World should be 'worried about Iran-Saudi conflict'

webfact

World should be 'worried about Iran-Saudi conflict'

Open confrontation between two rivals is a real possibility, a former advisor to Saudi royal family tells Al Jazeera

DOHA: -- The world should be worried about an open conflict between Iran and Saudi Arabia, a former advisor to the Saudi Arabian royal family has told Al Jazeera.

"The hate, the anger, the killing, they have the ingredients for a major confrontation," Jamal Khashoggi said in an interview with Al Jazeera's flagship current affairs show UpFront.

Saudi Arabia severed relations with Iran after an attack on its embassy in Tehran last week following the kingdom's execution of Shia religious leader Nimr al-Nimr, who was put to death along with 46 mostly Sunni Muslims convicted on terrorism charges.

Saudi, a predominantly Sunni kingdom, and Shia Iran have accused each other of backing proxies in the war in Yemen and Syria.

Full story: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/01/world-worried-iran-saudi-conflict-160115055436274.html

-- AL JAZEERA 2016-01-15

If Saudi Arabia and Iran go to war I'll be sitting back enjoying the show, watching them destroy each other.

Let them kill each other in the name of Allah.

Will you enjoy all of the collateral damage too because, rest assured, there will be plenty of that.

If Saudi Arabia and Iran go to war I'll be sitting back enjoying the show, watching them destroy each other.

Will you enjoy all of the collateral damage too because, rest assured, there will be plenty of that.

I think that we have seen more than enough of that in the past few years already, if they want to kill each other that is their problem, I have sympathy for refugees but not government leaders who on the whole are corrupt and power or oil hungry.

I think that we have seen more than enough of that in the past few years already, if they want to kill each other that is their problem, I have sympathy for refugees but not government leaders who on the whole are corrupt and power or oil hungry.

It will not just be refugees from the Middle East. The consequences of such a conflict will be immense world wide and in no way restricted to just themselves. Other countries will be drawn into the conflict for a start. The oil price will sky rocket with all the disastrous consequences that will have on an already fragile global economy.

People who say it is ok to sort it out amongst themselves have no idea how easily things can escalate.

Just look at how IS has spread rapidly from only a short while ago being an almost unknown entity.

Nothing we can do

All you worry warts get together raise money and send it to the leaders of both of these lousy countries.

Maybe if they get enough money from fools they will love everyone and their will be peace.

What else can we do?

emirates which operates out of dubai which is in between iran and saudi are currently having a sale of non refundable air tickets so you cant back out if/when the sh*t hits the fan. obviously they see it as a highly possible outcome

If Saudi goes to war it wont be them fighting it. Probably the USA will be. When they ad the first Gulf War 30% of the soldiers called in sick, you read it right. When the confrontation took place in 1986 you saw the Qatari Air Force guys go into a room and later came out. Only thing was they gained a good few inches between going in and coming out and the visor on the helmet was down when they came out so you couldnt see their face. In reality it was Qatari's who went in and either USA or UK pilots that came out.

Unfortunately most of the Arab world is good at getting others to fight its battles

emirates which operates out of dubai which is in between iran and saudi are currently having a sale of non refundable air tickets so you cant back out if/when the sh*t hits the fan. obviously they see it as a highly possible outcome[/quote

Don't. I have one for a few months time

As top conspiracy theorist and high octane speculator Joseph P. Farrell pointed out a few days ago, Russia has subtly hinted that they will use nuclear weapons against ISIS by pointing out that some of the missle attacks have been from missles normally used to launch nuclear weapons. As Russia is Iran's ally, one my then think the Saudis ought to get the hint too, that perhaps Russia is reaching the end of its tether and that who are we kidding here, we know where a lot of ISIS's backing is coming from: Saudi Arabia, and that before too long they could find themselves on the receiving end of some of these Russian submarine launched missle attacks. There was a regime change in Saudi in January, and they have been, as German intelligence put it, impulsively aggressive at an unprecedented level. The US media has been dropping subtle hints, such as after the San Bernadino attack, in which Saudi Arabia was mentioned again and again as the place where the gunman had gone for training and indoctrination. It is as though the US is suggesting that things may be getting ready for a shift away from support for Saudi Arabia. I certainly hope so.

As it stands the Iranian army has more current military experience, but the Saudis a huge advantage in their modern military. I don't think the Saudis will be keen to allow Iran to spend the $150 billion they will receive on updating their military. Also who has any faith the Iranian compliance with the nuclear deal will be forthcoming or even monitored? Hence I suspect hostilities are months if not weeks away.

Frankly, if they really went for it and wiped each other out...thinking about I believe the benefit to the world and all our future would outweigh the fallout.

Muslims don't ya just. Love the religion of peace?

You mean like the 100 years war, the conflict in Ireland, the buddhists purging the muslims in Burma,...

I think there is no religion of peace

Religions don't kill people. People kill people.

I like the idea. As long as the Us stays out of it. My dollar is oil based good for me. Let them kill each other better than coming to our shores and killing our people at random. The world is a ghetto and in the ghetto it is take care of yourself and your bro.

Archived