TAT highlights Thailand as a Muslim and family friendly destination

webfact

There are these promotions and then there is reality. Yes, some Muslim families do travel to Thailand. Shopping and medical procedures are a focus.

However, on the flights to and from the Middle East and Bangkok, you will find the majority of Muslims are unattached men traveling in small groups.

And did this article just use Pattaya as an example of a family friendly place? Oh, Lord.

My misguided friend, Pattaya is renowned for being successful in its effort to attract hi so tourist families, young Iranian men steeped in religion would make welcome guests.

There are these promotions and then there is reality. Yes, some Muslim families do travel to Thailand. Shopping and medical procedures are a focus.

However, on the flights to and from the Middle East and Bangkok, you will find the majority of Muslims are unattached men traveling in small groups.

And did this article just use Pattaya as an example of a family friendly place? Oh, Lord.

My misguided friend, Pattaya is renowned for being successful in its effort to attract hi so tourist families, young Iranian men steeped in religion would make welcome guests.

Anybody with money to spend is welcome to Thailand.

In Central Chidlom some years ago they suddenly played arab music over the speakers on all floors. There were many arabs shopping but i'll never forget the lady''s who were totally covered in black sheets weared a facemask/cage of solid gold bars. It was like a muzzle of 10mm thick golden bars who were decorated.

I suddenly felt a 2nd hand customer in the shop rolleyes.gif

My guess was the TAT would play the Indian card, invite more Indians to come here but of course i was wrong, they have more cards then i would think of.

Soon they will play the joker i guess, then everybody is welcome no matter what color, ancestry, religion, fetish, shoesize, whatever.

As stated above by many, they are coming to spend lot of money, and Thais in the industry know that well. Average farang, is spending nothing, getting drunk, living on poor status from a pension or seeking teaching job at low salary equivalent to social security back home. The choice is clear for tourism business. Money has no color, no odor and no religion.

Dear Petchou.

You are quite wrong in your thoughts about visitors to Thailand.

The average Farang tourist spends 100 per day in the local economy.

The average Farang expat spends initially 850,000 baht and then 52,000 baht monthly into the local economy.

Most certainly not nothing as you call it.

Stop bashing the Farang, because they, one way or another,bring in a lot of capital into Thailand.

It is said the expats living in Thailand generate more than 500,000 jobs, a fact well known by a former governor in the Isan who asked, in a speech, the farang living in the Isan to please tell family and friends to come and live in Isan.

They were badly needed for the economy.

Dear Petchou.

You are quite wrong in your thoughts about visitors to Thailand.

The average Farang tourist spends 100 per day in the local economy.

The average Farang expat spends initially 850,000 baht and then 52,000 baht monthly into the local economy.

Most certainly not nothing as you call it.

Stop bashing the Farang, because they, one way or another,bring in a lot of capital into Thailand.

It is said the expats living in Thailand generate more than 500,000 jobs, a fact well known by a former governor in the Isan who asked, in a speech, the farang living in the Isan to please tell family and friends to come and live in Isan.

They were badly needed for the economy.

True. I have put about 6 million baht into the Isaan economy. That's about 100 times more than the average one-time tourist.

If I look around in the farang community known by me, the total amount spent into the local economy roughly translates into nearly a million baht per year per person.

And that is including those that do teaching jobs.

But also people known by me who spend their time drinking and hunting in Thailand do spend nearly 50,000 baht a month in the local economy.

They have to to qualify for a visum or an extension of stay.

And all that money is spent in the local economy!

Archived