Reliable Drinking water who deliver

joanamarie24

It may help people to answer if you said what part of the island you are on... I prefer Singha Water so I buy it at the super market. Not big on those opaque delivered bottles. But if that's what you want, there's usually a truck that comes around most neighborhoods, flag them down.

I've never seen a company that rents coolers and delivers water in Thailand. I bought an electric cooler at Macro and I see the guys drive around with a pickup truck full of bottles. Most of the large bottles in my area of town, Rawai, come from The Happy Crystal Ice Company, which is about a block from my house. Most ice companies supply the large bottles to your local mom and pop shops and the delivery guys. You need to pay a deposit on the bottles the first time then exchange them.

But I don't like the taste as I said, so I get the large bottles of Singha water at Tesco or another local market.

Good luck, maybe someone in your area has a local source.

Edited by Jimi007

I've never seen a company that rents coolers and delivers water in Thailand. I bought an electric cooler at Macro and I see the guys drive around with a pickup truck full of bottles. Most of the large bottles in my area of town, Rawai, come from The Happy Crystal Ice Company, which is about a block from my house. Most ice companies supply the large bottles to your local mom and pop shops and the delivery guys. You need to pay a deposit on the bottles the first time then exchange them.

But I don't like the taste as I said, so I get the large bottles of Singha water at Tesco or another local market.

Good luck, maybe someone in your area has a local source.

Yep same here,I have a Sharp cooler with one bottle that holds 20L,I buy the 6L bottles from Tesco Lotus and fill it up 3 at a time when it runs out,reliable safe drinking water.

The large white bottles that cost 13 baht up here in Phetchabun to refill taste awful,often very earthy and the bottles themselves are often filthy,I use that water for boiling vegetables and making rice only.

Thank you very much for the information. How much does it cost you the large bottles of singha water in Tesco do they deliver?

No, they don't deliver, they are a grocery chain. Also check Macro, if there's one in your area or Super Cheap. You're in Thailand, not the US or UK, things are much different here, just like they don't have drinking water delivery companies with coolers like they do back where I came from.

I don't remember the price. I think the largest bottles are 6 L or a six pack of 1.5 L bottles. My wife usually picks it up, I'd ask her but she's asleep. If we get the bigger bottles, we just refill the 1.5 L bottles and stick them in the refrigerator. Easiest way we've found...

Edited by Jimi007

Big opaque bottles. 12baht for 20 litres. Available all around the island.

Do you actually drink it straight? I tried it for the first year I was here and couldn't drink it. My well water tastes better!

Yes. I do. I sometimes add Chang soda water to it as 50%-50% mix. This is partly as the reverse osmosis removes all minerals from the water. Soda water also makes the taste better.

Do you actually drink it straight? I tried it for the first year I was here and couldn't drink it. My well water tastes better!

I do, and pay even less at 10 baht. I collect it in kata though, IMO better than the rawai drinking water.

Thank you very much for the information. How much does it cost you the large bottles of singha water in Tesco do they deliver?

They deliver. You have to order online. Tops also do deliver but sure not for 1 or 2 water bottles.

Price for 6l between 28-40 Baht.

Edited by schlog

I do, and pay even less at 10 baht. I collect it in kata though, IMO better than the rawai drinking water.

10 baht in Kamala as well, but I boil mine before I drink it.

Then is it actual drinking water, if you feel you have to boil it before you drink it?

Then is it actual drinking water, if you feel you have to boil it before you drink it?

Those 10 baht big bottles I would not recommend for drinking as no real known quality control. We only use for boiling - coffee, rice cooker, veggie boiling.

Those 10 baht big bottles I would not recommend for drinking as no real known quality control. We only use for boiling - coffee, rice cooker, veggie boiling.

Same here. For drinking, we get the H2O bottles delivered weekly at 45 baht for 19 litres.

Very cheap, in Australia I used to pay $9 for 15 litres.

It is after I boil it. Not too difficult. One large pot takes 12 minutes to boil. I use one pot every 2 -3 days.

It is after I boil it. Not too difficult. One large pot takes 12 minutes to boil. I use one pot every 2 -3 days.

I suppose I could boil my well water and call it drinking water too! My thai neighbors drink it without boiling. It tastes okay, but I'd rather drink better tasting water for a bit more money.

I suppose I could boil my well water and call it drinking water too! My thai neighbors drink it without boiling. It tastes okay, but I'd rather drink better tasting water for a bit more money.

