Quitting Jan 18 2016

PeCeDe

Thanks to urgings from good people on this site, I went to Sikarin hospital for symptoms I was experiencing. Turns out I have COPD and HAVE to quit, I've set my date as Jan 18, and any suggestions will be gratefully received!

I've smoked a pack a day for nigh on 50 years and thought I was invincible, obviously not. My Doctor tells me I could have died and assuredly will if I don't stop, the Dr's comments have given me considerable impetus (suicide is not on my agenda), any hints will be received heartily! I joined smokefree.gov, and am getting encouragement from them.

No doubt stupid, but one thought is to buy a few bottles of hard stuff, plenty of food and stay holed up in my Condo, drunk for the first few days. I live on my own so will be no threat to anyone... except me of course.

Hi I havent had a cig in two years but i stopped when i found vaping gave me the same buzz that smoking did.However i dont know what COPD is so i cant say if it will be suitable for you.

I vape the low nic menthol which keeps me on the straight and narrow after 55 years of a pack a day. I no longer smell like an ashtray ,my teeth stains have gone and i dont like the smell when someone smokes around me, and believe me it really does smell .I have no stains on my fingers .Best of luck to you as i know how hard it can be as i tried everything from hypnosis to patches over the years. Some people just stop with no aid and i envy them but for me i am happy to vape as i actually enjoy it and although i could quite easily stop now i have no intention of doing so .

peteinpatts ....

Why wait until the 18th? Do it today. On the 18th you will have four days behind you. You will feel great taking control back in your life. Just do it.

Sounds like a plan to me... Just finished a coffee with a friend of mine, he says the same thing. I have 2 cigs left.

Thanks

Hi I havent had a cig in two years but i stopped when i found vaping gave me the same buzz that smoking did.However i dont know what COPD is so i cant say if it will be suitable for you.

I vape the low nic menthol which keeps me on the straight and narrow after 55 years of a pack a day. I no longer smell like an ashtray ,my teeth stains have gone and i dont like the smell when someone smokes around me, and believe me it really does smell .I have no stains on my fingers .Best of luck to you as i know how hard it can be as i tried everything from hypnosis to patches over the years. Some people just stop with no aid and i envy them but for me i am happy to vape as i actually enjoy it and although i could quite easily stop now i have no intention of doing so .

peteinpatts ....

I did the Vaping thing, and it's really not what I want, but thanks for your input... It just seems like the height of insanity walking around with an inhaler in my pocket, waiting for the next attack, and having a cigarette all at the same time.

Archived