Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

webfact

The only threats I've seen directed at the families (or anyone else) have come from people that believe the B2 are innocent scapegoats.

Here's one, still up in this forum:

"the Millers will soon regret their speech....Karma's gonna come knocking..."

Same for sending and distributing pictures of the bodies of both victims, now the same people want to turn around and say "how horrible!".

Right now, on David Miller & Hannah Witheridge Tribute page there are close ups of David's wounds posted by a CSI LA fan.

I can't believe the hypocrisy I see at play here.

The wounds that were so obviously made by a hoe?

How were those wounds made AleG? I bet you don't answer that!

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only threats I've seen directed at the families (or anyone else) have come from people that believe the B2 are innocent scapegoats.

Here's one, still up in this forum:

"the Millers will soon regret their speech....Karma's gonna come knocking..."

Same for sending and distributing pictures of the bodies of both victims, now the same people want to turn around and say "how horrible!".

Right now, on David Miller & Hannah Witheridge Tribute page there are close ups of David's wounds posted by a CSI LA fan.

I can't believe the hypocrisy I see at play here.

You dont have access to her Facebook private messages or Phone numbers or live in her shoes and know what comes thru her letter box or any other ways of contacting her ........So how the hell would you know what threats she's had or not had!.................You write some despicable crap ....repulsive!

I can see the Police system is failing in Thailand. sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png

What system? Never has been never will be! The statement says everything that I thought about Thailand in a whole. The Thais do not care or will ever care about anyone else & that includes their own kind. I have 9 days left here before I return to civilization. I am so looking forward to never visiting here again. I just hope that the future will see change here but it will not happen in my life time & probably not in my children's time.

Would have thought if someone was going to say they'd been chased, they would also say it had been reported to the police.

But that's my own thoughts.

Try reading her post, She did report all of this. Why do people comment without reading?

Try reading her post, where does she say she reported this to the police? Why do people comment without reading?

You'll only see what you want to see. blind to anything that doesn't support your agenda.

Its called "bias confirmation"

Here is what she said :

I reported them. Like I reported the crime scene photos being sent to me. UK police logged into my Facebook and made them disappear but no one was ever punished or held accountable for any of it... as with all of it, it was swept under the rug. xxx

Try reading her post, where does she say she reported this to the police? Why do people comment without reading?

Do you ever tire of being wrong or having to play the bad guy all the time? I find it strange that your backup isn't posting on any of this and you have to tow the cart on your own this time, something which you are ill equipped for as always.

Here is the comment from Laura, next time read the thread properly before you out yourself again; "I reported them. Like I reported the crime scene photos being sent to me. UK police logged into my Facebook and made them disappear but no one was ever punished or held accountable for any of it... as with all of it, it was swept under the rug. "

I stand corrected!!!!

As for the back up thing?

But thanks for the imput.

My comment wasn't aimed at you, look at who I was replying to.

My guess is that as long as she stays away from Thailand, she will be safe. There is no such thing as the long arm of thailand, or little threat from these insects overseas. They are just not powerful or well connected enough to have any influence off of Thai shores. They would be laughed out of London or New York. And they would probably be too cheap to buy the kind of power that would be required to do anything heinous overseas. But, while here in the LOS, I would watch my back. Many here do not like their murderous intent pointed out, and the rich and elite can be nasty, and she would have absolutely no protection from the RCB (revenue collection bureau) who like to pretend they are policemen.

They do not need to buy a Minister or a Judge in UK or any other country...

With a few dark connections, easy to find some dark hands to do the dirty work in any country by recruiting on the local market....

Daesh seems to have grasp that concept already...

I am so glad that I was back from LOS before all of this came out (I came back very early Jan). I am sick to the bone. I don't think i'll ever return to Thailand after this, I just couldn't sit comfortably knowing that this is what goes on.

RIP Thailand. The unfortunate thing is that eventually this will all be forgotten about and tourism will remain. There needs to be a serious tourism boycott / cull, the only way to hit the Thai's is in the pocket (as has been mentioned so many times before)

The info in the article is only half as disturbing as her complete facebook post, and truly makes me wonder how the families could have said they believe justice was done. The sister at least quite clearly believes otherwise. Regardless, this is perhaps the most damning piece I have read on the affair. There is no reason to doubt her words either.

I haven't read the info in the article, but as far as "the families" saying they believe justice was done, do you still believe everything you read in the newspapers (or other corporate media)? Of course the Thai press is going to print that's what they said. You think they want to be invited to the Army Sports Club for "attitude adjustment?"

After a decade in Thailand & speaking fluent Thai, I am appalled by the country I now live in. Came here & loved it - at first. But after so many bad experiences & those of friends with lying, cheating, stealing - I could go on, I am utterly disillusioned by this country. And no, not some bitter, dissatisfied complainer. Lived 23 years in Hong Kong & never ever experienced the level of deception I have encountered here. And yes, planning to return to HK. Can't wait actually. And best of all HK has a real justice system which applies equally to both big & little fish!