Your Thai neighbors drink it than indeed it is drinking water! They drink your well water? It would be interesting to see what you'd pick in a blind taste test. Just stop trying to put me down cause I chose to boil my 10 baht bottled water. It's getting a bit petty.

Edited by Pakaty

I have a solar still in my back yard.

I dig a hole, throw some vegetation in, cover it with plastic and let the sun create fresh water through evaporation.

Anything to save a few baht!

Mike and Mal'd be proud of ya....

mikenmal.jpg

Your Thai neighbors drink it than indeed it is drinking water! They drink your well water? It would be interesting to see what you'd pick in a blind taste test. Just stop trying to put me down cause I chose to boil my 10 baht bottled water. It's getting a bit petty.

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a personal attack. But you and others have stated that they boil it first, which I guess I don't consider to be drinking water. Yes, I suppose it's potable water.

Sorry, again. Cheers.

I'm curious how does our experiences affect to how we think about the water?

I'm from a super clean country, where water quality measurements would put Germany in to shame. There we also have a long winter, which is pretty good for killing all kind of bacterias and other bugs. The downside of this is that allergies are rampant, due the immune system is not wise enough to deal with the occasional bugs. On the other hand, it's still possible to drink water directly from rivers at the northern parts of the country.

When I moved to Singapore, I was happy to note that their tab water was potable. Regardless, the water was exposed to tropical temperatures. TGF brought a water purification system, which we used for an while. That was due her own experiences of not so clean water, from the tab.

While I lived in Bangkok, the city tab water was said to be good for drinking. Most likely that was the case, when the water left the purification centres, but maybe not so when it came out from the tab. I used 3 phase purification system to clean the water for drinking an coffee.

Here in Phuket I have never heard anyone to say that the tab water would be safe to drink. The bottles from the factories, which clean the water by reserve osmosis, however should be as clean as water normally gets. The issue is how well the bottles and the equipment have been cleaned, before being reused.

Over the years I have encountered couple of 'slimy' bottles, which I have left unused. These bottles had the same slimy film, which my fridge jugs have, if I forgot to clean them. Nothing too harmful, but quite disgusting.

For me, the opaque bottled water has been and most likely will be, perfectly good drinking water. Our stomach's acid solution is pretty good when it comes to dealing with bacteria.

I understand that some people feel that they require more protection for themselves, or their families. However think it's just marketed fear.

I have a solar still in my back yard.

I dig a hole, throw some vegetation in, cover it with plastic and let the sun create fresh water through evaporation.

Anything to save a few baht!

Mike and Mal'd be proud of ya....

mikenmal.jpg

That's a blast from the past!

I was thinking more like Jason and Simon!

post-18822-0-15896000-1453396232_thumb.ppost-18822-0-82913000-1453396267_thumb.j

99% of restaurants use those opaque bottles for drinking water.

Hum, not sure where you dine out... 100% give me a small bottled and a glass of ice. Yes the ice is made from the same water as the opaque bottles as they both come from the local ice companies. I kind of think this thread has gone around in circles at this point.

As we all know there is potable water, that is drinkable, most seem to mainly use it for cooking. To me there is a discernible difference between what tastes good and what is the cheapest potable water that's available... I guess I'll just have to pay a few Baht more for what I like.

Water itself is the same, wether it's from opaque bottles, from H20 company, or 7/11 bottles. All those are purified the same way.

All the water we drink have no real minerals, which we need to get from other sources. In the way that's good as we can enjoy food with salt.

It's our own perception, how clean the water we drink actually is. Lot's of restaurants have a few clear bottles on their water coolers, which they fill with the water from opaque bottles. It doesn't make the water any better, but it just looks a bit nicer.

Some people simply pay a bit more of the same stuff, than others. If that make the people more happy, then it's all good.

There are several, simple ways to purify water, in case there is a real need for it.

Like Old Croc said, one is using solar distillation. Steaming water leaves impurities to the source water.

In case of emergency, one method is to use household bleach to kill all the bacteria on water and make it drinkable. The downside is that the water tastes a bit bad.

Another way is to fill plastic bottles and leave those to Sun's UV-radiation. This method kills the bacteria and parasites within hours.

It's also possible to boil the water for enough time, which also kills the bacterias. Pressure cooker, which can reach 120C, would be much better.

If I would be worried about the opaque bottles content, I would first use the UV-radiation method and then boil the water.

But I'm not, so I don't have to deal with all the hassle.