalking) is a growing trend.

These people are dispicable... And words simply fail me to describe the type of person attacking this poor woman, after what she'sshe and the families have been thru... Psychotic, perhaps.

One would have thought " only in Hollywood".

I read the other day, in a different thread ( maybe regarding a vehicular accident) that if compensation is accepted, then suing for a larger amount at a later date cannot be done... So the offer of compensation, if that poster was correct, seems in line with Thai thinking

If this threat, or line of stalking, were against a person of consequence (member of parliament or nobility, for example) it would indeed be tracked down to its source... After all, the Brits probably have some of the most sophisticated electronics and cyber tools at their disposal ( not meaning to debegrate the NSA etc,) , but using them costs money

This is such a sad and bad story that it beggars belief... And the old adage " time heals"' just doesn't cut it!

This should be a fine example of how Thai police view Foreigners in Thailand and Although I cannot say with certainty that they did in fact say this. Based on my experience here in Thailand I would say it is not beyond the realm of belief

Aye and neither are the death threats and the pictures been sent to her... not beyond belief at all...

And she is just a victim, sister of the actual victim...

Not surprise the arm of some big boys could reach UK easily...

Many people can be bought and not only in Thailand...

Now, considering the above, and reflecting on another potential actor (in the full meaning of the term) in this case...

Could be a very good explanation about the silence and the hiding of Sean McAnna.

The arm of the Koh Tai mafia is long enough to reach into UK?

Theoretically yes. It would not be that hard to contact a family member or friend - one of the many Thai residing in the U.K.

Question is why would they be doing that?

I don't see where she says she was threatened in the UK & not Thailand....

"What if I told you that I have been sent crime scene photographs? What if I told you that I have been chased in my car?"

Yes - my point - she does not mention where these things happened.

You would think she meant the UK, getting chased in her car, would think she would have got the car number, colour?

The arm of the Koh Tai mafia is long enough to reach into UK?

Theoretically yes. It would not be that hard to contact a family member or friend - one of the many Thai residing in the U.K.

Question is why would they be doing that?

I don't see where she says she was threatened in the UK & not Thailand....

"What if I told you that I have been sent crime scene photographs? What if I told you that I have been chased in my car?"

Yes - my point - she does not mention where these things happened.

You would think she meant the UK, getting chased in her car, would think she would have got the car number, colour?

roo860 everything you are concerned about does not need to be discussed on an open forum or FB, that can be saved for court if they catch the people doing it. Wait for it when it is really needed.

This should be a fine example of how Thai police view Foreigners in Thailand and Although I cannot say with certainty that they did in fact say this. Based on my experience here in Thailand I would say it is not beyond the realm of belief

Aye and neither are the death threats and the pictures been sent to her... not beyond belief at all...

And she is just a victim, sister of the actual victim...

Not surprise the arm of some big boys could reach UK easily...

Many people can be bought and not only in Thailand...

Now, considering the above, and reflecting on another potential actor (in the full meaning of the term) in this case...

Could be a very good explanation about the silence and the hiding of Sean McAnna.

Via Sean's Facebook page you can find where his mother works quite easily, A threat against her or Sean himself would certainly terrify a person especially if you've seen a bit of their handy work. The threats are sop for these types of animals. So I would take them seriously as I'm sure those concerned are.

another sick outburst by the rtp involving the koh thao murder trial why are you here shes dead go make another one a remark made to the bereaved family a nasty remark made by nasty uncaring people.

Once again: It's rather strange that the part mentioning these statements being made is not on her facebook page posting. Yes there are claims that it was there before -even with screenshots. But why was this deleted by Laura?

Because she was threatened again? Or has she been advised that this would be a claim that she could not substantiate? I would think the latter.

Who do you think her advisers are?

Would have thought if someone was going to say they'd been chased, they would also say it had been reported to the police.

But that's my own thoughts.

Try reading her post, She did report all of this. Why do people comment without reading?

Try reading her post, where does she say she reported this to the police? Why do people comment without reading?

Would have thought if someone was going to say they'd been chased, they would also say it had been reported to the police.

Try reading her post, She did report all of this. Why do people comment without reading?

Try reading her post, where does she say she reported this to the police? Why do people comment without reading?

Do you ever tire of being wrong or having to play the bad guy all the time? I find it strange that your backup isn't posting on any of this and you have to tow the cart on your own this time, something which you are ill equipped for as always.

Here is the comment from Laura, next time read the thread properly before you out yourself again; "I reported them. Like I reported the crime scene photos being sent to me. UK police logged into my Facebook and made them disappear but no one was ever punished or held accountable for any of it... as with all of it, it was swept under the rug. "

In this case we have two opposing bell sound:

1 The Miller family thanking Thai authorities for their hospitality, validating their work and conclusions of the court.

2 Hannah's sister wrote a message Facebook where she complained of the bad reception, provocations and threats without specifying sources. She concluded by a global warning on the island and Thailand in general.

Yet we talking about the same case.

The only tangible deduction is that the truth will not come from families.

As usual armchair detectives jump on this opportunity to express coarsely their oppinion. But everyone is free to give importance to any comment according to his convictions.

My guess is that as long as she stays away from Thailand, she will be safe. There is no such thing as the long arm of thailand, or little threat from these insects overseas. They are just not powerful or well connected enough to have any influence off of Thai shores. They would be laughed out of London or New York. And they would probably be too cheap to buy the kind of power that would be required to do anything heinous overseas. But, while here in the LOS, I would watch my back. Many here do not like their murderous intent pointed out, and the rich and elite can be nasty, and she would have absolutely no protection from the RCB (revenue collection bureau) who like to pretend they are policemen.

Do you ever tire of being wrong or having to play the bad guy all the time? I find it strange that your backup isn't posting on any of this and you have to tow the cart on your own this time, something which you are ill equipped for as always.

Here is the comment from Laura, next time read the thread properly before you out yourself again; "I reported them. Like I reported the crime scene photos being sent to me. UK police logged into my Facebook and made them disappear but no one was ever punished or held accountable for any of it... as with all of it, it was swept under the rug. "

I stand corrected!!!!

As for the back up thing?

But thanks for the imput.

The only threats I've seen directed at the families (or anyone else) have come from people that believe the B2 are innocent scapegoats.

Here's one, still up in this forum:

"the Millers will soon regret their speech....Karma's gonna come knocking..."

Same for sending and distributing pictures of the bodies of both victims, now the same people want to turn around and say "how horrible!".

Right now, on David Miller & Hannah Witheridge Tribute page there are close ups of David's wounds posted by a CSI LA fan.

I can't believe the hypocrisy I see at play here.

Archived