Here is the comment from Laura, next time read the thread properly before you out yourself again; "I reported them. Like I reported the crime scene photos being sent to me. UK police logged into my Facebook and made them disappear but no one was ever punished or held accountable for any of it... as with all of it, it was swept under the rug. "

Okay I'll give you that one. Indeed a reply to a comment on her post.

Small mention of it in The Times today next to the article about the girl requesting blood in Chiang Mai which has received much more coverage. It is important to keep the momentum going concerning the Burmese boys. Their only chance of survival will be international public pressure. Everyone knows that this is a gross miscarriage of justice as has been stated here so many times

Would have thought if someone was going to say they'd been chased, they would also say it had been reported to the police.

But that's my own thoughts.

Try reading her post, She did report all of this. Why do people comment without reading?

Do you ever tire of being wrong or having to play the bad guy all the time? I find it strange that your backup isn't posting on any of this and you have to tow the cart on your own this time, something which you are ill equipped for as always.

I am sickened and appauled by the actions of my government and police force (UK). Shame on the UK authorities!

In the meantime can someone give me an answer as to why that whole part about those insensitive comments from the RTP has been deleted from her original facebook posting?

In the meantime can someone give me an answer as to why that whole part about those insensitive comments from the RTP has been deleted from her original facebook posting?

Why don't you ask her instead of asking strangers to speculate over and over?

Hannah’s sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the family’s grief and criticising Thai authorities’ handling of the case. She says her family were told: “Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.”

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

"This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here"

You obviously didn't read Laura's Facebook post properly. She linked to a photo of her shielding her distraught mum from the press when they were stitched up by the police at Bangkok police HQ. She was there. You weren't. She's not the one fantasizingrolleyes.gif .

Hannah's Sister Speaks Out.

Jan 12, 2016 — In a very brave development, Laura Witheridge has spoken out about her family's horrific treatment by Thai authorities. Her revelations have already begun to spread like wildfire in the media and it is our hope that the courage that she has shown will lead to David's family speaking out as well. Below is her full post, copy and pasted from Laura's Facebook page, as well as a link to her original page.

"So, as some of you may have already seen- there has been another death of yet another British National on koh tao. I wasn’t going to post anything, not until I logged on here this morning to see that a friend had shared the link warning people not to go there… it wasn’t the sharing of the link or the warning that triggered this lengthy status, as I hope people do share these things and try and warn people not to go… it was the ignorant comment someone had made about how Thailand is ‘the most beautiful place in the world’ that frustrated me this morning. Aesthetically, on a postcard or photograph, maybe… However, literally… I have to disagree. Lots of things ‘look’ beautiful. You only have to consider a lion, or tiger… beautiful to look at, yes… but get too close and they will tear you apart and feed you to their young. My point being that aesthetic beauty can lure you into a very dangerous trap.

Since Hannah was taken from us, I am continually asked whether I will warn the World about the dangers of Thailand… I am asked if I will warn people because I might just ‘save someone’s life’. This person’s comment serves as a perfect example of why I would be wasting my time. People can be ignorant and many, probably the majority, have very short memories. Countless times, I have logged in to facebook and seen statuses made by people who know both Hannah and I, who have gone out there anyway. They think it wont happen to them… Well, guess what? Neither did we. No one is immune. Many thai’s hate westeners and they have little to no regard for human life. I don’t say this lightly, or without reason.

Let me share a few facts with you about this ‘beautiful’ place you speak of…

Would it surprise you if I told you that the thai’s view drug possession as a more serious offence than rape or murder? Or that the vast majority of the thai police force are corrupt?

What if I told you that when we went to Thailand to bring Hannah home, we were offered the opportunity to go to the Royal Thai police headquarters for an ‘official update’… but that, on arrival, we were taken into a large room, left for 5 minutes before the door opened and around 200 journalists were allowed into the room and we were ambushed by this mob of hungry journalists shoving cameras in our faces…

The thai police chief had no intentions of giving us an update… after all, the bungled investigation meant he had nothing to tell us. The invitation was merely an opportunity for the press to take photographs of our family. This link serves as evidence of this: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/…/we-need-digest-trial-outcome-s…

What if I told you that since we lost Hannah there have been many more suspicious deaths on koh tao. You probably haven’t heard of them all, as not all were British Nationals. The deaths, where possible, are covered up as suicides and accidents. This would have happened with Hannah, if it had not been for the hideous brutality of her passing. I highly suspect that with this latest tragedy, the thai’s will say that it was an accidental death caused by drugs. Hiding the truth and offering a story that suits, is something that they do often… My thoughts are with Luke Miller's family and friends.

