Teacher Evaluations

On 23/1/2559 at 6:24 AM, Mencken said:

No problem keeping a job. Huh, cuz seems to me your sorta worried about the evaluation, and presumably your job.

Apologies if I was not able to clue you in properly.

By all means. Show up five minutes late in the same pants you wear all week, make sure they are riding below your hips and your tired, crumpled shirt is sufficiently untucked. Those off color grey/blue shirts the English are partial to are perfect, they look fashionably working class as well as worn and soiled bought new.

Be certain your yellow, cigarette stained teeth and foul breath from a lack of hygiene and dentistry are placed close enough to students so they recoil in horror and you smell like benzine and the street from the ride to work.

As you make your way about the room, please rip a few loud enough that your students rush for the doors. This always makes a stellar impression upon the Thai Director and evaluator.

Be certain not have a lesson plan nor practice it as well. Never attempt to teach the lesson prior in another class. Have a few drinks the night before, just enough so the alcohol shows on your face and clouds your thinking.

Knowing your students by name and calling upon them is another horrible idea. Look clueless, point and say...hey, you there...or simply -student. Show the evaluator indirectly, prior that you get on with your students well by brooding and stressing alone at the desk prior to your lesson.

Never meet with your evaluator prior and overwhelm them with your charm, cordiality, charm and kwam pen Thai.

All the teachers complaining about their evaluations before they even start really speaks to the heart of how unqualified and barely presentable they are.

In the end, the evaluation is just you, presenting yourself to your Thai students, standard lesson, best foot forward. If your are struggling with that concept, I'm afraid the pixie dust is all sold out at Big C.

Maybe you could work that farting thing into a lesson as an activity.

Hey, if you fail and they shitcan you, always know that you have no problem.

Maybe you should have a look at all the well pressed and scrubbed Thai teachers. Perhaps a consult with dozens of websites stressing the importance of dressing properly in Thailand - and Asia.

Evaluation... what is there to say? Do the lesson to the best of your abilities and map it all out including contingencies. Make sure to circulate in the room, check students books, call upon them by name. Show that you have a prifessional yet personal relationship with the students. Be warm, smiling, deferential. Control and guide the class with an iron fist wearing a velvet glove.

Or...you could just rip a big fart and say - class dismissed!!

Sad mate, but they still kept me and wanted me to stay... did about all I could to leave...A Face thang?