15-year old accidentally shot dead by warring motorcyclists in Bangkok

webfact

15-year old accidentally shot dead by warring motorcyclists

102-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A 15-year old trainee working with a satellite dish installation firm was accidentally shot dead as he was travelling in a pickup truck on a ringroad in Bang Chan area, Bangkok suburb, Monday evening.

The victim, Boonyawat Suebsamran, was struck in his forehead by a single shot believed fired from one of two rival motorcyclist groups engaging in a street fight.

The truck driver, Mr Charnchai Sriburi, told Bang Chan police, that he was on his way home with Boonyawat, his assistant, after having finished installing a satellite dish at a house in Soi Onnuj.

He said that as he was about to exit Soi Onnuj he saw from the car’s rear mirror three motorcycles which appeared to be engaged in a chase. Shortly afterward, he heard two gunshots from the group and a crack of the front windshield before Boonyawat collapsed with blood spilling out of his head.

Police said they believed the gunshot was fired by one of the motorcyclists who might engage in a fight.

The victim’s mother, Mrs Saifon, said the victim was the eldest of her three children. Boonyawat quitted school after finishing Mathayom 2 at a school in Si Sa Ket and came to Bangkok and got a job with the satellite dish firm.

She said the victim was the family’s breadwinner and he sent home money every month to support the family.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/15-year-old-accidentally-shot-dead-by-warring-motorcyclists

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-13

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is wrong with this and other govts and their almost couldn't care less attitude towards the fact the country is awash with firearms ?

We're constantly assured of a purge, crackdown and other buzz words on all sorts of issues yet firearms never get the attention they should.

The current micro-managing PM has his nose into all sorts of issues but guns isn't one of them.

Hardly a great tourist come on knowing upsetting a Thai is likely to get you shot.

I wonder if the parents will be told to go home and make a new one, or not to worry, as they will be back in 30 days & maybe luckier next time.

I wonder what has traumatised and dehumanised you to the extent that you could make such a callous comment.

As soon as you step out of your door and leave home you are in the jungle, and some times never see it coming,

RIP,

I only hope the shooter has a guilty vast amount of dreams and does the right thing and hands herself / himself in !

I wonder if the parents will be told to go home and make a new one, or not to worry, as they will be back in 30 days & maybe luckier next time.

I wonder what has traumatised and dehumanised you to the extent that you could make such a callous comment.

sad member

sad member

It's what the Thai police told the parents of Hannah at the trial of the B2 scapegoats.

Rip to this young man.

You don't keep up with the news do you.

Yes I do.

I also know that it doesn't matter what has been said in the past by some callous scumbag in a different tragedy.

It doesn't justify repeating it to score points or out of some sense of anger in one such as this.

The problem is, in Thailand, criminal kids walk away with everything.

In western countries the is a law enforcement against these criminal jerks.

Probation,

social public work

Jail....

As long the government does not punish these jerk, it will not stop.

The government is even unable to check on kids riding and racing on motorbikes.

Yes I do.

I also know that it doesn't matter what has been said in the past by some callous scumbag in a different tragedy.

It doesn't justify repeating it to score points or out of some sense of anger in one such as this.

Oh dear. High horse moment. Bait n hook. Impact?

Sad way to end this young life. Raises up a lot of questions on child labor and that he was "the breadwinner" for a Thai family at the age of 15. Working/living on his own at the mercy of other Thais.

You should have stopped with the first sentence.Who said he was living, working on his own.Normally young lads stay with family or friends or maybe even the people he was working for.He was at the mercy of nobody,just wrong spot at the wrong time.

What is wrong with this and other govts and their almost couldn't care less attitude towards the fact the country is awash with firearms ?

We're constantly assured of a purge, crackdown and other buzz words on all sorts of issues yet firearms never get the attention they should.

The current micro-managing PM has his nose into all sorts of issues but guns isn't one of them.

Hardly a great tourist come on knowing upsetting a Thai is likely to get you shot.

30 million tourists and still they come.How many tourists get killed by guns,not many at all.More chance of drowning or drunk on a motorbike,something Thais have nothing to do with,so does not fit your agenda.

It is not even an original comment.

Sad way to end this young life. Raises up a lot of questions on child labor and that he was "the breadwinner" for a Thai family at the age of 15. Working/living on his own at the mercy of other Thais.

Yes agree very sad, but this is not an accident as they describe. It is a murder! If you are engaged in a gun battle with another and an innocent person is shot, it is murder under the legislation.

sad member

It's what the Thai police told the parents of Hannah at the trial of the B2 scapegoats.

Rip to this young man.

Too bad many members don't read everything before they comment. As was stated here that is what was said to parents of Hannah by authorities and the poster with his comment was being sarcastic in reference to the Thai authorities and the way some obviously viewed life, at least that of a farang.

30 million tourists and still they come.How many tourists get killed by guns,not many at all.More chance of drowning or drunk on a motorbike,something Thais have nothing to do with,so does not fit your agenda.

That's good then so TAT can assure tourists that if they happen to get killed here it won't be by gunfire anyway as Thai only shoot each other.

What agenda by the way other than the one in your imagination ?

Accidentally shot? I don't think so.

Some moron, thinking he's a big guy because he's got a gun, deliberately pulled the trigger reckless and careless as to whoever it was that was shot. He pulled the trigger with the intention of killing, maiming or harming someone. He achieved his aim: it was not an accident.

It is a tragedy that a young man who deserved to live the rest of his normal life was murdered. His family will suffer now.

Wretched little boys with guns: how awful are they?

Archived