What if I told you that I have had many death threats from thai people since they murdered my sister? That they defaced photographs of me saying that the killers had only done ‘half the job’… what if I told you that people commented on these photographs saying things like ‘there is still time’, and ‘tick tock tick tock’. What if I told you that I have been sent crime scene photographs? What if I told you that I have been chased in my car? What if I told you that the thais offered us ‘compensation’? Obviously we were absolutely appalled and declined.

What if I told you that I am now frightened of my own shadow? That I am constantly looking over my shoulder? That I am exhausted, but frightened to sleep because of the nightmares? I miss my sister desperately. My heart is heavy and my mind is tired.

Still think Thailand is beautiful? If your answer is still ‘yes’ then I would suggest you watch the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRi8AqoXxio&app=desktop

Please feel free to share this post

https://www.facebook.com/laura.witheridge/posts/10153150628116986?fref=nf&pnref=story "

Please help to share her post and continue the social media outrage against the criminal Thai Police and murdering Koh Tao mafia scum. It is only when we stop publicly expressing our outrage and demanding justice that these monsters will win.

You disappoint me, normally you are always so observant. Half of the posts on this thread are about those comments that the RTP had supposedly made in court. And all reports in the UK media are based on Laura's facebook posting (and indeed that one reply to a comment that I had overlooked). The Guardian tried to make a nice spin that Hannah believed that the B2 could not have done it as the threats she received came from Thais.

I believe that she is being advised what to post and what not to post. I see a conspiracy at work here and I have an idea of who these advisers are. Hint: females.

Over to you.

How long before the shills arrive? Must me sleeping late today.

They've already arrived. Check out #23!

I wouldn't be too quick to call that a shills' response. It raises a valid question which is why it is so important to get to the bottom of this.

It doesn't raise a valid question because it's reasoning and questioning is based on a fallacy.

You disappoint me, normally you are always so observant. Half of the posts on this thread are about those comments that the RTP had supposedly made in court. And all reports in the UK media are based on Laura's facebook posting (and indeed that one reply to a comment that I had overlooked). The Guardian tried to make a nice spin that Hannah believed that the B2 could not have done it as the threats she received came from Thais.

I believe that she is being advised what to post and what not to post. I see a conspiracy at work here and I have an idea of who these advisers are. Hint: females.

Over to you.

No, over to you. Do you have any evidence of these advisors? And the comments by court officials were made to Laura and her family, not in the court sessions. You need to spin harder.

Because he doesn't want an answer, he wants to take the discussion off on a tangent.

The more I read about this the more I am convinced that the posh boys who did it are being protected by the police. The whole thing has been shambolic from the start. How difficult would it have been to blockade the island as soon as the event was discovered?

Laura.... If you are still monitoring this blog

I can't begin to comprehend the anguish and pain that you and your family are going through at this time, coupled with the dispicable input to your Facebook page, you have my utmost sympathy.

The TV forum is often critical and argumentive, with some folk playing devils advocate... But I do believe that the majority of the expat community here in Thailand share my thoughts in this sorrowful saga that has been forced upon you, so do please ignore insensitive posts and concentrate more on the positive side of our blog

And so, with deepest respect, could you clear up an issue for us here, as to wether you have withdrawn comments about the insensitivity of the RTP, or if the comments were censored by other means, or not made at all ( apologies, but I came late to the blog)

I completely understand that you might think this a personal matter for yourself and family, and that I have no right asking this of you, but expats here have a great concern about how the authorities handled the case, and wether they are safe from a similar fate

With the kindest of regards

Farcanal.

Indeed she did delete from her FB page........

• *Many of the thai people have no regard for human life. My evidence for this statement: firstly, some quotes of the things said to my bereaved, heart broken family by the judges and court officials at the trial of the two Burmese migrants-
  • *“why are you here? Why do you care? She is dead already”
  • * “why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one”
  • * “why are you making such a fuss, she will be back in 30 days as something else, she may have better luck next time

I am sure there is a reason (legalities?). The fact she deleted them does not mean these things were not said. I am sure they were, but hard to prove exactly when and by whom I guess. I think it is clear however where she stands: the B2 are innocent!

Indeed she did delete from her FB page........

• *Many of the thai people have no regard for human life. My evidence for this statement: firstly, some quotes of the things said to my bereaved, heart broken family by the judges and court officials at the trial of the two Burmese migrants-

Khun Han seems to have a different opinion.

He mentions in post # 170: "No, over to you. Do you have any evidence of these advisors? And the comments by court officials were made to Laura and her family, not in the court sessions. You need to spin harder."

Over to you.

Funny how it is you now posting conspiracy theories based on not a shred of evidence. How the tide has turned.

Over to you.

Funny how it is you now posting conspiracy theories based on not a shred of evidence. How the tide has turned.

But the agenda is still the same. Shameful people.

Archived