Don Muang airport to Korat - Advice Please

Once Bitten

I will be arriving at Don Muang airport ( Terminal 2 ) and need to get to Korat by bus , I think I will need to go to Mochit bus station to catch a bus to Korat ? , can any one tell me the best way to get to the bus station from the airport please and if possible the approximate price involved ( don't want to get scammed ) .

Thank You

MO Chit is not far from DonMaung airport.If it was me I would just take A taxi.Not very much money

Unless around rush hour then it cost more with the taxi not moving in A traffic jam.

If you don't want to get scammed ask the taxi to use the meter.

Be smart and use brains-look at map. You can simply avoid the taxi+the the double track via exactly same roads in+out of Mochit by simply using your feet to cross main road-at north end of T1-across the WAT-and wait in the bypass for a Khorat bus-they go ev 15/20 mins. OR-if luxury is wanted, take taximeter at THAT side of road to Future Rangsit-tell driver its for the VIP Khorat bus and he'll drop you off some 5-6 kms onward. saves 2x30 mins time too.

Oh yes-no time save at all, but some dedicated raillovers (mysteriously they have not appeared yet) will advice you to use the rolling open air museum known as SRT=train. Station Khorat is rather inconveniently sat in far west of town.

A second option, would be to take a taxi and go north to the bus station in Pratum Thani as many of the buses that go to Khorat swing by there. The advantage is that you are going north and then north again rather than south (into the city) then north. If you are arriving around rush hour it might even be a much better option as you won't get caught in traffic doing that but the major disadvantage is that you will have less buses to choose from as not all stop there en route to Khorat. Still, I doubt you'd be waiting very long.

Archived