18 people injured, including Chinese tourists, in bus crash off Phuket

webfact

18 people injured, including Chinese tourists, in bus crash off Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1452569943_1-org.jpg
The bus was taking Chinese tourists to Krabi airport when it crashed and flipped on Phetkasem Rd in Phang-nga.

PHUKET: -- 18 people were injured, including a number of Chinese tourists, when the bus they were travelling on crashed on Phetkasem Rd in Phang-nga last night (Jan 11). Police are still investigating to find the cause of the accident.

Takua Thung police, Phang-nga Governor Phagpong Tawiphat and more than seven units of local rescue workers were called to the scene of the crash at the Pakchang bend on the southbound side of Phetkasem Rd (Phang Nga-Phuket route) in Krasom sub-district where a double-decker bus carrying Chinese tourists had crashed and and flipped on its side.

It was reported that 18 people had been injured in the crash.

The bus driver, 34-year-old Suriyon Tanjaroenrat from Phuket and a Thai guide named as Ms Kanjana Leelawatkarn, 48, were immediately taken to Phang-nga Hospital due to injuries sustained in the crash, while rescue workers helped recover other injured passengers from the crashed vehicle before taking them to hospital.

One Chinese passenger, Mr Zhang Shuai, 24, who had suffered head injuries was later transferred to Vachira Hospital.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/18-people-injured-including-chinese-tourists-in-bus-crash-off-phuket-55756.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-12

The driver and tour guide were taken to the hospital first.........Then the others.......

Do you need to know anything more about Thailand?

They had to check the foreigners had insurance (or cash) first.

I thought you meant they took their cash first, then transported them to the hospital that was too busy looking after the driver and guide....cheesy.gif

Wow...

I was just returing from Issan about 11 pm. When I saw this..

1. The accident was before the sharpest curve...

2. Another bus was stopped on its ass

3. How a bus flipped over BEFORE the sharpest turn?

Answer.

1. The bus laid 20 meters before the apex.

2. How it could turn over seems it needed help.

3. The bus did not slid into the guard rail....Meaning, it flipped at the beginning of the S curve. Not hitting a guard rail..

4. The only force to tip it over is what is missing. The 2nd tour bus stopped 15 meters before the ass of the tipped bus. Which is not in the picture.

Racing?

Wow...

Answer.

3. The bus did not slid into the guard rail....Meaning, it flipped at the beginning of the S curve. Not hitting a guard rail..

4. The only force to tip it over is what is missing. The 2nd tour bus stopped 15 meters before the ass of the tipped bus. Which is not in the picture.

Racing?

"Racing?" - the second bus was probably slip streaming to save on fuel.

Wow...

Answer.

Racing?

Racing And Swerving/that will do it averytime

Where I come from, the UK, we hear about a bus overturning once or twice a year. In Thailand we hear of it happening once or twice a day. The default position for a bus or minivan in Thailand appears to be laying on its side.

The bus was tired after working all day so it lay down to rest whistling.gif

The road carnage never ends . Second worst death rate in the whole world

And Phuket has the worst statistics of all the provinces.

That makes Phuket having the most dangerous roads in the world.

At least this accident will not make statistics worse as it happened in Phang Na province.

Archived