BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

“Good guys in, bad guys out”, says Thailand Immigration chief

“Good guys in, bad guys out”, says Thailand Immigration chief

post-137452-0-57166900-1452928527_thumb.

BANGKOK:-- “Good guys in, bad guys out” is the message from Pol. Lt. Gen. Nathathorn Prousoontorn, Immigration Bureau Commissioner, as immigration officials prepare to launch its latest crackdown foreign visitors who overstay their visas.

As Thaivisa reported earlier this week, as of 20th March 2016, anyone who overstays in Thailand can expect to be blacklisted and barred from re-entering Thailand.

Ahead of the new regulations, the Immigration Bureau has updated its website overnight, fully detailing the penalties for those who overstay.

The new look Immigration site also includes a visa advice page, complete with a cartoon video which whilst informative, has to be seen to be believed!

Take a look for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2jLvz4zSDM

If you are reading this knowing you are on overstay, it would be advisable to go and sort the issue out before the new regulation begins on 20th March 2016.

tvn.png
-- 2016-01-16

post-137452-0-59941200-1452929006_thumb.

They seem to have taken clue from the UK Government passport issue video of a year or two ago.

By the looks of it, this clears up any ambiguity of whether people overstaying less than 90 days would be prosecuted--as long as said people turn themselves in. Still wondering what would happen to someone who overstays a week and happens to get caught.

The Witchfinders General might try to figure out Youtube so the word gets out.

They have the video as "This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing."

Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ISeyqG75I and click the 'Share' link below the video to see what I mean.

The Anonymous hackers must surely be quaking in their boots at this level of IT sophistication.

reading the headline i thought it was their guys that were being sorted out , you know all the smileysad.png happy people that work for this shower of -_-ts

By the looks of it, this clears up any ambiguity of whether people overstaying less than 90 days would be prosecuted--as long as said people turn themselves in. Still wondering what would happen to someone who overstays a week and happens to get caught.

Based on the video alone it sounds like a 5 year ban.

based on the 2 pictures too

Geez. If that turns out to be the case, I wonder what option-B will be, as in how much it'll cost to stay out of the system.

I'm guessing the 500 Baht per day is still in play for people who overstay a few days

I'm guessing the 500 Baht per day is still in play for people who overstay a few days

That's what I'm thinking, too, despite the option the authorities have. I just can't imagine threatening a tourist with a five year ban for overstaying a week.

Crystal clear. Everyone now knows. No excuses. Let's hope they stick it without fear or favour. This is the perfect, perhaps only, opportunity for those in breach to get legal and stop living in fear of a random stop or a knock on the door.

The poster shown in the background has been posted at Pattaya Immigration for at least a month now already.

Pretty funny video...takeaways:

Only men overstay

It's OK to come to Thailand and comit crimes, like theft, online scams, and ATM card skimming as long as you don't overstay your entry stamp or visa.

Thai immigration officials have curiously Western accents

?

Is no one else going to mention that they showed the foreigners ( or aliens) in this very informative cartoon here as criminals traveling around the country and ripping people off with various scams and schemes in each location?