BANGKOK 22 March 2019 05:33
gp6755

Importing A Pet Into Thailand

Where is the actual place in the airport that you collect your cat from? I'm trying to find a map or its location, but all I can see is somewhere over in the FreeTrade zone that opens at 8:30am, is that the correct place to collect my cat from?

I hesitate to answer as it has been a while since I arrived with my cat..... hopefully somebody will confirm, or correct if things have been moved around.

Arriving with pets as accompanied/excess baggage, we exited Immigration, turned left and walked straight to a large cargo bay with an elevator/lift down on the left side. There were airport staff there, they said wait and, about 10 minutes later, they brought our cat to us.

We then back tracked, past Immigration lane exits and kept on walking straight and found the Vet office down that way on the right. We got there about 7:30AM and it was open.

After clearing, which took about 20 minutes and 100 Baht, they directed us to the Red Channel Customs lane.

Was prepared to pay 1,000 Baht customs duty but they never asked, I didn't offer, and that was it.

I applied yesterday for a import permit for my dog, and got it today in the mail already!

No let's see who all works out at the airport.

My flight lands at 16.05, will it be on time to meet the guys from the quarantaine station? If not, and they are closed already, what will be then the procedure?

Arjen.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2016 at 4:36 PM, moose7117 said:

please post how you go as i am keen to bring a dog home to thailand in the next few months.

Here I go:

All with all it went quite easy.

I had all required documents prepared. Had the import permit received.

Immigration was unbelieveable fast. Beside the animal and plant quarantiane station is o loket for exces luggage. My dog came there much earlier then the regular luggage on the belt..

The paperwork wnet quite smooth, but took a while (I gueass about 15 minutes) They did not check the dog at al. They required 100 Baht, and I received a invoice for this. Then Customs. They required 1.000 Baht. Also here I received an invoice, so I guess this is all normal.

I staid in a hotel close to the airport who allows dogs on the room. When I took diner I wanted to sit outside because  brought the dog. The invited me inside. The dog (still a pup) spoiled his water bowl, this was no problem for the staff. Then he peed beside my table, I wanted to clean it myself, I had no change.....

All with all very easy process.

Thannks for the advices I found here!

Arjen.

picture Vos.jpg

Hi all we have 2  American bulldogs my thai wife and I will be retiring to Thailand in about 6 months will we have problems bringing our dogs because of their linage?they are our kids we cannot bear the thought of losing them!

HI there

Possible newbie in Thailand. Do any of you know of pet friendly housing for at least a year in Samut Prakan area?

I have a small dog. Any help, advice or notes will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

10 hours ago, BubbleBokkie said:

HI there

Possible newbie in Thailand. Do any of you know of pet friendly housing for at least a year in Samut Prakan area?

I have a small dog. Any help, advice or notes will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I should worry about that when you get here. Just choose a hotel and ask them if you can take your dog in, if not, they will advise you as to where you can go. Taxi drivers are also very good at this kind of thing.

After that you can start looking, there will be plenty of properties with a garden to rent.

On 25/09/2016 at 1:35 PM, Arjen said:

Here I go:

All with all it went quite easy.

I had all required documents prepared. Had the import permit received.

Immigration was unbelieveable fast. Beside the animal and plant quarantiane station is o loket for exces luggage. My dog came there much earlier then the regular luggage on the belt..

The paperwork wnet quite smooth, but took a while (I gueass about 15 minutes) They did not check the dog at al. They required 100 Baht, and I received a invoice for this. Then Customs. They required 1.000 Baht. Also here I received an invoice, so I guess this is all normal.

I staid in a hotel close to the airport who allows dogs on the room. When I took diner I wanted to sit outside because  brought the dog. The invited me inside. The dog (still a pup) spoiled his water bowl, this was no problem for the staff. Then he peed beside my table, I wanted to clean it myself, I had no change.....

All with all very easy process.

Thannks for the advices I found here!

Arjen.

Please let me know the name of the hotel you stayed at ...

I want to avoid it at all cost ....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Please let me know the name of the hotel you stayed at ...

I want to avoid it at all cost ....

Just avoid all hotels what accept pets and you are good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arjen said:

Just avoid all hotels what accept pets and you are good.

Actually Arjen, the more I see your pups face in that pic the more I like him ......    it's not that I don't enjoy dogs, it's just I don't think they are suited to entering restaurants, hotels and the likes,  dogs should be on the land with room to play not in a city or locked up in apartments.  Its just my opinion

I had a few dogs as a boy and loved them alot.

Your dog looks good and I am sure he's very playful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Actually Arjen, the more I see your pups face in that pic the more I like him ......    it's not that I don't enjoy dogs, it's just I don't think they are suited to entering restaurants, hotels and the likes,  dogs should be on the land with room to play not in a city or locked up in apartments.  Its just my opinion

I had a few dogs as a boy and loved them alot.

Your dog looks good and I am sure he's very playful.

Thanks!

He is also lovely.... I agree partial with you. But sometimes it is neccessary to take your dog with you on your travels. In this case it was neccessary. I had no idea how the dog should respond on the flight, and I had no idea how long importing the dog should take. I landed late in the afternoon, and did not want to drive direct after the landing the 800km back home.....

I calculated for importing around three hour. It was actual only 20 minutes.... In fact it should have been possible to drive home direct..... But I left my car at the hotel, and the room was booked....

I was prepared that the hotel should not allow my dog in the restaurant, that they did surprised me also a lot, and that is why I mentioned this extra....

But as said, I agree partial with you.

Arjen.

• Like 1

hello everyone. i have a dog and her breed is mix/boxer and bulldog. i want to travel and bring ( import ) my dog to thailand but there is a problem. her face is like pitbull and it is ban to import pitbull to thailand. she is my best friend and i need your help to import her without any problem. i can pay 1000$ to anyone who had a connection at the airport to solve this problem. i love thailand also dogs, so help me my friends. this is my email if u want to send some info. khodayar2012@yahoo.com

in addition, her passport confirm that my dog is a mix boxer and bulldog and she has all health certificates. 

wish u the best

Moving back to Thailand after a couple years in the USA. I have 2 cats, both are 2 years old. I'm looking for the most thorough and up to date resource about what I need to do to bring them over. Also any experiences would be great. I'm very worried about taking them on such a long trip and I have no idea how the logistics work. How do they use the toilet while on a 12 hour flight, and then on another 4 hour flight after the connection? My cats hate car rides so I'm very nervous about something so major.