Change in the Rules

A colleague has been to Immigration to change his Tourist Visa to Non O and I assume Etension of Stay, Retirement. He said he was informed the funds 800000 baht does not have to be in a Thai Bank Account although he did have. This has started a furious debate, he insists they told him the money doesn't have to be in a Thai Bank Account.?

He applied for a non immigrant visa not an extension. The money only has to be in the bank for the visa application.

The 60 days is only for a extension of stay application he will do during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa application.

He applied for a non immigrant visa not an extension. The money only has to be in the bank for the visa application.

The 60 days is only for a extension of stay application he will do during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa application.

The point I am making is he was told by Immigration the money doesn't have to be in a Thai Bank Account irrespective of the Visa he was applying for.

The point I am making is he was told by Immigration the money doesn't have to be in a Thai Bank Account irrespective of the Visa he was applying for.

If you prove enough permanent and reliable income from pensions, etc then from what I've heard you don't need to show any money in the bank account.

Immigration only issues one type of visa and that is a non immigrant visa the is only valid for the date it issued when a 90 day permit to stay stamp is done.

You are confusing extensions of stay and visas.

Immigration only issues one type of visa and that is a non immigrant visa the is only valid for the date it issued when a 90 day permit to stay stamp is done.

You are confusing extensions of stay and visas.

He gave me the wrong info, he only got 90 days and as you say goes back for his Extension of Stay.